2011 World Touring Car Championship

Just watching on the official WTCC site, in both races the fastest lap was run by Kristian Poulsen! That's pretty strange to me tbh, those Chevys were so much faster in average!

Edit: No, not really, fastest lap of race 1 was Huff's 1:22.890, while Poulsen's best time was 1:23.4, which is the best if we don't include the Chevys, so I guess the Chevys are not allowed in the Fastest Lap Trophy?

WTCC boss Marcello Lotti confirmed to Autosport Magazine that he had looked into the possibility of a pair of two-lap races at the legendary Nurburging Nordschleife.

However the current safety measurements of the track won't allow a FIA championship to be held on the 22km long track in the German Eiffel.

Nordschleife.jpg"I have already looked at a two-lap race before the Nurburgring 24 Hours, but the circuit needs a grade-four licence from the FIA," Lotti told. "Even then, we would need the support of the manufacturers."

"But I tell you, if tomorrow this kind of traditional circuit can be homologated, or can have a homologation that permits us to run, why not? Seriously we can consider it, but we're not there yet."

Make sure to read this weeks issue of Autosport to catch up on the full backgrounds of this story. Personally I am totally stunned by the fact that Lotti is actually considering this an option. Would be a long cherished dream come true to see the WTCC on this huge track.

What do you think?

This would be an interesting event for sure. But Rhys, seriously, unless you are actually at the track watching, who sits in front of the tube for more than an hour watching a race? Most folks get up and do something during the middle of the race and come back to see the end on longer races.

It's boring enough watching them go round long gp circuits, I wouldn't watch it if it went there. It would probably end up being a two lap race!

Good track, good cars, bad match.

Jim Cole;772110 said:
But Rhys, seriously, unless you are actually at the track watching, who sits in front of the tube for more than an hour watching a race?

Me, and quite a few others too.

Besides, adding an extra 10 minutes on per race isn't really much... is it? I'm sure it wouldn't have that much of an effect on TV schedules or viewer numbers.

Id love it if a BTCC Race was 10 mins longer, but to be honest, WTCC is downhill as it is, needs something different and this could be it.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 170 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 35.9%