2011 Junior Touring Car Championship

Well done Linus! Keep it up and keep on learning! :)

Not saying that heel and toe isn't a good technique to be able to use, but when you're not that experienced racing, it's not what you need to focus on. It might be quicker on the one lap, but if you're not sure about heel-and-toeing you can easily loose time on it during the course of a race. Not to mention the fact that it is easy to be focusing a bit too much on the heel-and-toeing and not the placement of the car and other more important things. I'm no racing star, but that is at least how it is for me when racing or driving at track days.
Hi,

I agree, and disagree :) I am too a rookie racer in sweden, just as Linus, still I managed to learn heel and hoe in my simracing rig during winter, and after that I had no problem taking it to the racecar. BUT I drive a rear wheel drive car, so is even more important.

I recommend Linus to learn it at home, then try to use it on track. You will get alot better laptimes, and best of all, for free :)

Keep the good racing going!

I also agree and disagree... :tongue:

Most of the time I would say that heel and toe isnt that important...
Of course, there are some situations were you need to heel and toe, but in a fwd, I wouldn't guess that you go a second a lap faster. As Emil says, it's important to focus on everything else. And, by using heel and toe, I don't see why it should go so much faster. You won't recieve an increase in deacceleration or anything lika that. And, if you dont heel and toe, you can precisely adjust the brake balance with your left foot. Like if your want to have more turn in in a specific corner...

Tonight I 'm going to a trackday, and for fun I will use a datalogger to compare my laps, and I will drive some laps with heel and toe, and some without... Not that it'll be scientific in any way, but it'll be fun. :)

Even in a FWD it is necessary... I'm not saying to use it in a race if you are not comfortable, but to learn it as fast as possible to be eventually comfortable to use it on track :)

To go back with FWD, if you don't rev match, it slows down the front wheel and it causes an awful understeer that prevents you take on the corner faster... It forces you to take a tighter line in so you don't understeer wide of the corner... And you're not as optimal on the brakes as you could be... Ever wonder why they do it in BTCC ? Even in a Cruze or other FWD ?

Strange that the team didnt tell you that :)

Its essential to keep the revs up when entering a corner under braking. But will only work when your brake and throttle are mounted equally spaced. Not sure if you car has that though.

Super nice Karlskoga vids btw :thumb:

Clio test tomorrow!

Hi everyone.
My first season as a real race car driver is over, so now it's time to prepare for next year. I will start tomorrow by going to Mantorp to test the Renault Clio Cup car since that is what JTCC will turn in to for next year :)

Video will be posted unless i suck :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back