2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Ok. I'm updating right now and I'll need to reimport everything in the new resources.assets file wich will take me a bit of time again but hopefully I can reupload the thing in 1 o 2 hours.

Just a few things Ive noticed a few HQs are showing incorrectly matching flag or nationality
Red Bull Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - Austria​
Force India Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - India​
Renault Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - France​
DAMS Showing
Flag - France
Nationality - Italy​
T-Sport
Flag - GB
Nationality - Japan
Cant fault anything else at the moment, this is brilliant.
Thanks Enzoli

Unfortunately yes, every time they update the game they update the resource file as well but it should be easy to update the resource file. What I mean is you have to update the resource file manually with the unity asset bundle extractor. The one thing I don't like is that every time you update the resource file you have to start a new game cause it doesn't work with your old save game. I wish they would change this so you can continue your old save game, they are supposed to come out with workshop tools that support modding so I hope they look into this issue.

Just a few things Ive noticed a few HQs are showing incorrectly matching flag or nationality
Red Bull Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - Austria​
Force India Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - India​
Renault Showing
Flag - GB
Nationality - France​
DAMS Showing
Flag - France
Nationality - Italy​
T-Sport
Flag - GB
Nationality - Japan
Cant fault anything else at the moment, this is brilliant.
Thanks Enzoli
It shows correctly in my game though.
Will have to see if it's still the same with the last version I'm uploading right now.
Thanks for your feedback :thumbsup:

One question, when the game updates again, we will lost everything?
I'll have to make a new file with the changes but you won't "lose" anything since your savegame will still work and gfxwill show up correctly if you put the mod file in your folder, as they are not stored in savegames obviously. ;)

I'll have to make a new file with the changes but you won't "lose" anything since your savegame will still work and gfxwill show up correctly if you put the mod file in your folder, as they are not stored in savegames obviously. ;)

Aren't the text files stored in the save game? Because when I changed the text files they wouldn't show up when I loaded my save game.

Yes the texts files are stored in save game.
But when you start a game after the update, I think the game still allow you to play your old savegame.
And updates so far didn't changed much in the text files.

Thanks for all your hard work Enzoli but this is what I mean with the old save game.
It won't change it into the modified names inside the drives, Teams or any other text file that has been changed. I so wish it would to do it though like the graphic files but hopefully the devs of the game will change this.

No change.jpg

Yes. Vanilla savegames or other mods savegames won't work with this mod.
What I was saying is that if you start a game with my mod now and the game gets updated later on, you will still be able to play your savegame with the right data.

I so wish it would to do it though like the graphic files but hopefully the devs of the game will change this.
I don't think it's possible to change that parameter because data is just a starting point that changes throughout time. If it would update each time then your game would constantly reset to strating values.
No ageing, no abilities growing, no drivers changing teams, etc

In GP2 Team Dams is from Italy but has a french flag attached. It is the only one which is wrong.
to be correct the team dams is french but the country is named italy, so flag is right but the country is wrong.
You're right about that. I forgot to update my teams file. Which means Trident should appear as french since I swapped the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes