2018 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

The problem is...of F1 today that Max have no good car by Redbull it is between Vettel and Hamilton again. Bottas is always the second driver by Mercedes and Raikonnen has a very very different car in comparison to Vettel. But the same is for Ocon and Leclerc

If the cars would be more together.. there is not only Hamilton and Vettel.

I didn't say Hamilton got pole because of the wings, he had better timing and a better lap. Merc just risked a little more on the wings that's all.

But to imply that Vettel is remotely bad in the rain is ridiculous. I guess people like to forget Brazil 2012.
Was that tbe last time he drove well in the rain, 6 years ago. Yes if a football team was rubbish for 6 years they would be considered rubbish.

Was that tbe last time he drove well in the rain, 6 years ago. Yes if a football team was rubbish for 6 years they would be considered rubbish.

If you think Brazil 2012 is uncharacteristic of Vettel's talent and Germany 2018 is, you are a special piece of work. Same if you think that a 4-time world champion is "rubbish".

Raikonnen has a very very different car in comparison to Vettel.

What? Can you post any proof of this? I've never come across this.

I think you'll find its fact that any team mate in the same team can have a different package at any given time..... throughout history.
Team mates are given different aero, different engine modes to play with, better engines etc etc etc....

Add to that a better side of the garage i.e. staff working on cars and strategy and set ups etc.
Not news at all....
Watching Botts breeze past people today was pretty much putting any achievements in a Merc into perspective though, like having AI on 60%, credit to Ferrari for closing the gap otherwise we'd have another season of Lewis being in the best car to the point of a different class... now it is both Ferrari and Merc in a different class...
Aside from the first corner a monumentally dull race today....

Lewis moans about Ferrari having better 'tricks' on their car to enable them to beat him today..... hmmmm well it has been Mercs 'tricks' which allowed Lewis to breeze to 3 WDC with them, deal with it....
The whole game is about the car with the better 'tricks'....... the Ferrari won today because of the engineers doing a better job than Merc...same as why Nico and Lewis won those WDC, the Merc engineers did a better job....
It's the fans that convince the drivers that they are the reason they can either be wining or an also ran..... or an alonso ran.... bet he wishes he did run...he'd be faster....

If you think Brazil 2012 is uncharacteristic of Vettel's talent and Germany 2018 is, you are a special piece of work. Same if you think that a 4-time world champion is "rubbish".

What? Can you post any proof of this? I've never come across this.

No there is no hard evidence for that. But I think new things on the car come to Vettel. And most of the time it is raikonen with technical problems.

It really surprises me how many beautiful pegeons there are in the world, serioualy there not all grey ones some have afros some are multi coloured so unusual ... Ooops wrong forum

I think you'll find its fact that any team mate in the same team can have a different package at any given time..... throughout history.
Team mates are given different aero, different engine modes to play with, better engines etc etc etc....

Add to that a better side of the garage i.e. staff working on cars and strategy and set ups etc.
Not news at all....
Watching Botts breeze past people today was pretty much putting any achievements in a Merc into perspective though, like having AI on 60%, credit to Ferrari for closing the gap otherwise we'd have another season of Lewis being in the best car to the point of a different class... now it is both Ferrari and Merc in a different class...
Aside from the first corner a monumentally dull race today....

This was true for the past, not for now.

FIA changes a lot of rules after Austria 2002 episode. The equipment must be the same for the two drivers. Setups and race stratagies can be different, but we never see things like car A have a 834 hp engine and car B a 805 hp engine. This we saw a lot on the past, and when a B teammated had a chance to driver the A car, we saw some stranges things, like the first win of Barrichello 2000 Germany Grand Prix.

So, why Raikkonen and Bottas are slower than respective teammates? Because they are now less competent drivers. Specially Raikkonen, a very good driver on a NA engine F1 car with grooved tyres, but didnt made good races with turbo engines.

Rosberg challenged Hamilton so many times, actually, Rosberg had Schumacher as a teammate and proved how good he was as a F1 pilot.

We now are watching why Rosberg was a exceptional driver, and why Hamilton is the best one of the current grid (and I include Alonso on this grid too).

Both Rosberg and Hamilton adapted very well to different cars, and on the same team each of them push the best from the other.

This was true for the past, not for now.

FIA changes a lot of rules after Austria 2002 episode. The equipment must be the same for the two drivers. Setups and race stratagies can be different, but we never see things like car A have a 834 hp engine and car B a 805 hp engine. This we saw a lot on the past, and when a B teammated had a chance to driver the A car, we saw some stranges things, like the first win of Barrichello 2000 Germany Grand Prix.

So, why Raikkonen and Bottas are slower than respective teammates? Because they are now less competent drivers. Specially Raikkonen, a very good driver on a NA engine F1 car with grooved tyres, but didnt made good races with turbo engines.

Rosberg challenged Hamilton so many times, actually, Rosberg had Schumacher as a teammate and proved how good he was as a F1 pilot.

We now are watching why Rosberg was a exceptional driver, and why Hamilton is the best one of the current grid (and I include Alonso on this grid too).

Both Rosberg and Hamilton adapted very well to different cars, and on the same team each of them push the best from the other.

lol...... but put Lewis in the current McLaren and he'd be unable to win a race let alone a WDC..... unless you really believe he could??!!

As a German and former fan of MS I have great respect for Hamilton's driving skills, I really believe he is brilliant and he got the "Schumacher second" for sure. Just fantastic driving I have seen from him.

On many occasions he has proven to be a bad looser and that makes him less likable to me.

To say that Vettel had some tricks in his car without knowing or without prove disqualifies Vettels efforts and turns right around against Hamilton. Shall we believe he is really faster than the others or does he have some tricks in his car? Because there were as many occasions in the past where he was that one second faster than Rosberg or Bottas but loosing to Rosberg is because of Rosbergs tricks again?

Rubbish.

F1 is all about the tricks of the cars..... look at the ground breaking (no pun intended) ground effects in the 80's. Literally sucked the cars to the track.
And then the Williams with the adaptive suspension.
I get why drivers get followed by fans...but really in truth it's the engineers and builders of the cars that should gain the most plaudits.
Now its not even dangerous to race these cars so takes the only real bit true heroics out of it...

I am not saying safety isn't good, just that in the past drivers could die every race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.