2018 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Big news is the post-qualifying discussion between Vettel and Ocon. Ocon said that his seat at Force India was taken by Stroll. What's not clear is when...

We all knew that was coming, but still... I'm not a Stroll-hater, unlike many, but I still feel this is grossly unfair. I hope Ocon will get a drive elsewhere next season.

I think they should change rule so car starting at back of grid can't take part in Q1 -2
They should miss out just like the other drivers that don't make it to Q2
None of them get the extra laps practice and testing, why should anyone else ?

I don't think LH will win tomorrow. It'll be an interesting race though. Those force indias are going to have some fun. Early pressure from Kimi and the Bulls then halfway through Bottas should come into play. That is of course providing there is no t1 pile up.

Quite interesting that, even taking into account the issue that prevented voting for hamilton, raikkonen currently has more votes than him, so people still trust him to do well nowadays at his favourite track, too bad he never delivers.

That shower certainly spiced up qualifying, but we all know that unless something drastic happens Ferrari and Mercedes will take P1 to P4, even when Bottas starts last. Remember Hamilton at Silverstone and how the other teams just got blown away even without DRS.

It's really embarrasing.

Last edited:
Gotta admit that Benz really made the car to suit every circumstances...smells like a third win because of the rain.

Actually I think the battery timing was off, so the last lap was done with very little battery. But, as Vettel said, given the gap Lewis deserved it. Let's hope for a great race :)

If Lewis comes 2nd or 3rd it's still not a big loss because on paper and practice sessions the Ferrari is faster. With Botas out of position ferrari have a strategy advantage .

With the field a bit mixed up i really hope it rains

That shower certainly spiced up qualifying, but we all know that unless something drastic happens Ferrari and McLaren will take P1 to P4, even when Bottas starts last. Remember Hamilton at Silverstone and how the other teams just got blown away even without DRS.

It's really embarrasing.

Mclaren? I do hope so !

Woah...somebody was channeling that 1998 Belgian GP a bit too much...what an accident! That rush through the Kemmel, drivers were 4 wide at one point...shaping up to be a very interesting GP.

OH, and the halo saves another life. Give me flip flops over dead drivers any day :thumbsup:

Man that Ferrari engine is something else...my guess is only a screw-up by Seb or the Ferrari Pit crew (and some afternoon showers) can save Lewis now.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.