2012 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
He touched the kerb and got oversteer because of it. Not as if he did it intentionally (he was countersteering). But most of F1 has a vendetta against Pastor it seems.
Well what did you want them to do? It's unfair to everyone else if that move would be legal, no one said he did it intentionally, which is why it was a drive through, so I think it was a fair penalty for the crime.

To be able to control a gap like that and keep your tyres fresh for 16-17laps need skill. ;)
(I just did it!)
I am mostly impressed with Sennas performance today but I only which that he was defending harder on the opening lap since he had such a great start. :(

Good effort from the Iceman, but congrats to Hamilton for his win. His strong performance on Saturday resulted in track position on Sunday and the win. Not sure why McLaren got their race strategy correct with Hamilton and so wrong wit Button. On top of Button's less than ideal strategy, the curse of the bad McLaren stops also cost him a position behind Alonso.

There are still tons of races to go, but Alonso is in a very strong position to be the WDC.

hamlton strong performance? hmmmm that mclaren seemed just there, Lotus without any upgrades were just a second behind him, not a big deal Lewis still waaaay down there, Kimi and the new drs system rear wing lotus are working on should give him an advantage @ SPA, that is if its sunny and warm.

Vettel yet again, almost gettina rear puncture for that defensive move, entititled, but 2 risky.

Montoya bumping into people again, I mean Maldonado.

alonso justbegin reliable with a huge lead and scoring points.

I say Kimi wins SPA, all hands down.

Good effort from the Iceman, but congrats to Hamilton for his win. His strong performance on Saturday resulted in track position on Sunday and the win. Not sure why McLaren got their race strategy correct with Hamilton and so wrong wit Button. On top of Button's less than ideal strategy, the curse of the bad McLaren stops also cost him a position behind Alonso.

There are still tons of races to go, but Alonso is still in a very strong position to be the WDC.
The lead is 40 now right?

It's impossible to overtake in Hungary even with DRS. When Grosjean was less than 1 sec behind Hamilton in turbulent air he had massive understeer in T10. Lotus had a lot of pace today, but track layout helped McLaren.

hamlton strong performance? hmmmm that mclaren seemed just there, Lotus without any upgrades were just a second behind him, not a big deal Lewis still waaaay down there, Kimi and the new drs system rear wing lotus are working on should give him an advantage @ SPA, that is if its sunny and warm.

Vettel yet again, almost gettina rear puncture for that defensive move, entititled, but 2 risky.

Montoya bumping into people again, I mean Maldonado.

alonso justbegin reliable with a huge lead and scoring points.

I say Kimi wins SPA, all hands down.

1) Hamilton deserved to win the race, he was fast all the weekend and the car was capable. You clearly hate Hamilton with no reasons at all, you can't deny it. Saying "Lewis is still way down there" when he leads most of the race, gets pole and is fastest in most practice sessions just shows how idiotic you are.

2) Vettel being risky ? How was he risky, he came out of the pits on cold tyres and on a tight line because of the pit exit. Obviously he was going to be slower in Turn 1 than Alonso, he stayed to the inside to defend, that isn't risky at all. If anything, Alonso was being risky for trying to cutback.

You are the sole reason why I dislike Alonso. I hate his fans, not him, and his fans make me dislike him. Just like I dislike Cal Crutchlow in Moto GP because of Biased Commentators.

Flawless race for Lewis. I think the key to this win, was saving tires in qualifing with his blinding fast laps. Button somhow still can't get the maximum out of the tires.
Lotus did a great job on strategy with Kimi and Grosjean also with a decent result.

Vettels race was quiet unspectacular. What I don't get about RB is their way of setting up their car: Last year they were dominat and sacrificed top speed for corninering performance which was ok. But this year their car isn't that dominant and they need to overtake some rivels during the race. However they still follow that philosphy of setting their car up.
Webber was on the wrong strategy.

Alonso damage limitation worked quiet well with P5 on his birthday. He lost a couple of points to Vettel and a little bit more to Lewis and Kimi, but those two are still quite far behind. Most importantly he gained points on Webber and extendet his lead to 40 points with his 23rd consecutive points finish.
Massa however was quite disappointing dispite having a race without any incidents. He was always behind Senna, who did a great job, without putting muchg pressure on him. The result is that Ferrari have fallen back to P4 in the WCC.
Nevertheless Ferrari needs a bigger upgrade during summerbreak and wouldn't be worse if they improve their pitstopps a bit. They were fastest at the beginning of the season but have lost out a bit.

Most disappointing is MGP. Sure Hungary is one of the tracks that doesn't suit their car at all. But I also don't see much improvments on the car scince the start of the season, just like in 2010 and 2011. I really don't understand why: they have the people, they have the money and they have the drivers.

Most disappointing is MGP. Sure Hungary is one of the tracks that doesn't suit their car at all. But I also don't see much improvments on the car scince the start of the season, just like in 2010 and 2011. I really don't understand why: they have the people, they have the money and they have the drivers.
Mercedes actually had great development in 2011, they kept the performance gap to the frontrunners pretty steadily. Only then, the car was bad at the start of the season, whereas this time, it's the other way around.

You are the sole reason why I dislike Alonso. I hate his fans, not him, and his fans make me dislike him. Just like I dislike Cal Crutchlow in Moto GP because of Biased Commentators.
I understand your Emotions Bradley but lets be cool if the situation is like this it was going to be hard for Alonso to get title in my view as Either Lewis or Seb would be in the grasp or even Kimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes