2012 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
so rossberg wins but webber definitely scores huge points for pulling a wheelie AND passing vettel.

What a brilliant race though, I just now finished watching it and I've gotta say I'm a huge fan of 2012.

I wish sauber could figure out how to strategize though, I feel like if perez had been on the right strat he would have had more success. same complaint from last week.

Raikkonen's luck in 2005 was apalling
and the renault was easily the fastest in 2006, bar the finals races of the season.
Sigh, Renault was quick till Silverstone at the most, whenever Mass Dumpers were banned, but it was NEVER the quickest car of the season, what the man did in 2,006 in Hungary was Senna-esque, in 4-5 laps in the wet from p15 to p3 then to p1, before a pit stop error from his mechanics cost him the race. And everyone seems to love saying how the rest were unlucky, but Alonso has never been lucky in his carrer from a championship pov, 2,006 was perhaps his most unlucky year, with Hungary's Pit error, Massa's ridiculous request, Monza's engine blowup, and more and ore and more.

And everyone seems to love saying how the rest were unlucky, but Alonso has never been lucky in his career from a championship pov, 2006 was perhaps his most unlucky year, with Hungary's Pit error, Massa's ridiculous request, Monza's engine blowup, and more and more and more.

:thumbsup:

The thing is... if luck were to ever go Alonso's way, who would stop him? Guy is doing some serious damage control with a **** car right now. 3 Races, 1 Win, a Top 5 and Top 10 finish. I would argue that this season so far RB, Merc, McLaren, Sauber and Lotus are all better than the F2012, yet El Nano still sits in 3rd behind Button and Hamilton. Its very early, but Alonso shows year after year that he is one of the best drivers. He will never have the stats of a Senna, Prost or Schumi, but he is certainly in Niki Lauda territory (who happened to have quite a bit of bad luck himself).

He is 5th in terms of amount of GP wins in all of Formula 1.
10 more and he will surpass Nigel Mansell.

6 more podium finished and he surpasses Senna and moves up to 3rd all-time.

3rd in terms of most podium finishes in a season.
2nd in terms of consecutive podium finishes, only Schumi ahead.

2nd in terms of career points, only Schumi ahead.

You can't compare that with the new point system.

Alonso shows (almost) every race his talent. This guy deserves a competetive car more than everyone else on the grid.
I hope (as a Ferrari fan ;)) that the team starts to deliver something good and worthy.

If we did a historic comparison between drivers, what would be the best points system to use? 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1? 10-6-4-3-2-1? Any others? Because the last one I mentioned feels like it really awarded drivers and teams that achieved something.

I think he extended is contract until the end of 2016. Hopefully he can turn things around by then.

he is fine, he can put a so so car up there, give him a competitive one and im sure he will sail past almost everyone up the grid. Is not Alonsos talent or anything in question, is the car itself (sadly).

He will win for Ferrari, he will, thats no doubt, is just Ferrari itself not giving him a competitive car....I think they ate too much pasta during the process of creatig the new car :poop:

They have hired Ben Agathangelou to the Aero-department. Hopefully all of these changes Ferrari has made will start to come in effect later in the year or next year. I´m tired of seeing Ferrari produce dog after dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%