2013 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen today how superior the Red Bull car is when the tyres are durable and drivers are able to push. So I want to see drivers race flat out, i.e for pirelli to produce durable tyres, but then Vettel is just going to waltz away with victories. So F1 is not ideal at the moment.

Decent race in the midfield but a race lacks a huge amount of excitement when there is not a good battle for the lead.

Shane Butler,

not ideal "at the moment" nor for a long time.

It's Vettel's time now. It was Schumacher's time, and Senna's (though drivers like him and Villeneuve could "fight" regardless of car they drove) or Prost's.

Red Bull now, Benetton and Ferrari yesteryear, and Williams and McLaren before them.

Good racing is provided when no one quite knows who's going to win - when there is no single team (or driver) with a solid, unbeatable edge.

It was an amazing race for Mercedes, and nice to see they curtailed they tyre troubles so they can now keep up with a Ferrari.

Lets hope the tribunal kick them out of this years championship, bunch of cheaters.

It was an amazing race for Mercedes, and nice to see they curtailed they tyre troubles so they can now keep up with a Ferrari.

Lets hope the tribunal kick them out of this years championship, bunch of cheaters.
I'd wait for a few more highspeed corner tracks to see if the Merc is any better on its tyres. Canada is another 'odd' one out like Monaco, not alot of stress is put through the tyre, meaning you can hold onto performance while not losing too much rubber alot easier. Silverstone will be a good gauge of how well the rest of the season will look I think.

We've seen today how superior the Red Bull car is when the tyres are durable

The first few races we've seen how superior the Lotus/Ferrari car is when the tyres are less durable/it's hotter.
I still don't see the point that just because the RB maybe has the most overall downforce or let's say the better aero package makes it better or the best.
I'm not refering to you in particular but to some people (in the media) how where exactly claiming that.
The best car is the car that is the fastest under given conditions. A superior car is a car that is fastest in almost any condition.

Kimi had all sort of problems during the race, we'll learn more later im sure but as I can remember I heard they were somewhat worried on their fuel, Kimi reported on having issues, he got radio'd back saying its the same issue from Friday and then something about his break pedal being soft.

Didn't see much of Grosjean during the race, will have to look around at how he went later.

Pretty sad if you ask me. Not in the spirit of the sport at all, and the crowd clearly don't appreciate a champion when they see one.

Luckily he does his 'booing back' on the track, so to speak.

Vettel is up there with the best ever, He got pole in the wet and won in the dry.....

I put anyone that doesn't accept Vettel as one of the best ever in the 'fanboy' column.

Vettel is brilliant. Every driver must drive under the same requirements or conditions..And Vettel excels.....I hate him :laugh:

The incident with Webber was weird, it looked as if he either didn't notice Webber was there or he knew he was there decided to take the apex then move over on the straight, either way Webber thought he was letting him have the apex which we all know how that turned out.

absolut
I'm getting sick of this. Just 'cause Vettel wins easily, doesn't mean the whole race is boring. If Alonso does the same, it's a great race.
absolutely, tbh this was the best race in the past 2-3 years :) ... and yes i remember the JB - Seb stuff in 2011! ... this race was fantastic & sebastian vettel really brought the car home, he was really on fire today.... superb driving by Ham & Alo, i was glued to the telly watching it :)

Bottas done good defending indeed and stood his ground, he knew exactly when to stop fighting, unlike some people, i think he would be in a better position at Lotus and do good for the team :)

Just a shame for Bottas, he positioned his car well and held onto his positions quite fairly, shame that he didn't have the car under him.

5-place grid penalty for Van der Garde for the collison with Hulk. Need to see the replay again but my first impresson was that it was rather Hulkenberg being clumsy.

What? Maybe its just me not having enough sleep, being I had to get up at 1.30am to watch the race, but I remember Hulk pulling ahead of VDG, then just swerved onto the racing line to take the chicane.

Maybe the stewards think he should of been off the racing line but Hulk was the one who thought he was ahead and sliced the mans wing off.

Some pretty tough calls fromt he stewards this week.

What? Maybe its just me not having enough sleep, being I had to get up at 1.30am to watch the race, but I remember Hulk pulling ahead of VDG, then just swerved onto the racing line to take the chicane.

Maybe the stewards think he should of been off the racing line but Hulk was the one who thought he was ahead and sliced the mans wing off.

Some pretty tough calls fromt he stewards this week.

Hulkenberg did cut across VDG but considering that VDG NEVER went off the racing line for anybody he deserved that 5 place grid penalty generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back