2011 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettel Double World Champion!
plugin-container2011-10-0908-40-54-42.jpg

Friction in the Room, Jenson having a word with Vettel about the start of the race,
JB in reply says "that's how we're Racing then"

plugin-container2011-10-0908-42-14-74.jpg

Double World Champion, JB and Alonso All celebrating for good Reasons!
plugin-container2011-10-0908-45-35-18.jpg

That's all from me folks, Tune in next week as we all head to Korea/ YeonGam Next Week!

That was a FANTASTIC Suzuka! Very happy to see Alonso pull a 2nd place finish. Congrats to Button and of course to Vettel. He's been brilliant and nearly flawless all year, Red Bull really earned it. Very well done.

Did you notice that the drivers on the podium all have won the WC once or twice for Alonsos matter.

Idk but the race was not that entertaining like the other races this year, no major drama just simple and clean from most of the drivers. Only thing that surprised me what, "Perez has set the fastest lap time" comment by the commentator. I was taken complitly by surprise.

for me, two points are striking:
1) the green Lotus cars finished in the lead lap, first time this season both their drivers managed to do so, they are definitely on the right way, while Virgin and HRt are stuck in eternal damnation.
2) why on Earth did the other Lotus team send Heidfeld home? Senna has yet to convince me, another mediocre performance, Heidfeld still the best black Lotus driver of the season pointwise.

Oh yes, and congrats to Mr Vettel, and yes, the maneuvre just after the start was borderline by any definition of the term, didn't like it at all.

"So, that's how we're racing now?" He's going to get even. You can see it. Ohhhh, the tension.

And Lewis and Massa tangling again. That's going to get really interesting now.

Congrats to the metronome Vet on your 2nd. I must admit to a little hoping you'd safely run off and break your suspension to take the interest to another race.

Next year Jenson. Next year!

Cheers!

I wish one day he'd get slapped in the face with reality and actually get a real penalty instead of the constant drive through and actually get something he'll remember and afterwards might say hmm maybe I shouldn't be such a prick.

Also it's not like the drivers who finish in the bottom of the field are the ones that hate him, it's drivers that are well respected he's starting to annoy and that will do him no favours out there.

Haha, really? Massa and Maldonado have no respect. No one else is moaning. And I wouldn't say Maldonado's at the top of the field either, and Massa struggles. I'll just put this down as another Lewis Hamilton hate rant, cos it makes no bloody sense otherwise

Haha, really? Massa and Maldonado have no respect. No one else is moaning. And I wouldn't say Maldonado's at the top of the field either, and Massa struggles. I'll just put this down as another Lewis Hamilton hate rant, cos it makes no bloody sense otherwise

Sorry, actually, Massa wanted to be only as polite as possible after the Singapore GP, but who is the QQ driver that couldnt find the "cajones" in fronto of cameras and off cameras to even say "meh forget it, it is what it is"....ooooooooh thats right...Lewis. Again, pointless fan reply. Good job bro.

Sorry, actually, Massa wanted to be only as polite as possible after the Singapore GP, but who is the QQ driver that couldnt find the "cajones" in fronto of cameras and off cameras to even say "meh forget it, it is what it is"....ooooooooh thats right...Lewis. Again, pointless fan reply. Good job bro.

Not a Lewis fan. I do however take exception to the people that turned him from a charismatic young guy with a love for the sport into a stuttering, anxious wreck he was whilst being interviewed this weekend.

I've been quite reasonable in my replies to all this hate, but I'm gettin quite annoyed now.

We have Alonso on the track, you know, the guy that would quite happily have a dead team mate as long as he can win the race.

We have Webber, a good driver and I like him, but he's been in some BIG accidents in his time.

Then theres Maldonado, who thinks its cool to play dodgems when he doesnt get his own way

And of course the biggest cheat in living memory, Michael Schumacher.

But noooooooo. We hate Lewis and we're all gonna moan about him. And then you get the even bigger fools asking for bans and what not.

My reply may have been a 'pointless fan reply' but the post I was replying to was just yet another Lewis Hamilton hate rant from a guy that's never driven an F1 car before, Just like all the other Lewis haters, just people watching TV and all of a sudden they think they should replace Charlie Whiting cos they know more.

Yes, Lewis has had a bad season, I know that, you know that and he knows that. But people need to just shut up about bans. The patheticness of it all was funny a few weeks ago, but now it's turned into vile, petty hatred and I've no time for people who can't just have a little think before they let their fingers loose on the keyboard.

I'm glad I got that out, thanks for reading haha

On a different note, I just love the Japanese fans, they are so dedicated and passionate! where else in the world would you see the main grandstand still full about two hours after the race has finished?

I don't know how many of you caught the BBC F1 forum after the race, but I think it was perhaps the best of the season, will miss that next season at some races.

yes, very passionate Japanese fans. I think they like Jenson a lot and not to mention Kobayashi. Everybody went crazy when he'd set the fastest time in Q1. Looking forward for the Korean GP and most importantly the Indian GP. Shame that i cant make it to the race as i have exams :( but will never miss the practice, quali and the race sessions on TV at home :D

Well, I'm just gonna say that it's not our fault if he crashes or get into someone every races...
William, you have to understand when he's involved in crashes it isn't always he fault ,because he's been so unlucky this season it does not mean it's he's fault every time.

some of you make me laugh quite abit, saying he's lost it and has no clue etc, if only you guy's would race in F1... plenty of excuses for things to go wrong and it does, unfortunately it just isn't Hamilton's or massa's year, both have talent but their not showing it.

this can go on for ever, we can agree to disagree.

During a BBC post race interview Lewis Hamilton was asked "What happened with Massa" and one of the first things Lewis said was "I can't see very much in my mirrors" and he is not lying. I never have and never will drive a Formula One car, but I have driven a real world Formula Renault car on more than one occasion (it is an entry level formula car) and I can tell you vision in the mirrors is limited. So we the fans need to understand just because we see the race one way from our TV screens does not mean the drivers see the race the same way from their cockpits. At the start of the race there is no doubt that Vettel knew he was crowding Button (I am sure that was his plan all along to veer to the right). But vision in Vettel's mirrors is limited, he didn't see the same things we saw on TV. There was a lot going on in a short amount of time just as there was a lot going on in a short amount of time when Hamilton and Massa tangled later in the race. Lewis has done some dumb things this season, but not everything he has done was through negligent driving. In many cases he was racing hard and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think we can solve the Hamilton/Massa thing fairly easy. The mechanics just need to find and remove the hidden magnets Bernie Ecclestone had installed in Lewis's and Felipe's respective cars while nobody was watching. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back