Some shots from grid and first laps :redface:

9DC7STE.jpg

VzIbaQF.jpg

OYkS3h6.jpg

nReFuqQ.jpg

5xtKry3.jpg

Y4xhHtj.jpg

a6TYas3.jpg

Without imgur compression: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-1CXlLSe1nS0JOWFdrcHhnNzQ
:confused: So much prettiness!

Amazing racing in both events lads. No dnf's in race 1 on that very demanding track and no major incidents is a great effort.
Thanks to all the guys I was racing around in both races. Hard but fair. Brilliant.
Very pleased with how the whole meeting went for me. Certainly the most consistent I have ever been. All those laps paid off I guess.
Got a great run through to second in race 2 but couldn't make the move on @Sniper as he never put a foot wrong. Looked like a 1-2 for Apia with @Chris bearing down on us and then I had a screen freeze on the last lap, ran wide and Chris needed no invitation and flew through to take the place. Tried to come back at him but when he started to warp off the track I backed up a bit and accepted the points. Not convinced I had a chance anyway.

Amazing racing in both events lads. No dnf's in race 1 on that very demanding track and no major incidents is a great effort.
Thanks to all the guys I was racing around in both races. Hard but fair. Brilliant.
Very pleased with how the whole meeting went for me. Certainly the most consistent I have ever been. All those laps paid off I guess.
Got a great run through to second in race 2 but couldn't make the move on @Sniper as he never put a foot wrong. Looked like a 1-2 for Apia with @Chris bearing down on us and then I had a screen freeze on the last lap, ran wide and Chris needed no invitation and flew through to take the place. Tried to come back at him but when he started to warp off the track I backed up a bit and accepted the points. Not convinced I had a chance anyway.
I had the best seat in the house when you and Tony were going hammer and tong. That was absolutely awesome!

I didn't have the outright pace to rival you chaps, so I just tried to keep it clean and hope for a mistake. But man, you guys were flying! I'm gonna have to do a lot more practice for next round :D

I had the best seat in the house when you and Tony were going hammer and tong. That was absolutely awesome!

I didn't have the outright pace to rival you chaps, so I just tried to keep it clean and hope for a mistake. But man, you guys were flying! I'm gonna have to do a lot more practice for next round :D
Yeah, I think that's what made it even better. We probably should have run in formation but in true MotoGP, rather than F1, style we decided to race and we did. Real hard but real fair too. It was amazing. These cars are just made for it. And so was the track by the way.:thumbsup:

Didn't do too badly in the end. Was P15 and holding off @Fred Locklear like a mad man until I out braked myself and fell to 17th.

Now I know I'm racing I'll start practicing for Round 2.
That was fun. My steering was borked at the time, massive oversteer going right and understeer going left. I found it really hard trying to get past because you were doing so well driving defensively. Tried to sneak by you on the left on the back straight a couple of times hoping you were going to make a mistake (and not run me into the wall), but you held out pretty well :)

Quali was not that great, was quite a bit down on my best time, traffic and rhythm just not making it.

Starting 12, I misjudged the start had to pause then only get going, so I lost a few places off the line.
Race was going well, unfortunately @Jeremy Talbot had a cracker spin in the chicane, causing him to bounce off the walls and across into my path. I ran into the side of him with nowhere to go. Lost time and a few places on recovery. lol Jeremy, me hitting you put you back online and in the right direction to carry on, but it looked like it was not much good as you car seemed trashed from hitting the wall? I was not that lucky facing the other direction :(

Second race was good, starting 12 again, had a good run up to 8th, just holding off @Michael Stead at the finish.
The last few laps were awesome with @Sam Smith @KoshaPashkin myself and @Micheal stead fighting for 6th
Well done Sam for keeping it together to take 6th :)

Well done to @Casper and @Sniper for the respective wins and super close racing, great job! :thumbsup:

Quali was not that great, was quite a bit down on my best time, traffic and rhythm just not making it.

