2012 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed but Senna is scoring points and stays consistant something which teams find important if they will be fighting for the constructurs championship. (not to mention some sponsors pay if a driver finishes within the points)

We know that Senna maybe doesn't got the Qualify pace but I find this situation the same as Hamilton and Button, they both drive the same car, Hamilton seems to be much better in Qualify while Button turns the tables during the race and is always picking the right strategy to turn the table and is quite consistant while we know Hamilton is unpredictable.

IMO Maldonado has more potential.

Still, Williams has a decent driver lineup. But their drivers lack F1 experience.

I´m not so sure Hamilton was "just there" in performance, he just had a setup that put 4 tenths on the Renault in the last sector everytime.

Nobody was gonna catch him no matter how quick they are around the lap, what counted was the last turn.
You could see in practice the car just took of like a rocket out of that corner.
Sometimes he did not even use all of his KERS.

Today summed up Vettel's abilities for me.
Crying to the team to do something to find him some clear air because he can't get it done himself on track.

How many passes for position did you see in this race? One? When Alonso passed Perez who happened to have extremely worn out tires when he was passed? Good grief ... you can always count on the haters to show just how much hate they have brewing in their heads.

Terrible luck for Schumacher. Really disappointing to see the Mercedes team running so poorly after a good start to the season.

Alonso had a solid points day, keeping Webber behind to increase his lead. Was hoping for him to pass Vettel in that last stint, but Vettel pulled away easily with the fresh rubber.

I really like the challenge of the Hungaroring, it's twisty nature has me comparing it a lot to Monaco, in which your qualifying position usually determines where you end up at the end of the race.

I think Maldonado deserved his penalty. Sure, he didn't move up the track to hit Di Resta on purpose but it was a dodgy move to begin with.

Maldonado's move was only going to work if DiResta would have given up the place. He even did leave some space for him, but Maldonado only exploited that even further.
He pushed a driver off the track (his audacity to call that one a 'good move' later on is just staggering >.<) , that's clearly illegal and therefore a penalty is only justified - even if it weren't for his prior offenses.

Apparently, the reason Senna did so well this weekend is because he finally - for the first time this season - had a real feel for the car. I really hope he continues to impress and eventually finish ahead of Maldonado in the championship :)

Today summed up Vettel's abilities for me.
Crying to the team to do something to find him some clear air because he can't get it done himself on track.
But you forgot Kimi has more pace than Lewis but didn't passed due to the circuit nature
Also Vettel was using his experience and increasing his abilities to gain More points in WDC He asked his team to Get a Right Strategy to overtake Jenson as he was Much Slower than Vettel in that stint

I still have a hard time imagining how the young German got an advantage driving the long way on the outside of the hairpin turn on painted pavement that has not been rubbered in. But I am just a fan and very much on the outside with no say in how the sport is run. If Seb ends up losing the WDC by less than 8 points then I will be crying in my crocodile tears. But Alonso still has a healthy lead, and right now it's McLaren and Lotus who appear to be moving forward much faster than Red Bull. So maybe there will be no need for the tears.
Well with the Summer Break is on i guess it will Help Redbull to make Other teams to play catch up for them but this WDC is far from over
And About the Pass over JB despite the Advantage or Disadvantage you must follow rules
No Overtake is allowed with 4 wheels out side the track and as i said the Penalty was a Bit too harsh but it was called racing
So Lets wait until SPA to see what kind of upgrades Redbull are Going to use to turn the things

How many passes for position did you see in this race? One? When Alonso passed Perez who happened to have extremely worn out tires when he was passed? Good grief ... you can always count on the haters to show just how much hate they have brewing in their heads.

Haters? Excuse me? Be quiet.
I'm just caling what I see.
You're right. There were barely any overtakes in this race.
But how many other drivers were crying to their team to "do something"?

Kimi just kept on pressuring Hamilton right to the end. No whinging or crying. He just kept looking for his opportunity.

It just shows what's been shown time and time again that if Vettel's not in clean air racing at the front, he can't compete with the quick drivers.
Not me "hating", its a proven fact.

Kimi just kept on pressuring Hamilton right to the end. No whinging or crying. He just kept looking for his opportunity.

It just shows what's been shown time and time again that if Vettel's not in clean air racing at the front, he can't compete with the quick drivers.

In Vettel's defence...not all radio traffic is aired. I'm pretty sure a lot of drivers have whined about not being able to get by someone at one point in their career. I personally think Vettel is a fine driver and a great overtaker.

But think about what you said...if he's not in clean air racing at the front he can't compete with the quick drivers....of course he can't....he's stuck behind a slower car....you get it, lol?:roflmao:

Alonso passed Perez when he was on worn tyres but Button couldn't do the same with Senna even on fresh set of options.

I am just saying, Alonso was crying a lot more about Petrov holding him back in 2010 and Kimi probably said something like this "I can't get closer to Hamilton". So one of the radio's was on air (which no one went and called Alonso for a bat overtaker) and the other one wasn't but I don't see how this kind of reaction proves if someone is bad or good on overtaking.
This is just shows how some people react when they get frustrated.

To be Honest Chris
Vettel wasn't Crying at all the circuit nature wasn't allowing him to overtake button
That's why he asked the team to alter some strategy to gain track position if you think that was Crying then it was called as a misinterpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back