2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the replay and reading Karthikeyan's explanation, it's a race incident. He hit the wet white line and had to turn right to get back to the tarmac. Then he hit Vettel, who wouldn't have been hit if he had left enough room to his left until the pass was complete. So both made a mistake, none of them intentional. I don't really know what the stewards wanted Karthikeyan to do, vanish into the air?

Releasing the throttle might help. But hey, all Karthikeyan has is a superlicence, you can't expect him to know that, can you? (He was being lapped by the way, so he has to let him past. I don't understand why he was wheel-to-wheel with him in the first place.)

Releasing the throttle might help. But hey, all Karthikeyan has is a superlicence, you can't expect him to know that, can you? (He was being lapped by the way, so he has to let him past. I don't understand why he was wheel-to-wheel with him in the first place.)

Agreed. When you are being lapped, you/your team don't deserve to think about anything else other than getting out of the way of the guys lapping you.

And how many times does someone make it possible to be lapped in that corner, on slicks, outside the dry line?
Every situation is unique :)

Oh well, I don't like the blue flag rule, managing backmarkers is a skill.

And how many times does someone make it possible to be lapped in that corner, on slicks, outside the dry line?
Every situation is unique :)

Oh well, I don't like the blue flag rule, managing backmarkers is a skill.

On that last part we agree.

My point is just, if Narain was aware enough, he would have made sure he wasn't on the painted line to make it difficult for himself in the first place.

Well, I rather like Vettel - and he had every right to complain. Show me one driver who wouldn't complain in that situation. And he doesn't sulk nearly as badly as Lewis 'Mommy's boy' Hamilton.

Well, I rather like Vettel - and he had every right to complain. Show me one driver who wouldn't complain in that situation. And he doesn't sulk nearly as badly as Lewis 'Mommy's boy' Hamilton.
Jenson Button :)
There was also another driver in precisely the same situation who did complain as well: In Canada last year, Karthikeyan caused Massa to spin and break his front wing, and he was fairly pissed :p

I think part of the reason why everyone is ganging up on Karthikeyan is that he really is just bad. Not only are other drivers scared of lapping him, but he's also so much slower than his team mate(s) <.<

There was also another driver in precisely the same situation who did complain as well: In Canada last year, Karthikeyan caused Massa to spin and break his front wing, and he was fairly pissed :p

I think part of the reason why everyone is ganging up on Karthikeyan is that he really is just bad. Not only are other drivers scared of lapping him, but he's also so much slower than his team mate(s) <.<

He really is bad.

Alonso and Hamilton would if they were to get in the same situation, they are also hot heads.
Question is if they would find themselves in exactly the same situation. Probably not as they never really did in the race.

He was in a very similar situation (with the same car) and admitted it was his fault and apologised to the team.

Jenson was actually racing with the HRT if my memory serves me well, plus it was actually his fault.
But when you are being lapped (according to the rules) you HAVE to let the other guy past whatever happens!
He didn't even have to go off the track, he just needed to stay in the car width that Vettel gave him at all times.
Well if he can't do that, PERHAPS he is not in the top 24 drivers of the world...

Karthikeyan opened a gap at that corner, he could have just gone in too fast and had to go slightly wide, but Button locked the rear wheels (I think) and just went in too fast.

Also I'd like to point out Hamilton seemed happier than he did in Australia. Maybe it's because he beat Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%