2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine how many times HRT would be outside of 107% if there wasnt 3 stages of qualifying (considering they only compare their time to the best time in Q1, which is usually run on hard tyres and quite a far way off the true pole)? Thats my issue.

But then again, HRT would be faster at the end of Q3 than Q1 as well.

EDIT: Actually, De la Rosa was inside the 107% of Hamiltons pole time as well!

HRT doesn't even compare to some of the teams that were around in the late 80s, early 90s. Some of them had five different drivers over a season and maybe managed to qualify for 2 races.

Staying with the 80s theme: Back then there were no blue flags, and the frontrunners still managed to get by... Todays drivers are wusses.

At least HRT seems to be more competent than Andrea Moda :p

Seriously guys it's an interesting debate.

It seems to me F1 would prefer another team but there just isn't another willing to bring the necessary millions to the table. The penalty against Karthakayan seems to be a message IMO. I think the message is something like, "the beatings will continue until morale improves!"

There are rules. If they can field a car and comply with the rules they can race. Rd 1, slower than 107%=no race. Rd. 2 they race and got a penalty. (Yeah, maybe controversial but that is F1 in general, the rules can be very subjective.) All in all it seems fair to me, and until someone better comes along to buy the spot, I say all the best to HRT. Live the dream!

Perez rumoured to replace Massa at China. Seems like a long shot to me. It's best for Perez to stay the whole season with Sauber (and he's said he will), a team that he's settled into and can drive the wheels off the car. Not a good idea to replace Massa, because Perez will struggle with a car he's had zero experience and knowledge of, while Massa has some.\

Still, I firmly believe: Perez = Ferrari 2013.

Perez rumoured to replace Massa at China. Seems like a long shot to me. It's best for Perez to stay the whole season with Sauber (and he's said he will), a team that he's settled into and can drive the wheels off the car. Not a good idea to replace Massa, because Perez will struggle with a car he's had zero experience and knowledge of, while Massa has some.\

Still, I firmly believe: Perez = Ferrari 2013.

That seemed a bit to early. However - I belive that Massa is gone after Bahrain. Then there are a test at Mugello, where Ferrari (in my mind) will test the new driver.

But then again, HRT would be faster at the end of Q3 than Q1 as well.

EDIT: Actually, De la Rosa was inside the 107% of Hamiltons pole time as well!

I dont think they would be faster. They just arent fast at all. They are running soft tyres and going all out.

De La Rosa I expected to be more competitive, its the other one who must not be named who really annoys me....

Imagine if Massa takes a surprise victory at Bahrain?

It'll be a bit like Alonso's victory at Malay, he and the team principal both essentially said "we got really lucky, our car sucks"

I think they should keep Massa around until the end of the season as that should be a good indication of whether the car has performance or not. If the car is good Massa will at least be able to qualify in the points and fight for them in the race.

I may be giving him too much credit though, all we really know now is that Alonso's an awesome driver and that the Ferrari kinda sucks, If I were Perez I'd never take that jump mid season, especially after sauber put him on his first f1 podium.

He won Le Mans a couple of years ago I think... why not? He knows the car, he proved to be fast, and at least he won´t be under the preasure Massa is all the time.

You saw how Badoer struggled. He was driving more Ferraris that Gene was at that time. He's not been testing in F1 since 07? Then it is much better to take a driver that have been driving in recent times, and the only one that is free to go is Jarno Trulli.

I really like Gene as a driver, and I think it' sad he never got a real chance outside Minardi. However, he didn't do any better than Pizzonia in 04, and after that, he did less and less testing for Ferrari. There are better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes