2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Just some questions:

Is there a way to decrease the amount of transfers? some dumb stuff happens on the game.

Is it possible to create links between teams? e.g. the two Red Bull teams.

Any way to remove the promotion/relegation system?

Lastly, Would you be able to list the people you have as reserve drivers for each team?

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Just some questions:

Is there a way to decrease the amount of transfers? some dumb stuff happens on the game.

Is it possible to create links between teams? e.g. the two Red Bull teams.

Any way to remove the promotion/relegation system?

Lastly, Would you be able to list the people you have as reserve drivers for each team?
I'm afraid you three first questions are coding stuff and I only concentrated on modding texts and textures so far. Maybe when I'm done with the mod.
Reserve drivers is a bit tricky as some don't have an official one. So I picked one randomly but you can still come back to me with your suggestions when you see who I chose.
Shouldn't be long now ;)

I'm afraid you three first questions are coding stuff and I only concentrated on modding texts and textures so far. Maybe when I'm done with the mod.
Reserve drivers is a bit tricky as some don't have an official one. So I picked one randomly but you can still come back to me with your suggestions when you see who I chose.
Shouldn't be long now ;)
What teams are not included in the GP3 championship that you have created/modded to avoid duplication issues? ART, DAMS, Campos, Trident and Arden? If so, are those teams' drivers not in the mod?

What teams are not included in the GP3 championship that you have created/modded to avoid duplication issues? ART, DAMS, Campos, Trident and Arden? If so, are those teams' drivers not in the mod?
I added FIA F3 teams. Motorpark, T-Sport, Van Amersfoort, Hitech and Muche Motorsport.

Drivers from actual GP3 teams that are not in mod GP3 will all be available as free drivers.

You are doing a fantastic job Enzoli can't wait to try and happy to Beta test for you anytime.

I have to ask this question which is true of mods in general not just Motorsport Manager. Is it necessary to run a separate install with a mod or is it enough to just back up the files as they were prior to modding if you need to revert back to the original for what ever reason?

The reason I ask is I have used Moddingway mods and essentially you can't just reverse some of the more complex mods easily but usually you can just do a fresh install and then mod that with any changes or updates.

Would it be possible to release the beta today?
I'm trying to get there. Although there's still work on the graphic part, I'm willing to give you guys something to test for the weekend. I should be able to give you a beta late tonight.
I'm currently finishing team colours and it's a hell of a long process. Been on it for so long.
I still need to finish some sponsors textures, liveries, and gfx parts.
So a final release would have to be early next week.
Thanks for your patience.
You are doing a fantastic job Enzoli can't wait to try and happy to Beta test for you anytime.

I have to ask this question which is true of mods in general not just Motorsport Manager. Is it necessary to run a separate install with a mod or is it enough to just back up the files as they were prior to modding if you need to revert back to the original for what ever reason?

The reason I ask is I have used Moddingway mods and essentially you can't just reverse some of the more complex mods easily but usually you can just do a fresh install and then mod that with any changes or updates.
This game is done with Unity. The only file modified is "resources.assets" which means you can just backup that file first then drop the modded one into your folder. Et voilà!;)

I'm trying to get there. Although there's still work on the graphic part, I'm willing to give you guys something to test for the weekend. I should be able to give you a beta late tonight.
I'm currently finishing team colours and it's a hell of a long process. Been on it for so long.
I still need to finish some sponsors textures, liveries, and gfx parts.
So a final release would have to be early next week.
Thanks for your patience.

This game is done with Unity. The only file modified is "resources.assets" which means you can just backup that file first then drop the modded one into your folder. Et voilà!;)

really appreciate all the effort you put into this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back