Gilles knew the risks, he took them many times and Zolder'82 was one too many. I remember him flying over Ronnie Peterson in the 6-wheel Tyrrell in Japan, thumbing wheels with the likes of Rene Arnoux in France - he was spectacular
36_years_ago_gilles_villeneuve_lost_his_life_in

Gilles was the craziest driver I've ever seen that was so talented at the same time. You can be crazy and have limited talent, but the thing with Gilles is that he was nuts but he also had an immense talent that allowed him to pull off these crazy stunts.

He was also crazy off the track. Ask anybody who was a passenger in his personal Ferrari. Not too many people wanted to get inside that car a second time. He had a little game with Pironi, when they were both Ferrari drivers. The game was to see who could go the longest on public roads at full speed without lifting the throttle.

Clear as day that Ferrari are the favourites to win this race. There's no argument, they have the fastest car on the straight and Montreal has long straights. So let's not sandbag this one.
There's a good possibility they could be in a generous mood a gift it to another team.
After disagreeing my comment, this must be hard to accept, especially since your diver did not make it.....you know who you are

Controversy is making the race more exciting. The analyst from Radio-Canada, the local French speaking network broadcasting the race, strongly disagrees with the race commissars decision to penalize Vettel.

The analyst argument is that Vettel was in front of Hamilton the whole time within the chicane and, by driving on the grass, Vettel was in a vulnerable position. The whole argument is that Vettel just did what he could to keep the car on the track.

I agree with that point of view.

I believe that it was a fair penalty. I believe that Vettel could , and should stay more in the middle of the track. If Hamilton was a meter ahead, he would knocked him at the wall.

I believe that it was a fair penalty. I believe that Vettel could , and should stay more in the middle of the track. If Hamilton was a meter ahead, he would knocked him at the wall.
Hamilton vs Ricciardo in 2016?
There it was even worse because Hamilton did it without oversteering.

His car was sliding , how was he supposed to steer it so precisely . It was a disgraceful decision . Vettel did well to keep the car away from the wall and has been completely robbed .

RaceDepartment puts so many topics after the F1 which is the center of the racing weekend, the result is that not many will comment simply because the topic is not in the first page.

His car was sliding , how was he supposed to steer it so precisely . It was a disgraceful decision . Vettel did well to keep the car away from the wall and has been completely robbed .

We do not have the data that Stewards have. Vettel says that he couldn't control the car away from the racing line, data could say otherwise. It was clear the way i saw it, that he could accelerate more careful and steer towards the middle of the track . Again, if Hamilton was 1 meter ahead, Vettel would smash him at the wall.

Today's GP was setting up to be a great finish between two juggernauts and FIA found a way to ruin it.

For those of you saying it was a correct penalty, I challenge you to drive across grass at over 150km/h and try to keep the car in the middle of a road going 45-degrees in a different direction.

They ruined what was a really enjoyable race. If Lewis got the overtake it would've been the greatest drive of his career. 30 laps with LH in his mirrors would mark it as one of Sebs finest too. Maybe even reignited his fire.

Why don't we just call it the "Mercedes invitational domation championship" by now?

Even the stewards, including a 5 time Le Mans winner who has done much worse in his days wants this championship to be over before it is halfway.

Shame on you Pirro, and goodbye F1. If you can't even put faith in people who actually were great racers in their day, you know it's over.

Vettel had nowhere to go, and Hamilton won because of it.

Are we going to see the same penalty handed to Hamilton when he smokes his tyres 3x in a row and causes a smoking hazard for the public cause of it? Cause you know, environmental climate change hazards and stuff...

I'm sure we are all had the same stance on penalty if the penalty targeted our favorite driver(our the rival of our least favorite), we are so consistent:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back