2018 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix

Max won the race. Lewis sealed the deal. Congratulations accepted .... Driver of the day thread will be most intresting. Will there be a driver of the year poll?

Congrats to Lewis for a job that was absolutely well done!!! Strangest race that I've seen in a while though. I do not care for this track at all.

Martin Brundle speaking about Verstappen - "That's the sort of maturity we've come to expect from a very young man". Really? When the guy isn't crashing his car into other cars he's cursing and complaining on his radio like a petulant child.

Maxico.png

Max
strikes back If you do not convince...? From the yesterday critism.
In dutch..... zo doen we dat;)

(I'm curious if anyone on the topic comes up yesterday that had so much criticism of Max would be weird if it were not)

Lewis rightfully world champion!
Ric sad for him

Last edited:
What a drama for Ricardo. I read someone saying both RB cars were equal:rolleyes:
That's what we thought last year as well when all engine troubles were coming to Max..

The real problem is just Renault. Also Sainz seemed to have a problem with the engine.

It was a good race, especially in the midfield. The differences between top3 cars and the others was just too big.. not fun at all, and it was like watching a Multiclass race like Le Man's.

Too bad for RIC.. I wonder how he'll feel next year if Renault doesn't improve. I even worry about Ricciardo beating Hülkenberg..

but same can be said about RBR with Honda... Haven't seen the slightest chance for STR, while they actually should be in front of McLaren..

Congrats to Lewis for a job that was absolutely well done!!! Strangest race that I've seen in a while though. I do not care for this track at all.

Martin Brundle speaking about Verstappen - "That's the sort of maturity we've come to expect from a very young man". Really? When the guy isn't crashing his car into other cars he's cursing and complaining on his radio like a petulant child.

Nerdrage detected!

Good race today; too bad the writing was on the wall as far as the championship outcome 3+ races ago.

Max really seems to be coming into his own. I'll admit I had my doubts about him earlier this year, but I'm back to feeling quite sure if he can get the car, he'll win a championship. I think that would be good for the sport, as he is quite polarizing (as you can see right here on RD - every time his name come up, the thread gets testy!)

I was just saying that some people claim that Verstappen and Ricciardo have the same car, yet Ricciardo has more DNF's due purely to car failure than anyone else on the field, Red Bull or not.

Ricciardo has proven he's a very capable driver, and Formula 1 cars have downshift protection so it's not that he's blowing up the engine on downshifts...it just seems like his car is dying at an unacceptably high rate compared to Max's and it doesn't seem, in my amateur opinion, to be his fault. So if one doesn't believe in luck, one wonders if there's something else at play.

Other than Ricciardo's DNF in Baku and Spa due to collision damage:

Bahrain GP - Electrical
Austrian GP - Exhaust
German GP - Power Loss
Italian GP - Clutch
USA GP - Battery
Mexican GP - Engine

Compared to Max's Non collision DNF's...

Bahrain GP - Transmission
Hungarian GP - Power loss

...That's 3 times more mechanical failures than Max. So far.

I was just saying that some people claim that Verstappen and Ricciardo have the same car, yet Ricciardo has more DNF's due purely to car failure than anyone else on the field, Red Bull or not.

Ricciardo has proven he's a very capable driver, and Formula 1 cars have downshift protection so it's not that he's blowing up the engine on downshifts...it just seems like his car is dying at an unacceptably high rate compared to Max's and it doesn't seem, in my amateur opinion, to be his fault. So if one doesn't believe in luck, one wonders if there's something else at play.

Bahrain GP - Electrical
Austrian GP - Exhaust
German GP - Power Loss
Italian GP - Clutch
USA GP - Battery
Mexican GP - Engine

Coincidence.
If you can't bring proof you are just making assumptions.

Bahrain GP - Electrical
Austrian GP - Exhaust
German GP - Power Loss
Italian GP - Clutch
USA GP - Battery
Mexican GP - Engine

Yep, and what was the case in 2017? When everyone said Verstappen must have overdriven his car, because Ricciardo finished nearly all the time?

Interesting interview with Ricciardo where he blames the car and is ‘done’ with it. I feel bad for him and we will never know if Red Bull is giving him an inferiour car, which I do not believe btw, because scoring a double podium, maybe even a 1-2, is not something Red Bull would ‘sabotage’. Ricciardo cannot blame the engine anymore because of his move to Renault, so I understand his political answer. I really hope that Renault gives him and The Hulk a great car next year, because more cars that can go for podiums and maybe even race wins, is good for us F1 fans!

Well I do not see anyone from yesterday here on the forum who had so much criticism. I notice that ...
and says a lot

you win on Sunday
Once again those words was about qualifying and are not my words. You seem to have some kind of Max dysleksi and seem not to understand what is constructive criticism and what is not.
In USA and Mexico Max finally raced like mature F1 racer and lets hope he keep racing like that in the future also.

Another 'drivers passing by' parade. When are they going to start racing? (long live MotoGP)
LM and FIA seriously need to make some fundamental changes or I'll lose interest in the sport.

Once again those words was about qualifying and are not my words. You seem to have some kind of Max dysleksi and seem not to understand what is constructive criticism and what is not.
In USA and Mexico Max finally raced like mature F1 racer and lets hope he keep racing like that in the future also.

I dont understand the critism again and again here on Racedeparment every week every race...Max talks on sunday on the track show his tallent and everybody is silence againIts about reality and no nonses.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back