2019 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix

(Don't forget other celebrated legends like Lauda, Mansell, Raikonnen, Clark, Graham Hill)
I didn't forget those; there are even more (Fangio), the list is endless, but I had to pick a few and took the more modern names for the youngsters among us who don't know the historic drivers.

I didn't forget those; there are even more (Fangio), the list is endless, but I had to pick a few and took the more modern names for the youngsters among us who don't know the historic drivers.

I know :thumbsup:, was just trying to hammer the point home with more champions who can't ever put a foot wrong in the eyes of some...the list is endless, but I picked those specifically because I have yet to see anyone dispute their greatness.

The Dutch TT (MotoGP) will be getting my full attention.......:whistling:

...and my grandmother will be giving HGTV her full attention...I hear HouseHunters International might be on during that time.

...and both of those things have NOTHING to do with an F1 Austrian GP thread. It's really getting old; start a Dutch TT thread and have fun over there, will ya? :whistling:

Marquez is winning the MotoGP race after race, year after year. I don't hear anyone complaining about his dominancy which is not less than Hamilton.
Both guys are simply the best in their era; just recognize and enjoy it.

I keep reading this comparison, when the races and circunstances couldn't be more different.

Marquez isn't getting pole almost every race, and running away from the field. He is riding a a very hard and vicious Honda that today almost landed Lorenzo on a wheelchair, and put Cal on the floor in almost every race this year. Marquez had to fight people up to the last corner of the last lap more often than not, and he himself crashed alone even this year. He accepted having a world champion as a team mate this year, and never even blinked. This is very different from the sleep inducing dominance of Mercedes 6 years running (exception maybe for first half of last year), and the consecutive 1-2 finishes without any threat they are achieving lately.

That's what happen when you care only about stats and don't actually watch the races.

...and my grandmother will be giving HGTV her full attention...I hear HouseHunters International might be on during that time.

...and both of those things have NOTHING to do with an F1 Austrian GP thread. It's really getting old; start a Dutch TT thread and have fun over there, will ya? :whistling:

DILLIGAF.
And for some reason I noticed that this 'discussion' supposedly re the Austrian EffWun GP has turned into another Hamilton lovefest!

McLarens and Red Bulls seem fairly strong after the first day, hopefully one of them can pull off a podium finish on Sunday (provided someone on the top two teams have an off day). Man, Bottas hit that wall pretty hard, hope that doesn't mess with his psyche in Qualifying, he needs to get on that front row or Hamilton will definitely run away with it again...though Leclerc is looking strong this weekend; maybe this might be the week he gets his first GP Win?

DILLIGAF.
And for some reason I noticed that this 'discussion' supposedly re the Austrian EffWun GP has turned into another Hamilton lovefest!

Whatever you say buddy :thumbsup:...I'm moving on, since one of us should be the bigger man and clearly the one that's twice my age can't be bothered enough to "GAF". :rolleyes:

When a driver (not the team) gets a $5K penalty because the fuel in Giovinazzi's car is 3 degrees celcius too warm. Does that mean the much debated rules are a bit too much/harsh and overruled?
The rule in this case is 10 degrees difference allowed vs ambient outside temperature, and now it was 13 degrees.
Above was just at the beginning of FP3 said and explained by Dutch Ziggo TV reporter Olav Mol on side.

manmanman let them race ;)

yeah yeah of course safety first, warm fuel could be/is dangerous but do they need a rule for that? Apperently....

Whatever you say buddy :thumbsup:...I'm moving on, since one of us should be the bigger man and clearly the one that's twice my age can't be bothered enough to "GAF". :rolleyes:

A+ ......
Still baffling to hear people say not interested in F1 but interested in a F1 thread .

You know the saying ...common sense ain't common .

Great to see the McLaren's running well up the order, top 6 in quali is possible. Verstappen in the mix too and a decent chance of some incidents and missing wings it could be an exciting quali.

Oh and in other news the Women's World Cup and NZ vs Aus in the cricket are also on at the same time...this means for the first time I'll be using triple screens and should have something new to grumble about as a result given what I read on here.

When a driver (not the team) gets a $5K penalty because the fuel in Giovinazzi's car is 3 degrees celcius too warm. Does that mean the much debated rules are a bit too much/harsh and overruled?
The rule in this case is 10 degrees difference allowed vs ambient outside temperature, and now it was 13 degrees.
Above was just at the beginning of FP3 said and explained by Dutch Ziggo TV reporter Olav Mol on side.

manmanman let them race ;)

yeah yeah of course safety first, warm fuel could be/is dangerous but do they need a rule for that? Apperently....
it used to be they chilled the fuel to squeeze a tiny bit more into the tank.

A+ ......
Still baffling to hear people say not interested in watching F1 but interested in reading/commenting a F1 thread .

You know the saying ...common sense ain't common .
Agree, just adding 2 words that are missing for me personally to be true at the moment.:( Basically, watching highlights video and checking time sheets from FIA site takes me around 15 minutes or 20 if I want to check for some details. Instead of looking at the screen for 80-120 minutes and missing everything since race director is always showing wrong stuff. :roflmao:
But, I have to say with watching less, F1 seems more interesting. Maybe that is also the reason F1 from 30 years ago is seen as better than today, less coverage and live details...

Now, looking forward to turning tv on for last 2 minutes of Q3 and seeing Noris and Verstappen fighting for pole because:
1) Mercs broke their wings on curbs
2) Ferraris messed up their laps :roflmao:

Seb got penalized last year for ruining a lap in Q. I wonder if Hamilton will get a penalty for what he did to Räikkö.... bhahahaha.... sorry, i couldnt keep it straight.

Agree, just adding 2 words that are missing for me personally to be true at the moment.:( Basically, watching highlights video and checking time sheets from FIA site takes me around 15 minutes or 20 if I want to check for some details. Instead of looking at the screen for 80-120 minutes and missing everything since race director is always showing wrong stuff. :roflmao:
But, I have to say with watching less, F1 seems more interesting. Maybe that is also the reason F1 from 30 years ago is seen as better than today, less coverage and live details...

Now, looking forward to turning tv on for last 2 minutes of Q3 and seeing Noris and Verstappen fighting for pole because:
1) Mercs broke their wings on curbs
2) Ferraris messed up their laps :roflmao:
Well I could be Mad, but I pay fro the F1 TV access ($2.99) and watch races in 3 screens, 1 Pitlane, Main broadcast and Data, personally is the only way to watch without missing 50% of the GP itself.

We have to remember, F1 is more about data crunching and engineer than cars passing one another (I know, This is my excuse for F1 state).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back