2018 Formula One Mexican Grand Prix

Great drive from Daniel, performing at exactly the right moment. Let’s hope his car won’t break down again tomorrow and we see a fair fight between Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari. And may the best driver win!

Can you please do anything about this dear site admins?

My experience is that as long someone keeps t within the site rules they pretty much can go flat out mental. The mods will see it as “strong verbal expression”. It’s seems that none of the site representatives gives a **** about the toxicity imho. Only solution to this problem seems to be the option to block people. And since the trolls are pretty much always the same it’s fairly easily. And to have a less toxic thread is a delight.

My experience is that as long someone keeps t within the site rules they pretty much can go flat out mental. The mods will see it as “strong verbal expression”. It’s seems that none of the site representatives gives a **** about the toxicity imho. Only solution to this problem seems to be the option to block people. And since the trolls are pretty much always the same it’s fairly easily. And to have a less toxic thread is a delight.
At first i could deal with it, but seeing the same people arguing about the most stupid things every singe time in every single race thread is just getting annoying. Always loved the f1 fanbase, just look at football, supporters can't get near eachother without busting eachothers heads in. Look at the stadium today and you have all types of supporters sitting next to eachother in harmony enjoying what haplens on track. Meanwhile online we've these blithering idiots shouting at eachother from the safety of their sreens, and to them i honestly want to say: f*ck off!!!

On-topic: at first i was truly pissed off that daniel took pole by the smallest margin. Now i'm just really looking forward to a great race, as these 2 have proven (malaysia 2016, baku before it went wrong) that they dare and are able to race wheel to wheel. With hamilton conserving third to just pick up the world title and hopefully the ferraris putting out everything they can to push forward

Indeed we do know Max."Same to say the Dutchman is very downbeat and clearly feels the car was to blame for his failure to secure pole." :D

It's becoming a bit of a trend that Max blames the engine whenever things don't go according to plan. He could be right of course and maybe there was a real engine problem, but I never hear any other driver on the grid complain as much about engine response. It's almost unheard of to have Hamilton or Raikkonen put a quali loss down to engine.

GAS starting at back of grid is allowed to knock out another drive from Q2, where they may have improved their grid

Ridiculous rule imo

If you starting from back, sure let them do laps in Q1 .........but don't record times

Last edited:
It’s seems that none of the site representatives gives a **** about the toxicity imho.
I resent that, out of the hundreds of posts on RD daily there are very few that are genuinely toxic and they get removed. I've encountered this opinion before, if you happen to be involved in a thread where it occurs then it may seem so but I can assure you we care.

but seeing the same people arguing about the most stupid things every singe time in every single race thread is just getting annoying.

No argument from me there, but striking a balance between allowing discussion and just banning all and sundry is the aim.
Unfortunately nowadays keyboard warriors invade most communities and I suspect that won't change anytime soon.

Yet another "verstappen gossip!" thread on F1 day... Come on this is supposed to be a racing discussion forum.

Performance of the day (other than the top 3)
- Keep going like this, and Leclerk looks like he could really shake up Vettelle in 2019. Just needs to sort out those wet track days. Another interesting pairing for next year will be gasly and the proverbial. That should be close too.
The high altitude has an interesting effect on the hp deficit between teams:
"At 2,200m, 980bhp becomes 764bhp; and 910bhp becomes 710. So Renault's actual power deficit, using these numbers only as a guide, would reduce from 70bhp to 54bhp."
Also, because the air is so thin the teams are running maximum downforce here, yet the actual kN of downforce will be less than they used at Monza; this is why RB have been so quick.

The start tomorrow is going to be chaos. Hamilton will sensibly stay out of it to secure the championship. Only needs a few points so why risk missing out on a history 5th title.

Last edited:
I resent that, out of the hundreds of posts on RD daily there are very few that are genuinely toxic and they get removed. I've encountered this opinion before, if you happen to be involved in a thread where it occurs then it may seem so but I can assure you we care.

