2012 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a race. Can't remember the last time there was so much close quarter racing for P2-10. This season is amazing! Big shame for Raikkonen and Schumacher though. I think Vettel also showed that he can fight, especially since he botched the start.

I hope this was not just a one-off for Mercedes, since the track kind of favors them in terms of tyre wear (they mostly have problems with the rear tyre, China mostly loads the front left). If they can carry on this kind of pace, it'll be the first time since 2004 that Schumacher is in a fully competitive car. Should be a sight to behold, once they've worked out the kinks :)

Webber - Yeehaaa!!! :p

This was a fantastic race, there were exciting battles going on all over the track, from top to the end just like last year and hopefully this will make the Shanghai track haters a bit more kind the next time they talk about how "boring" this track is. :p
I just can't wait for the next race. (although it is in Bahrain... :( )

Webber surely produces a lot of good action shots, just had to say out loud " Oh yeeaaah" when that happened. Dangerous but entertaining..

Nice one Nico, i'm half-proud! Häkkinen said it best, if Nico loses, he's German. If he wins, he's Finnish ;)

Wonderful race on an awful track, almost makes me change my mind but i have still my own race there... Too bad Kimi couldn't hold on, his tires just completely stopped working.. Bad job from Lotus, he was never going to get podium today but a good 4th-5th finish was in sight with an earlier stop. The pack was unbelievable tight so he would've had to pass a lot to even get that..

Webber - Yeehaaa!!! :p

This was a fantastic race, there were exciting battles going on all over the track, from top to the end just like last year and hopefully this will make the Shanghai track haters a bit more kind the next time they talk about how "boring" this track is. :p
I just can't wait for the next race. (although it is in Bahrain... :( )

Not boring at all, absolutely fantastic race.

Wow, i can't wait for the tracks which gives more oppurtunity to overtake with such a close field!

And shame for Saubers at this race, what a bad strategy, what women can understand from F1!.... :p

No offense, but have you watched F1 before the Malaysia race? Alonso and Perez aren't wet driving geniuses.

You have obviously not seen Hungary 2,006, Korea 2,010 and other spectacular wet races he drove, with a 2nd best car, or in the case of 2,012 malaysia, the 7th best car. I'll let you remember Alonso and Perez were FASTER than the whole field throughout the race. Hamilton didn't close that 15 s gap one bit.
:) Alonso is a wetmaster, though he goes unnoticed for the spectacular things he does. Twice winning the championship with the 2nd best car is not coincidential. It's easy to go 11 races with the bestest car, but not to put up a fight like Alonso does when 1,5s off the pace. Look at Vettel, only 3 tenths off, and crying, making rookie mistakes. Alonso in a car 1 s slower is higher up in the championship!

What happened to him, i know he let Nando past but i thought his strategy would put him back up with Alonso again.
Idk but in my eyes it seemed like the Ferrari couldn't fight any more at the final laps and I belive it has to do with tyre wear. I might be wrong but if I am right then that explains why he finished 13th.

But never the less, his performance have improved a lot compared to the last two races.

I think Mercedes is using the light system that teams like McLaren and Ferrari. The BBC lead commentator (I still don't know his name) explained that there is a sensor that can sense when the wheel nut touches the wheel, and when that happens for all 4 wheels it gives the green light to the driver. Looks like the Mercedes mechanic didn't put the nut on right and was going to do it again, but the light went green.

This performance might be a one-off for Mercedes, Rosberg was leading last year before he had to save fuel, and they had the same tire issues as last year.

Slightly gutted for Schumacher,but in general its starting to look handy for Mercedez this season,lets just hope they are on top of the tyre issues because the car is obviously fast with or without the duct.

Thoroughly enjoyed the race and season is shaping up to be a monumental one ....thank u Pirelli

Highlight of the DAY
AqggdgMCQAIUce0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back