2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Vettel will get when he wins a race this year in these difficult times? :)

A Red Bull and a pat on the back? haha :)
Red_Bull_Mini_01_ies.jpg

i thought he was a idiot at Melbourne, but here, he done nothing wrong, Vettel made the move which cost him dearly, nothing to do with Karthikeyanat all, Vettel and his big mouth.

Clearly Karthikeyan could've slowed down a bit and gotten out of the way. I see it as Vettel doing nothing wrong. But he wasn't to blame for the Button incident.

Clearly Karthikeyan could've slowed down a bit and gotten out of the way. I see it as Vettel doing nothing wrong. But he wasn't to blame for the Button incident.
and please tell me again why he should slow down? he has every right to go at the speed he is going, Vettel clearly mis judged and turned it to early, it's he's fault, he had enough speed to make a bigger better gap which could have avoided the incident which occured.

Faster drivers often think that the lapped car will simply vanish, it happens a lot in simracing too.. I've heard and even got complaints my self when the lapped driver refuse to bolt to the grass (really, someone once accused me of slowing him down and expected me to drive off the track since he was 2nd and fighting for position to 1st, i was in front of him only one turn and let him pass at the next short straight...).

With the speed i have, i've gotten a looot of practice of how to behave when being lapped and start of the straight is not the place to veer away from racingline or to slow down.. If there is a second lapper following very close by, that move can cause an accident when that second lapper can't see the lapped car. If the lapper goes off racingline in effort to make a pass, the lapped driver is required to drive using normal driving line with regular speed. Vettel just thought that Karthikeyan will put brakes on in the start of a long straight, not gonna happen..

It is the lappers responsibility to make the pass and the lapped driver is responsible for providing a safe opportunity for it... Karthikeyan hasn't got the talent or speed and should not be in F1 but his penalty is ridiculous... Old topic, will stop posting in this now..

The difference though from Simracing and Formula 1 is the blue flag.

In games it´s informational, in reality it is mandatory that you get out of the way as soon as you possibly can.
Not downing Narain, i think the only mistake he did was hitting a wet curb and hitting Vettel´s left rear.

Vettel = Bad Reaction (I understand why he reacted the way he did)
Karthikeyan = At fault for the crash. If you have seen Vettel's onboard camera and a camera angle facing towards the front of both cars, you will see that Vettel dosen't turn left after the exit of the corner. You can also see Karthikeyan rapidly turn right away from the kerb at the start of the straight.

Vettel = Bad Reaction (I understand why he reacted the way he did)
Karthikeyan = At fault for the crash. If you have seen Vettel's onboard camera and a camera angle facing towards the front of both cars, you will see that Vettel dosen't turn left after the exit of the corner. You can also see Karthikeyan rapidly turn right away from the kerb at the start of the straight.

Vettel could have given more room. Narain hit the wet curb and oversteered into Vettel´s tire.

The HRT i´m sure is a dog to drive and scary enough to drive in the dry, just imagine in the pissing rain with cars 7 seconds faster then yours wizzing past all the time.
Racing incident for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back