2012 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
REdBull off the pace, Bahrain was luck. end.
Well It is not
Webber is only off the pace that's why he can't pass Hulkenberg through out the race and also Mclaren off of pace
These two teams need to Get stronger if they want to Fight for Championship else we will see Alonso or Kimi in the P1 after Some time
My friend said after watching this race
"Vettel was Walking, Alonso was Running and Kimi was Jumping for points in the Championship"

Well It is not
Webber is only off the pace that's why he can't pass Hulkenberg through out the race and also Mclaren off of pace
These two teams need to Get stronger if they want to Fight for Championship else we will see Alonso or Kimi in the P1 after Some time
My friend said after watching this race
"Vettel was Walking, Alonso was Running and Kimi was Jumping for points in the Championship"
Actually Webber would have passed Nico, but he had to give way to Maldonado. Also only reason he was midpack was because of the team screwing up qualy. Webber was not off the pace, the team was.

EDIT: I know he was following for a long time but at the end he really had the advantage over Hulk but when he could have passed him he couldn't cause maldo was lapping them.

Next race, Caterham win by 2 laps. :p :p
May be we can see Charles Pic leading a race in the Future
TO be Honest It was a Good championship but it wasn't good due cos need to look after tire's
Pirelli Completely screwed the championship and in the future those who can Look after his tier's can win the race even starting from P 24
I Heard Renault was looking for a Engine Map which can manage the tire's effectively for their Engine Users if that was true then we are going to see a Artificial F1 Championship very soon

May be we can see Charles Pic leading a race in the Future
TO be Honest It was a Good championship but it wasn't good due cos need to look after tire's
Pirelli Completely screwed the championship and in the future those who can Look after his tier's can win the race even starting from P 24
I Heard Renault was looking for a Engine Map which can manage the tire's effectively for their Engine Users if that was true then we are going to see a Artificial F1 Championship very soon
Personally I liked last years tyres, they had the perfect balance. But now there is no allowance for speed because they need to save their tyres. That's it, it's going to get boring like this right now. But if we had tyres from last year I think that this would have been the tightest season so far. People would have been able to push hard and properly fight. Instead of being pussy for 8 laps attacking for 1 lap then dropping off 10 secs cause their tyres are screwed from a failed attack.

The season is already the tightest we have seen so far...
Sometimes i wonder if im looking at the same race as some else.

Mclaren was also not off pace, neither was Red Bull.
It was Button and to some degree Webber but in Webber's case they sent him out in traffic everytime while Vettel managed to clear the traffic and Webber.

It's different when you are in traffic around this track and it's a huge advantage to lead a race, you can just hold the gap and react.
Hamilton did 2 Stops but still was ahead of Vettel despite having something like 10 lap older tires.
Had he started first i think he would have dominated the race, we saw the car was stupid quick over a lap and he just proved he can save tires just as well as Button.

The season is already the tightest we have seen so far...
Sometimes i wonder if im looking at the same race as some else.
Not saying its not, just saying it could be tighter :D Its bloody entertaining compared to last year. But at some points it gets boring because everyone is in like a limbo state where they would like to attack but are looking after their tyres and therefore don't attack. If you understand :D

74706_311711652237777_100001968334153_704622_667517228_n.jpg

What's going on with Senna's tires in this photo....?!

Soft tyres on the front and hards on the rear? Could they even do that?

No idea what happened there, but a shame that Senna didn't manage to finish the race.

And congratulations to Maldonado. If I'm not mistaken, in these 5 races we've gotten more new race winners than in the whole 3 last years (2009, 2010, 2011). It's a good signal. Also, excelent race from Fernando Alonso, but the Ferrari isn't quite there. They have closed the gap though, and that's always good, but if the race had been 1 lap longer Räikkönen would have taken 2nd for sure, and Massa without the penalty might have been in the points.

The Lotus were slightly dissapointing, lacking the pace at the beginning, but they are still strong competitors and I'm sure they'll win races this season. Also, I don't think Red Bull were slow. Vettel had a drive through penalty, and I believe both cars had to change the front wing which made them lose quite some time. Great for Kobayashi too, a strong drive and some banzai moves (the overtake on Button was on the limit). Sergio Pérez got hit in the first lap (nice car control with a flat tyre there) and had to retire because of the gearbox, but it would have been nice to see where he could have ended. As for Mercedes, a 7th for Rosberg is less than expected, and Schumacher made a very dumb mistake.

Hamilton was a surprise though. A 2 stop strategy, you could expect from Button, but Hamilton pushed his tyres very hard and still managed to use only 3 sets, that's impressive. Did he start on the used softs from the qualifying? Button had problems the whole weekend, he also had them in Bahrein. I hope he can solve them soon and come back to the fight for the top positions.

I'll say though, this was a fairly boring race compared with the rest of the season. Montmelo isn't exactly the nicest track for overtakes, and these tyres don't allow to keep attacking, which kills the racing a bit. Still, there were a few nice ones, and it's promising for the next races. Now, next one is Monaco, so I'll probably sleep on that one :whistling:

I believe you're only allowed to use one set of tire compound, so you can't have Softs on the front and Hards on the back.

However, I'm still puzzled as to why he does have the 'Hard looking' compound on that rear tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back