2018 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

I Hate to point to karma here( yes this is a biased statement) but Ferrari just got some serious karma for their (in my honest opinion) disgusting tactics of using Raikonnen as a brick wall clear 2nd driver in how he managed to get on the podium and Vettel ended up 8th. I’m fine with team orders to a certain extent but blatantly ruining one of your drivers’ race just to oppertunistically save your strategy blunder is wrong, wrong, wrong. I actually acknowledge that Raikonnen is not a good a driver as Vettel despite my dislike of Vettel but it doesn’t mean that Raikonnen doesn’t deserve to drive.
In another note, I was in 2 minds at the end, I kinda wanted Raikonnen to pass Bottas to make a point but didn’t want to undermine Botta’s great drive

They were ridicolous...They had so much time to pit both drivers and did nothing. Vettel pitted one lap after Bottas, but that was waaaay too late.
Ferrari would never make a mistake like that so blatantly , they would have planned to account for the undercut all day long. What I think they planned to do was hold Vettel out long in the case of a Mercedes undercut threat, so even if he ended up behind he would still be able to overtaken in an already faster car with newer tyres. I think that Ferrari didn’t realise the pace differential between worn and new tyres( due to the little impact of the undercut in the opening races I presume).
Although saying all this, it was an even bigger blunder by Mercedes not putting Hamilton under the safety car, that was even more of a no-brainer than the Ferrari troubles.

I actually acknowledge that Raikonnen is not a good a driver as Vettel despite my dislike of Vettel but it doesn’t mean that Raikonnen doesn’t deserve to drive.
They don't have the same car, this video is disgusting, check at 1"06.
Raikonen comes faster out of the corner but...

Push the throttle & the car will do the rest.

Last edited:
It's funny!!! Ricciardo just proves once again he is the best driver of the grid and everyones trying to blame the other drivers for this result!!
Loved the faces of Bottas and Kimi in the post race press conference...whos gonna be sacked first???? Lolllll

They don't have the same car, this video is disgusting.

Push the throttle, the car will do the rest.
At first I kind of thought those claims were a tad ‘conspiracist’ but after watching Vettel’s line vs Raikonnen through the last sector leading on to the large straight I cannot understand just through setup and approach alone how Raikkonen lost so much time.

Check at 1"06. It's unbelievable. Raikonen comes out of the corner faster, then in the straight line, Vettel pushes the throttle and by by Raikonen.
They should never have post this.

• Deleted member 113561

Just unbelievable, VERSTAPPEN again causing collisions ...
When does he finally get a race ban?

Well, Vettel took a wider line, that's it.
No there is no wider line.
There is a simple principle, if you are faster out of the corner, you are faster in the straight line.
It's clear that Vettel has a car which is much faster than Raikonen's one.

Check at 1"06. It's unbelievable. Raikonen comes out of the corner faster, then in the straight line, Vettel pushes the throttle and by by Raikonen.
They should never have post this.
Have a closer look. It seems as explained by some "analists/experts" that Kimi pushed the DRS button 0,05 sec later then the white line.

It's funny!!! Ricciardo just proves once again he is the best driver of the grid and everyones trying to blame the other drivers for this result!!
Loved the faces of Bottas and Kimi in the post race press conference...whos gonna be sacked first???? Lolllll

Haha he has luck that Max was off the track... and Yess it was his own fault. But Ricardo is not the best driver thats a joke

Haha he has luck that Max was off the track... and Yess it was his own fault. But Ricardo is not the best driver thats a joke

How is that a joke? On his debut in F1 he smashed Vettel and snatched 3rd place in the championship. Everytime Redbull gives him a competitive car that doesn't die he gets a podium or valuable points!! Even though he has a team mate like Verstappen who only looses points in a childish way and gets promoted more often!! Wait until Bottas or Kimi get sacked and you will say hello to a new usual champion!

Okay so:
-RIC is more mature and a better driver tan VER right now, no doubt about it
-GP20, have you ever heard of setups, DRS or even going up one gear too fast....

How is that a joke? On his debut in F1 he smashed Vettel and snatched 3rd place in the championship. Everytime Redbull gives him a competitive car that doesn't die he gets a podium or valuable points!! Even though he has a team mate like Verstappen who only looses points in a childish way and gets promoted more often!! Wait until Bottas or Kimi get sacked and you will say hello to a new usual champion!

Haha...who only looses points in a childish way. Serious? You are blind or something

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back