2019 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Is it now fair to say Ferrari have the fastest car? Am sure some will disagree... Yeah @GP20

Congrats to Charles. Shame about Lando

Last edited:
Rapt for LeClerc.

Max still needs to show some patience,grand prix’s aren’t sprint races.

All those fans that showed up to watch him and he let them down.

Last edited:
Well done Charles, classy drive and lucky at the end. When will Verstappen learn not to use his car as a battering ram? :rolleyes:
If he was to only one to blame for the incident he would have gotten a gridpenalty for the next race.
Raikonnen was just as much to blame for this.
For sure there is a racing line, but the first corner at Spa everybody need to think about the cars around you too. Max his first big mistake since Monaco last year, over 20 races ago, he is still making progress.
If there was anybody who was aware he let down his fans it was Max, first thing he admitted that misjudged the corner, not blaming others. Raikonnen had the same reaction, was aware he did not leave any space for Max.
BTW..
Something we don't see of feel in our sims, the tarmac is heavily grooved at that part of the track, 2cm asfalt followed by a 1 cm deep groove to get rid of rainwater, so there is much less grip compared to other parts of the track. That's what makes that first corner even harder, especially if your not on the ideal line and your tires are cold. That's no excuse, but gives a bit more explenation why things go wrong there more easily.

On to the next race, it's just racing in circles with really expensive cars in the end.

Good to see Charles win this one.
He truly deserved it after all the bad luck earlier this season.
Lewis sure deserves the title 'English Bulldog'.
The guy really goes hunting when he sees an opportunity.
To get that Mercedes even remotely close to a Ferrari this week...with that massive speed deficit, was nothing short of spectacular.
That guy really can drive the wheels off a car when he has to.

To get that Mercedes even remotely close to a Ferrari this week...with that massive speed deficit, was nothing short of spectacular.

I don't see it that way. Martin Brundle said that the Ferraris had about a 7kph speed advantage down the straights, so not that massive a difference especially when you consider that the Mercedes was significantly faster through the corners and was much gentler on its tyres. With new tyres, Vettel was more than a second a lap faster than Hamilton but that quickly evaporated - same thing with Leclerc towards the end of the race. Hamilton caught and passed Vettel fairly easily and would have probably done the same to Leclerc if he'd had another lap or two. Leclerc's tyres were only one lap older than Hamilton's but much more worn out. It wasn't about better driving, just about better grip. The Ferrari wasn't nearly as dominant in race trim as it had been in qualifying.

Last edited:
I don't see it that way. Martin Brundle said that the Ferraris had about a 7kph speed advantage down the straights, so not that massive a difference especially when you consider that the Mercedes was significantly faster through the corners and was much gentler on its tyres. With new tyres, Vettel was more than a second a lap faster than Hamilton but that quickly evaporated - same thing with Leclerc towards the end of the race. Hamilton caught and passed Vettel fairly easily and would have probably done the same to Leclerc if he'd had another lap or two. Leclerc's tyres were only one lap older than Hamilton's but much more worn out. It wasn't about better driving, just about better grip. The Ferrari wasn't nearly as dominant in race trim as it had been in qualifying.
That's the downside of having less downforce. You tires take a heavier toll.

Gasly should be quite proud of himself. I have been very critical of Pierre, but I'm kind of hoping he finishes as the lead RB/TR car. I must be getting soft! :p
Gasly has just been demolished in the general indifference or again stupidity of blind journalists.

Starting in soft tires unlike Albon and Kviat (medium) he is asked to return to the pits while he has a very good pace on the 14th lap to switch to medium. He kept saying on the radio that he was "good on tires" and "happy with tires". Why this "box box box" in the 14th round to pass him mediums?

Albon and Kviat will do the opposite they stop them on the 24th and 25th round to pass them in soft with which they will make 20 turns. Gasly will end right behind.

If he had done 20 rounds with the softs he would have finished ahead. If he had changed to softs he would have finished even more ahead!

And if he had refused to stop they would probably have ended his contract!

mod edit English please as per our ToS

Sorry for non-french people, we are talking about Hubert' crash and responsabilties...GP20 said correa is a killer, I say no, he couldn't avoid and saw him
Mod Edit English as per our ToS

Last edited by a moderator:
First time seeing the accident footage.
Hubert had absolutely nowhere to go.
He did everything a good driver would...given the circumstances.
You could clearly see this accident unfolding as he crested Au Rouge.
He had 'cat-like' reflexes as the other driver began braking and moving back to the left.
he instinctively went to the outside but simply ran out wide and into the barrier.
This is so tragic given that he probably survived that initial contact.
At this point you pray that he was unconscious for that second impact.

Mercedes Indy car confirmed?:D

mercedes-amg-f1-w10-front-wing-1 (3).jpg

* New frontwing to test at Monza

Still waiting for that thread... Well, not that bad! Just wanna say it's gonna be awesome! 50/50 chance for a wet race! HaHa! GERMANY ALL OVER AGAIN! Rooting for a midfield win PLEASE! Renault, McLaren or Racing Point will do! Also, not hoping for it, but I will laugh really hard if Gasly can pull off a 2008 Vettel, at the exact same track. Ha Ha!

Leclerc got pole only cause Vettel couldn't start his lap. RIDICOLOUS.
Vettel is an hero. Taking so much bullshit, still taking the blow like a god and standing up again.
Leclerc "The Chosen One" is like Anakin Skywalker. He will have a blazing first part of career and then turn to black in the end of his career. MARK MY DAMN WORDS.

They were all so obsessed with the ' tow ' that they forgot to look at the clock :roflmao:

In all seriousness though , I dont think this farcical episode will sit well with the FIA , especially when F3 qualy went through the same farce of people jockeying for position . Between the 2 Formulas its kinda brought mockery on the sport . The only two that got away with it are Sainz who timed his run correctly ( only just , but he made it ) and Raikkonen who wasnt able to go on a 2nd run after crashing . The other 8 looked and behaved like idiots , and that includes their whole teams .

Last edited:
aah know i'm a-little-late... can I still vote for stroll ?! yep ... just did....
It,s fall here in québec.... things can also get hazy indoors... now where did I put that lamp? ... kool ! NOw the rabbits foot.... (yaaaawn.. sorry 'bout that !).... Am l alone who's got the munch... euuu got the same thoughts as me regading F1 alltogether ?

to all my fellow Canadians out there: bonne fête de la légalisation ! :sleep: :rolleyes: ;)

Ps: found other uses for Lamp... cheers!

PPS: oh yeah... spa.... great race !! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%