No argument from me there, but striking a balance between allowing discussion and just banning all and sundry is the aim.
Unfortunately nowadays keyboard warriors invade most communities and I suspect that won't change anytime soon.

Just throwing an idea - adding some kind of rating emoji (troll, toxic, whatever) and users who gets some amount of unique toxic votes will get "2 points on their license" ;)

Im usually reading the F1 discussions but too often there are full pages going down to 8yrs old levels. Bcz of few individuals.
Takes out any desire to participate

Just throwing an idea - adding some kind of rating emoji (troll, toxic, whatever) and users who gets some amount of unique toxic votes will get "2 points on their license"
In theory it sounds good, but in practice it would be abused, just like the current rating and reporting systems.
I am sometimes tempted to direct members to some other sites, where they can see what levels toxicity and childish behaviour can rise to. I think that on the whole, with some exceptions, this is a pretty civilized site and no matter what some may think the staff work hard to try and keep it that way.

We all know whats gonna happen today, bitter Vettel will do exactly what he did at last years Mexico GP, stay behind Hamilton on the run to turn 1 then purposely try to take him out.

In theory it sounds good, but in practice it would be abused, just like the current rating and reporting systems.
I am sometimes tempted to direct members to some other sites, where they can see what levels toxicity and childish behaviour can rise to. I think that on the whole, with some exceptions, this is a pretty civilized site and no matter what some may think the staff work hard to try and keep it that way.

Yeah I have to concur with Kenny on this one..... that hurt to write ;)

Anyway Verstappen's fans and haters have a good excuse: their hero/foe is never short of words to start a controversy. Yesterday was another sad example of brilliant driving overshadowed by bad words.

Did you watch the drivers press conference? I suggest you do, Verstappen came across well and very mature. That's not something we can often say, let's not forget he is only 21.

I like Max, he tries his hardest. With a bit more experience and maturity he will be a better driver than he is now, imagine him in a Ferrari on a Mercedes? But then again maybe the aero on the Red Bull helps, as soon as Hamiton gets close to another car his pace drops.

It's becoming a bit of a trend that Max blames the engine whenever things don't go according to plan. He could be right of course and maybe there was a real engine problem, but I never hear any other driver on the grid complain as much about engine response. It's almost unheard of to have Hamilton or Raikkonen put a quali loss down to engine.

Alonso last season? GP2 GP2! - thing is that has made Mclaren look silly, new engine and no improvement. The car is poor!

Did you watch the drivers press conference? I suggest you do, Verstappen came across well and very mature. That's not something we can often say, let's not forget he is only 21.

I like Max, he tries his hardest. With a bit more experience and maturity he will be a better driver than he is now, imagine him in a Ferrari on a Mercedes? But then again maybe the aero on the Red Bull helps, as soon as Hamiton gets close to another car his pace drops.
At the press conference they all rehash the same dumb-downed PR elements of language. By the way at yesterday's press conference all drivers defended Seb Vettel against the press criticism, all but one who said he does only mind his own business: Max Verstappen. That is the kind of negative talk that makes him rather unsympathetic to many viewers.

He's in his fourth F1 season and he drives a GP winning car. I think he's far beyond the point to be excused when he behaves badly, on track or out of track.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

I wouldn't expect anything else from a 21y old that had media training for 3 years + ...
Since when is this something to applaud to?

Look at LeClerc, same age, less years in Formula 1 and a lot more mature ... not to mention the many drivers that came before, like Vettel, Alguersuari. all more mature than Verstappen while being younger or same age.

Many humans are very mature at the age of 21 aswell.

Stop praising Verstappen like crazy for things that are nothing unusual.

I wouldn't expect anything else from a 21y old that had media training for 3 years + ...
Since when is this something to applaud to?

Look at LeClerc, same age, less years in Formula 1 and a lot more mature ... not to mention the many drivers that came before, like Vettel, Alguersuari. all more mature than Verstappen while being younger or same age.

Many humans are very mature at the age of 21 aswell.

Stop praising Verstappen like crazy for things that are nothing unusual.

Why.. ? should Max laugh att the press conference?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Forum trophies