2013 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Vettel's quickest time was done on tyres which were already 2 or 3 laps old, and he was reporting a kers problem on the radio.. pretty much shows how good that car is at the moment. It looked absolutely planted from what I saw..

I hope that Valtteri Bottas would do well during invasive. He's got good experience for a test driver, and it maybe help him. And of course, I hope that Kimi Raikkonen is a the podium

Been seeing a lot of cars being thrown onto the dirt by the astro-turf at turn 5 during FP1 and FP2. If it's not fixed by Sunday for the race, I can see a massive accident happening especially in the opening 5 or 10 laps.

Before anyone is ready to give a driver/team the win based on what happened in today's practice and/or ready to condemn a driver based on what happened today, just remember "it's just practice". Nobody gave out points for practice.

LOL

I think it is quite funny how some people forget that this is Formula 1 and "when the light go green ANYTHING can happen".

Anyways, after seeing a bit of FP2 I was wondering if anyone except for me sow the rear wing of the RBR shake a little bit after exiting turn 12?

Mercedes looks very quick over a lap. Hamilton was actually in for beating Vettel´s 25.9 but locked up that lap and never did any more low fuel runs.

But Red Bull looks mighty although Lotus seems extremely good in race pace and Mercedes and Ferrari sneaking around there or about.

Hamilton made the right choice changing teams, that we know for sure :)

They all were for sure, you kinda have to otherwise you won´t know how the car is on the limit.

And it seems something was broken on his car when he went off,

He explained afterwards that damage to the car left him with very little front downforce.
"I had separation of the front splitter, so it was pushed right up underneath and touching the underneath of the chassis," he explained.
"I lost a lot of front end. I went into Turn 6, turned in and nothing really happened, I just went straight on.
"I was complaining of shed-loads of understeer as I was beginning my long run. I came in and asked for three holes in the front wing, which is quite a lot.
"As they did that, they changed tyres and I went back out. I was braking, turned in and it just didn't turn.
"I thought to myself, 'what an idiot', but when I got back they explained to me that the front of the bib underneath the chassis was broken."

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/07339

Here´s the damage. I think. Look under the tub.

WzKU88k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back