2019 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

But in exactly this case its easy to see that he actually does give Leclerc as much extra space as he can.
Thats the reason Leclerc have to use the (bad) excuse that he lost downforce.:roflmao:
Even Verstappen agreed that Leclerc lost downforce and it's pretty clear on Leclerc's cam (onboard) that he oversteer already before max coming to his side.

Lecrash - that was poor. Deserved penalty.
Seen it many times before from the recipient mind you - that's racing cars.

Suzuka is great, but not a great race.

Driver of today - Botass.
How was LeClerc's pass any different than Verstappen's at Austria? I'm not rationalizing, just didn't see much difference 'tween the two.

How was LeClerc's pass any different than Verstappen's at Austria? I'm not rationalizing, just didn't see much difference 'tween the two.
Precisely. However, Leclerc got penalized whilst Verstappen got away with it.
Just payback, so Verstappen should stop moaning. In the end he's the one who started this 'hard racing'. Let's say that Leclerc is a quick learner; much quicker than Verstappen ever was and will be.

Congrats to Bottas. Good to see Vettel back at the front again.
Albon deserves that RedBull seat next year.

Last edited:
Precisely. That's when the rule was clarified as he was not outside his box yet. Stupid rule, but it's the same for everyone, so whatever.

Now that it gets applied consistently, Ferrari International Assistance etc, yet it was already shown in Canada and Austria that it's anything but. :cautious:

People need to remove their Merc-tinted glasses, because it's quite hypocritical.

Ferrari is like F1 comic relief at this point. Their race highlights should have Yakety Sax as the background music.

I myself am neutral on Ferrari as a team, but I do feel bad for their fans. Ferrari fans have great passion and deserve to see the team taking advantage of their pace, not finding new and creative ways of blowing probable 1-2s.

Ferrari is like F1 comic relief at this point. Their race highlights should have Yakety Sax as the background music.

I myself am neutral on Ferrari as a team, but I do feel bad for their fans. Ferrari fans have great passion and deserve to see the team taking advantage of their pace, not finding new and creative ways of blowing probable 1-2s.

Ferrari - well besides the Brawn-Schumacher-Todt time - was never much different. If those cars weren't red and - used to - sound great, I doubt much of its fan appeal would remain.

And yes, I do support the red cars for over about 30 years now, to my own misfortune really.

Max has also been pushed off the track so often by others. this year Vettel Silverstone .. and also by Leclercq on Silverstone, almost .. Grandprix brazil by Ocon. Last year Vettel Suzuka ... To name just a few I think it is not so bad how often Max pushes others off ... because of the people who often call it, it seems more .... the power of repetition

Ferrari - well besides the Brawn-Schumacher-Todt time - was never much different. If those cars weren't red and - used to - sound great, I doubt much of its fan appeal would remain.

And yes, I do support the red cars for over about 30 years now, to my own misfortune really.
Agreed. A Ferrari run by Italians has never been more than a pint away from a circus. Not since I've been following F1 anyway (say 1992).

I think the part that really stings about Ferrari is they are more or less a subsidized team (or at least subsidized at a higher rate than the other teams).

I Think the Scuderia Ferrari is on par to the AMG Mercedes. Vettel is just under performing and getting frustrated, it happens to all athletes at some time or other as new talent comes in. Leclerc is doing well but accident prone as he has limited experience in F1. Over time he will learn lessons and improve.
What's your point? Lewis isn't the only driver to drive with Mercedes engines, many other drivers as team mates have had the same exact car, equipment and mechanics, and yet Lewis is the only driver to fully utilize them. Your argument (if one could call it that) is totally moot.. P.S. Leclerc doesn't only make a lot of mistakes, he cries on the radio about his teammate and fairness like a wimp. He's an okay driver, but not as impressive as I had heard.

I agree with him, point being Ferrari team and drivers mistakes too much for top team
You take away the errors they would be much closer
Lewis made mistakes and spat the dummy more then once early in his career
Throwing wheel from car and remember ..........." Why is it only my engine fails .......................... " ;)

Lewis is the master of manipulating radio messages and Ferrari fall for it hook line and sinker everytime :roflmao:

Epic comments! Max VS Charles... I'm not taking sides, but given their age and forseeable future, I'm 100% sure there will be more of this. At least the future is not boring. Waiting for Russel and Norris to get into top cars so we may have 4 way battles in the future! Good stuff from the youngsters! Let them race! The future is bright!

The desicion to box Lewis was stupid on so many levels, again the F1 fans suffer through pu**y tactics, it was set up for a great final few laps. If the graphic about tyre life is accurate it said he had 70% in those tyres? What was the point in leaving him out so long in the first stint if the plan was still a 2 stop? I'm happy for Bottas but would of liked to see him overtake for the win.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back