2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks for your work! Had a self-adjusted/updated version (for patch 1.1) of that other 2016 mod running, but there were some bugs (mostly because I didn't know about the UTF-8 thingy in Notepad++ and had the problem with the "." driver named). Now with your version it seems all very well, really enjoying it. Keep up the good work!

Enzoli this mod is great, i began an career @ torro rosso and the cars look superb.....1 little thing is the practice and qualifying time....a bit too long....but heeee..don't complain this is the best manager game so far because of your 2016 mod.
Thank you very much enzoli.

Well thats not a big problem, still fiddling with the game, so no biggie. Just started a new career in GP3 with Korainen - it's hard to get good results, but I like that competition, really fun. :)

edit: one question - since there is no qualy in the GP3 (at least in the first season?), how are the starting positions for the race calculated? Even if I end up no better than around P15-16 in the training, I had starting positions of 3 and 6 in the second race (Hockenheim=München). Couldn't hold that positions in the race obviously, but wondered how could I qualy that good with a car/drivers this bad... :O_o::D

edit2: now in race 3 (Monza) i'm starting at P1/P3 after a really bad training result, now that's somehow weird...

Last edited:
I have a few suggestions of reserve drivers instead of the current ones. Up to you if you agree, of course. I tried to change it myself but it wouldn't work as I have zero experience in modding.

Mercedes - Mick Schumacher (Always seen in Mercedes' garage on race day. I would say he's a better fit than Rossi)
Red Bull - Richard Verschoor (Seems to have better ability in comparison to Luis Leeds in real life based on this year's performances and I'd put Leeds as Toro Rosso reserve driver)
Ferrari - I would put Charles Leclerc as I don't think Fuoco is as talented. Unless you have Leclerc in GP3?
Force India - Alfonso Celis (you already have him as reserve driver so no change there)
Williams - Lance Stroll instead of Di Riesta seeing as he's now a Williams driver?
McLaren - Stoffel Vandoorne (you already have him)
Toro Rosso - Luis Leeds (swapped with Verschoor)
Haas - Santino Ferrucci (you already have him)
Renault - Louis Deletraz (I noticed you have him in GP2 with Carlin, but he only raced the last two races of the season in GP2 in real life. Marvin Kirchhofer raced the majority of the season with Carlin, so Deletraz might be a better fit as Renault reserve driver instead of Carmen Jorda?)
Sauber - Doesn't really matter who's reserve driver there

Just feel like if you have young and talented reserve drivers at each team it will make for better continuity as you get a few years into the game.

I have a few suggestions of reserve drivers instead of the current ones. Up to you if you agree, of course. I tried to change it myself but it wouldn't work as I have zero experience in modding.

Mercedes - Mick Schumacher (Always seen in Mercedes' garage on race day. I would say he's a better fit than Rossi)
Red Bull - Richard Verschoor (Seems to have better ability in comparison to Luis Leeds in real life based on this year's performances and I'd put Leeds as Toro Rosso reserve driver)
Ferrari - I would put Charles Leclerc as I don't think Fuoco is as talented. Unless you have Leclerc in GP3?
Force India - Alfonso Celis (you already have him as reserve driver so no change there)
Williams - Lance Stroll instead of Di Riesta seeing as he's now a Williams driver?
McLaren - Stoffel Vandoorne (you already have him)
Toro Rosso - Luis Leeds (swapped with Verschoor)
Haas - Santino Ferrucci (you already have him)
Renault - Louis Deletraz (I noticed you have him in GP2 with Carlin, but he only raced the last two races of the season in GP2 in real life. Marvin Kirchhofer raced the majority of the season with Carlin, so Deletraz might be a better fit as Renault reserve driver instead of Carmen Jorda?)
Sauber - Doesn't really matter who's reserve driver there

Just feel like if you have young and talented reserve drivers at each team it will make for better continuity as you get a few years into the game.
Interesting.
I like the idea of Mick at Mercedes. Why not.
I followed bwoah's advice and changed Buemi in for Leeds at Reb Bull as he's obviously the officila teest driver and it's more interesting to keep young guns free.
Ferrari reserve should be Vergne, I'm surprised you're seeing Fuoco actually.. It means I didn't put my last version in the mod. That's really weird.
I put Jorda to have a little feminine touch but I take your advice on Deletraz.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You seem to know GP2 way better than me which is not really hard actually.:p Please feel free to give other ideas. :thumbsup:

