2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

Quote BBC:
"Hamilton pre-empted the official announcement of his grid drop by several minutes by writing "3 place penalty..." on an Instagram post.
In a separate post, he conceded that he "totally deserved the penalty today and have no problem accepting it".

The penalty is consistent with Saintz in Canada.
I think leclerk would walk this race to P1 in any case, but the other podium positions could be tightly contested by anyone in the top 5.

Watched the quali with an hour delay. Future champs on P1 & P2.
Gasly (again): ouch...
Vettel has some battles to overwin and keep his head cool due to a damaged floor in quali.

Already looking forward to this race. Great to see the enormous amount of Orange Army again. Will they have something to celebrate afterwards??

Nope, Russell also got a 3 Place grid penalty.

And so did Vettel last year at the Red Bull Ring btw.
No idea where the idea of the 5 Place penalty comes from.

5 place grid penalties are normally issued for a gearbox change. I think the penalty for blocking a driver in qualifying always is a 3 place grid penalty?

Same issues, only recent ones:
Sainz vs Albon - Canada 2019 - 3 place grid penalty
Giovinazzi vs Hulkenberg - Monaco 2019 - 3 place grid penalty
Gasly vs Grojean - same event - 3 place grid penalty
Vettel vs Sainz - Austria 2018 - 3 place grid penalty

That has been the standard for years.

Watched the quali with an hour delay. Future champs on P1 & P2.
Gasly (again): ouch...
Vettel has some battles to overwin and keep his head cool due to a damaged floor in quali.

Already looking forward to this race. Great to see the enormous amount of Orange Army again. Will they have something to celebrate afterwards??
No floor damage, some sort of pneumatic line for the PU had an issue, whether that was as a result of hitting a kerb or not we do not know, put seems like it wasn't Seb this time

LMAO 9 Votes for Kubica :laugh:, funny trolling folks! The real question is how much longer will Cyril's nose be after this race, my guess is long enough to touch Eau Rouge from Red Bull Ring.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back