2019 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

whole left side of hubert's car was completely gone.. honestly haven't seen such an gut wrenching awful crash since bianchi... hopefully both hubert and correa are alive and ok as far as that is possible

It's a weird situation. It was a shocking accident, and not as surprising, but just as sad reading the official words. I find comfort in the fact that he was doing what he loved.

After 2011 I learned to always say "see you later" or "until next time" to people, as that's not final. It's a hope and optimism for the future, while goodbye is final.

Goodbye Anthoine Hubert.

Rest in peace Antoine.
Nothing more to say, Mario Andretti's quote on Ronnie's death and racing keeps repeating in my head.

Last edited:
I wish the people involved all the best. Such a tragic day once again. And yet there are still people, even here on this website, who want to see big crashes & LESS safety measures. I hope the FIA is going to look at race tracks to change them in a way that makes it nearly impossible for a car to slide back towards the track & other cars after going off. And if a track can't be overhauled to meet such standards, it should be kicked out of the calender, imho.

Very sad day and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

This will probably trigger a lot of discussions again about safety. But, this was really a freak accident and you cannot make this sport 100% safe, and drivers know that. Look also at Lewis’ reaction to this. Also look at other sports like cycling, where just recently a young and talented Belgian cyclist Bjorg Lambrecht died after a crash. In that sport there were much more deathly accidents than racing over the past years. Sadly these things happen in sports like this.

Racing will never be safe and I watched the crash live and its giving me cold sweats now, I do hope they retire number 19 like they did with number 17 for Jules Bianchi, I just feel they need to do something about it and I watched that crash and what haunts me about it the most was where the second car hit the BWT Arden, ahead of all the crash structure....

As for Spa itself Radillion is a lethal corner it took the life of Stefan Bellof (probably the only person that would have been greater than Senna!) but if the wind was blowing down hill at the time he had no chance, the wind is a key factor for the corner if its boing in the wrong direction that corner is a killer its just sobering thing about it now.....and even Lewis who saw the crash and cut short an interview and went off screen was horrified by it....its scary...

• Deleted member 205301

A nice guy, meet him 3 time since F4 ...
Salut Antoine

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back