Well thats not a big problem, still fiddling with the game, so no biggie. Just started a new career in GP3 with Korainen - it's hard to get good results, but I like that competition, really fun. :)

edit: one question - since there is no qualy in the GP3 (at least in the first season?), how are the starting positions for the race calculated? Even if I end up no better than around P15-16 in the training, I had starting positions of 3 and 6 in the second race (Hockenheim=München). Couldn't hold that positions in the race obviously, but wondered how could I qualy that good with a car/drivers this bad... :O_o::D

edit2: now in race 3 (Monza) i'm starting at P1/P3 after a really bad training result, now that's somehow weird...
In der GP3 startet der 1. platzierte in der Fahrerweltmeisterschaft vom 20. Platz usw. Also eine umgekehrte Startaufstellung. Das alles kannst du selber nachlesen, indem du dein Save ladest, und unten rechts auf Platzierungen klickst. Dann sollte Rechts die FWM-Tabelle und links die KWM-Tabelle sein. Über der KWM-Tabelle müsste dann "Regeln für 2016" stehen.

Interesting.
I like the idea of Mick at Mercedes. Why not.
I followed bwoah's advice and changed Buemi in for Leeds at Reb Bull as he's obviously the officila teest driver and it's more interesting to keep young guns free.
Ferrari reserve should be Vergne, I'm surprised you're seeing Fuoco actually.. It means I didn't put my last version in the mod. That's really weird.
I put Jorda to have a little feminine touch but I take your advice on Deletraz.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You seem to know GP2 way better than me which is not really hard actually.:p Please feel free to give other ideas. :thumbsup:
You're right actually, it is Vergne, don't know why I thought it was Fuoco. Vergne is 19 on the mod though, but he's 26 in real life.

It would be good if Playsport added a young driver programme feature so that Red Bull, Ferrari etc. could have multiple young drivers in the shadows.

In der GP3 startet der 1. platzierte in der Fahrerweltmeisterschaft vom 20. Platz usw. Also eine umgekehrte Startaufstellung. Das alles kannst du selber nachlesen, indem du dein Save ladest, und unten rechts auf Platzierungen klickst. Dann sollte Rechts die FWM-Tabelle und links die KWM-Tabelle sein. Über der KWM-Tabelle müsste dann "Regeln für 2016" stehen.

Ah, that explains a lot, thank you. I wasn't aware of the starting grid being reversed from the drivers championship standings. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You're right actually, it is Vergne, don't know why I thought it was Fuoco. Vergne is 19 on the mod though, but he's 26 in real life.

It would be good if Playsport added a young driver programme feature so that Red Bull, Ferrari etc. could have multiple young drivers in the shadows.
You're right. DOB's wrong for Vergne. Another change made.

Could you post what's in the error log? That error name is just the time the error occurred :)

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.3.6f1_29055738eb78]

MM.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module MM.exe at 0033:950832fa.

Error occurred at 2016-12-03_172212.
C:\Games\Motorsport Manager\MM.exe, run by Shinobi85.
93% memory in use.
3951 MB physical memory [255 MB free].
6688 MB paging file [559 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213284 MB free].
Write to location 7dff6068 caused an access violation.

and another list of numbers...

but the game don't start...

(thank you for the support that you give me)

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.3.6f1_29055738eb78]

MM.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module MM.exe at 0033:950832fa.

Error occurred at 2016-12-03_172212.
C:\Games\Motorsport Manager\MM.exe, run by Shinobi85.
93% memory in use.
3951 MB physical memory [255 MB free].
6688 MB paging file [559 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213284 MB free].
Write to location 7dff6068 caused an access violation.

and another list of numbers...

but the game don't start...

(thank you for the support that you give me)

No problem :)
If you put the original version of resource.assets back in the folder to replace the modded file, does the game launch?

Just being picky now, Red Bull are listed as Red Bull Racing. GP2 and GP3 teams also have Racing or GP etc. after their name. Just thinking some teams are missing this sort of thing on their name:

Mercedes AMG
Scuderia Ferrari
Sahara Force India
Williams Racing
McLaren-Honda
Scuderia Toro Rosso
Renault Sport

I understand that you haven't included things like Martini in Williams Martini Racing because sponsors change after a few seasons which makes sense.

Adding the likes of Scuderia etc. just adds that bit of professionalism.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 149 86.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 60 34.9%