2011 World Touring Car Championship

Omg, what an incredible challenging layout (not!)

GIC_800.gif

It may not look like an exceptional layout, but depending on the elevation and cambers on the track, it looks like one that'll provide some really fast racing with good overtaking spots. Also with turn one and ten being used by only the brave for overtaking judging by the length of the straights proceding them.

A challenging layout doesn't always make for a good race track. Hockenheim, Monza and Brands Hatch's layouts don't look that challenging on paper, but they do provide good racing no matter what cars are running around them.

Monza doensn't provide any good racing at all for Touringcars. They pass 9 times and thats it :) For Formula One I agree but WTCC should drive on short layouts with not too much highspeed on the entire track for the best overtaking moves.

i agree. touring cars don't have a lot of speed so can't really do anything down long straights and hurts fuel milage too so shorter races (maybe). tracks should be technical tracks that don't have a lot of long straights like this one.

Now Macau will be scrapped or both will be included?
I hope Macau 'Safety Car Racing' goes out of the calendar, and this track seems better than Macau at least :)

After many successful years with Seat Holland, Tom Coronel announced that the partnership will end with immediate effect. The Dutchman will enter the 2011 season of the FIA World Touring Car Championship with a BMW 320TC 1.6 turbo!

tomcoronel.jpg
The car will be prepared by ROAL Motorsport with the legendary tin-top ace Roberto Ravaglia in the lead of the team, that rejoins the premier touring car series after a year in the Italian SuperStars Series.

Tom drove a rear-wheel driven BMW in his early days in the ETCC and is delighted to return to his roots: "I have the feeling that I won the Italian lottery and hit the jackpot!"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back