Starting 12, I misjudged the start had to pause then only get going, so I lost a few places off the line.
Race was going well, unfortunately @Jeremy Talbot had a cracker spin in the chicane, causing him to bounce off the walls and across into my path. I ran into the side of him with nowhere to go. Lost time and a few places on recovery. lol Jeremy, me hitting you put you back online and in the right direction to carry on, but it looked like it was not much good as you car seemed trashed from hitting the wall? I was not that lucky facing the other direction :(

Second race was good, starting 12 again, had a good run up to 8th, just holding off @Michael Stead at the finish.
The last few laps were awesome with @Sam Smith @KoshaPashkin myself and @Micheal stead fighting for 6th
Well done Sam for keeping it together to take 6th :)

Well done to @Casper and @Sniper for the respective wins and super close racing, great job! :thumbsup:
Haha yeah it put me back on line but my front right was toast. Really sorry that it affected you too :( such a shame as I was having a lot of fun at the time. Lost a lot of time getting to the pits plus 62 seconds stationary. Race was basically over but thought I'd hang out for some points.

Race 2 was a lot better. Started in 24th and made my way up to 12 behind @Jack before the safety car came out. On the restart I was right behind him and @Matt. At the end of the back straight Jack braked a little earlier than I expected, I locked up and had to swing left to miss him causing me to spin and lose a lot of positions. A few laps later I was back behind him having a great battle. Unfortunately he ran wide in turn 4 causing him to run into me as I tried to cut inside him. Annoyingly it spun me round while it straightened him up. After that it was a run to the end behind a battling Fred and Ian which was a lot of fun.

Good race but I wish it could have been better.

Well done to the Apia boys, you look like the ones to beat :thumbsup:

did you use my setup Ian? did it help?

I practised with it offline and started to get the hang of it and saved it separately, yet when I loaded in to the server just before 8 I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't want to quit and have everyone crash as there was already 10 or so people in the server. Ended up just using the default setup.

I practised with it offline and started to get the hang of it and saved it separately, yet when I loaded in to the server just before 8 I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't want to quit and have everyone crash as there was already 10 or so people in the server. Ended up just using the default setup.

Even more impressive :)

For future reference, because the league is using a different "series" in AMS you need to open up the setup.svm file and change the first line to:

VehicleClassSetting="RDTCCS11"

@Chris,
It was brought to my attention this morning that outburst's of profanities and foul language by myself during race 2 was heard by a number of race participants who had remained in the TS main channel.

I offer no excuses for my disgusting behavior, there is no reason under any circumstances to subject others to that type of attitude and language just because I was having a bad day/race.

In being honest, I would not like to be subject to that type of attitude, and my behavior was/is unacceptable, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you and RD, but mostly to those members who overheard my uncontrolled foul mouthed rhetoric.

In hindsight and after much reflection I feel compelled to withdraw from the RDTCC series.

I am extremely ashamed and embarrassed by my actions and once again offer my sincere apologies to you, RD and all concerned.

@Chris,
It was brought to my attention this morning that outburst's of profanities and foul language by myself during race 2 was heard by a number of race participants who had remained in the TS main channel.

I offer no excuses for my disgusting behavior, there is no reason under any circumstances to subject others to that type of attitude and language just because I was having a bad day/race.

In being honest, I would not like to be subject to that type of attitude, and my behavior was/is unacceptable, I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you and RD, but mostly to those members who overheard my uncontrolled foul mouthed rhetoric.

In hindsight and after much reflection I feel compelled to withdraw from the RDTCC series.

I am extremely ashamed and embarrassed by my actions and once again offer my sincere apologies to you, RD and all concerned.
Andrew we have all had such outbursts on teamspeak, myself included. I for one would be disappointed if you withdrew for this reason only. Please reconsider. We enjoy your company and look forward to seeing you in the next race at oulton park.

Agree with @Sniper, Andrew. Everyone has lost it at times and no one has an issue with that type of thing unless it's either directed at someone or becomes a regular pattern of behaviour.
We are here for fun and the more racing we do in these types of events the better we all become. Pounding out laps only does so much. Running around others and picking up tips and watching them is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%