2018 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Starting to worry about the possibility of satellite teams intentionally causing safety car to come out to benefit the main teams. Australia - Haas caused a safety that benefited Ferrari; China - Toro Rosso caused a safety car that benefited Redbull. Hum.... Redbull was so quick pitting both cars one might think they already knew what to do. Hum...

Something needs to change quick for MV, or he'll end up back at Torro Roso if he's not careful (ala daniel kivyat); Gasly is certainly not better though.
Decent race.

feels like the 10 secs for verstappen are a bit lame, i was surprised he didn't get a drive through, it was so clearly his fault, how could one not quickly agree on that and give him the drive through while the race still was on? and how can one still routinely make such dumb mistakes after more than two years on the job? imagine someone working construction doing that, we'd all of us not live in a safe house ...

I don't get the argument of mv that he braked too late so he had no choice, he could have swerved left instead of right, into vettel

Another race, another Verstappen debate, and most certainly not the last one.

Btw, when did Vettel stop? A lap after Bottas or two? Never able to find those fancy statistics and tables floating around with all the race info, cause I feel like Ferrari´s strategy calls have gone from bad to not only worse, but to absolutely horrendous.

Another race, another Verstappen debate, and most certainly not the last one.

Btw, when did Vettel stop? A lap after Bottas or two? Never able to find those fancy statistics and tables floating around with all the race info, cause I feel like Ferrari´s strategy calls have gone from bad to not only worse, but to absolutely horrendous.
They were ridicolous...They had so much time to pit both drivers and did nothing. Vettel pitted one lap after Bottas, but that was waaaay too late.

Starting to worry about the possibility of satellite teams intentionally causing safety car to come out to benefit the main teams. Australia - Haas caused a safety that benefited Ferrari; China - Toro Rosso caused a safety car that benefited Redbull. Hum.... Redbull was so quick pitting both cars one might think they already knew what to do. Hum...
You read to much conspiracy theories.

Wow 2018 is shaping up to be interesting.
3 races in with no Mercedes wins, ouch....

Amazing bounce back for Red Bull this weekend, as a whole team and after the troubles of last race.
Great work to get Ricardos car ready for Quali, then double flawless pitstops during the race, excellent strategy. RB was on form today.

It would of been interesting to see Seb chase down Bottas but can't believe Mercedes didn't bring Lewis in behind Max with the Yellow flag, he wasn't really in a high position.

Halo is forgotten, good racing appears to be back...

Last edited:
F1 hAS nO OVerTAkEs. It IS noT eXCitiNg. REmoVe AerO.

80 overtakes and action packed from start to finish, not to mention the fastest 4 wheel vehicles ever produced. No need for any changes.
Changes do need to be made.
The overtakes were due to massive diffentials between worn harder tires and new soft tires( as evident in the first 20 laps of the race where it was a snoozefest with very very little overtaking).Without the safety car the race may not been as great. The race was still great nonetheless, hope we can expect these kind of races more often in 2018.
Just a weird statistic to note, ever since 2008, championships on even numbered seasons have always gone to the final race( and generally have been more exciting) whereas odd numbered seasons have been decided before the final race and have generally been less exciting. So good luck 2018?

The accident with Gasly was executed from too far back and was also rather his fault than any action done by Hartley who knows better how to judge faster or slower traffic as he has experience in WEC.
And you are wrong.

Gasly explained that they planed to swap their positions at this corner precisely.
Now explain me why Hartley has behaved like that.

feels like the 10 secs for verstappen are a bit lame, i was surprised he didn't get a drive through, it was so clearly his fault, how could one not quickly agree on that and give him the drive through while the race still was on? and how can one still routinely make such dumb mistakes after more than two years on the job? imagine someone working construction doing that, we'd all of us not live in a safe house ...
I think a stop-go of 5 second season would have been the most suitable penalty, it was a stupid move to say the least( coming from someone that believes Vettel should have had a black flag for the Azerbaijan incident last year).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%