2012 Formula One Chinese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mercedes is using the light system that teams like McLaren and Ferrari. The BBC lead commentator (I still don't know his name) explained that there is a sensor that can sense when the wheel nut touches the wheel, and when that happens for all 4 wheels it gives the green light to the driver. Looks like the Mercedes mechanic didn't put the nut on right and was going to do it again, but the light went green.

This performance might be a one-off for Mercedes, Rosberg was leading last year before he had to save fuel, and they had the same tire issues as last year.
Not sure how that works because it has to consider cars coming down the pitlane as well.

Highlight of the DAY
AqggdgMCQAIUce0.jpg
He sure has a knack for catching air despite all that downforce :D

What an amazing race. Congratulations to Rosberg, it's nice to see a new winner in Formula 1. Hopefully, Mercedes can keep up with the top teams the whole season. Plus, isn't Bahrein kind of similar to China?

It was a really fun race, with so many tyre strategies, people creating trains, lots of close racing and some nice overtakes. Shame that Kimi lost his tyres (it was really impossible to keep them, I don't know how the team didn't get him to change), and the wheel nut fail with Schumacher...Well, that stuff happens. Hopefully it won't be his last chance for a podium/win this year.

Alonso had a good race, but I'm very confused about his tyre strategy. At some point he was going for 2 stops, then he changes to 3, and Räikkönen for some reason changed to 3 stops too.

Overall, the whole field seemed to be very close. This season is failing to dissappoint so far, I hope it stays this way.

Yes it is, but we should expect mush higher temperatures there. Will be interesting to see how Mercedes tires are going to degrade.
I personally think that the relativly could temperatures in China help Nico and Schumi a lot.
Interesting point...
Mercedes possibly will struggle there. Unless they truly have fixed their issues.

I guess that is the question. Have they truly solved it or not?

Im a little late to the forums, watched it @ 3 AM my time on Sunday.....i gotta say ... WOW.

What a race, from Rosbergs superb start all the way to the position fighting in every single lap.

Poor, schumi, did his job defending his young countryman position at the start, im sure he would of been up there, but after seeing his performance, i cannot doubt he will soon have his 92nd pole.

I loved the last 10 laps of the race the most, Kimi unfortunate worn tyres, Alonso and Lewis pit stops, Lewis and Kimis side by side pit stops...i mean there was more action into this GP that into a Michael Bay movie.

I hope we get more and more races like this, and hopefully it would make some tracks such as Bahrain, Valencia, etc. much more enjoyable to watch.
good job to Nico. Mclaren stil in shape, now is up to Jenson and Lewis to remain consistant with the points if they want to build up a good gap against the others, even if it means an HRT winning a race and they coming in 2nd and 3rd :p

Like if you think that Webber Lewis and Vettel fight in the last 3 laps were stunning :D

Im a little late to the forums, watched it @ 3 AM my time on Sunday.....i gotta say ... WOW.

What a race, from Rosbergs superb start all the way to the position fighting in every single lap.

Poor, schumi, did his job defending his young countryman position at the start, im sure he would of been up there, but after seeing his performance, i cannot doubt he will soon have his 92nd pole.

I loved the last 10 laps of the race the most, Kimi unfortunate worn tyres, Alonso and Lewis pit stops, Lewis and Kimis side by side pit stops...i mean there was more action into this GP that into a Michael Bay movie.

I hope we get more and more races like this, and hopefully it would make some tracks such as Bahrain, Valencia, etc. much more enjoyable to watch.
good job to Nico. Mclaren stil in shape, now is up to Jenson and Lewis to remain consistant with the points if they want to build up a good gap against the others, even if it means an HRT winning a race and they coming in 2nd and 3rd :p

Like if you think that Webber Lewis and Vettel fight in the last 3 laps were stunning :D
69th pole for Schumi, it's 91 wins that he's on, not poles :)

You have obviously not seen Hungary 2,006, Korea 2,010 and other spectacular wet races he drove, with a 2nd best car, or in the case of 2,012 malaysia, the 7th best car. I'll let you remember Alonso and Perez were FASTER than the whole field throughout the race. Hamilton didn't close that 15 s gap one bit.
:) Alonso is a wetmaster, though he goes unnoticed for the spectacular things he does. Twice winning the championship with the 2nd best car is not coincidential. It's easy to go 11 races with the bestest car, but not to put up a fight like Alonso does when 1,5s off the pace. Look at Vettel, only 3 tenths off, and crying, making rookie mistakes. Alonso in a car 1 s slower is higher up in the championship!
Raikkonen's luck in 2005 was apalling
and the renault was easily the fastest in 2006, bar the finals races of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back