2011 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, you're right.. They are slower than the RedBull's and the McLaren's, but they are quicker than the Mercedes and the Renault's by a decent margin. So thats makes Ferrari the third best team :)
we all knew that anyway.

1: Red Bull
2: Mclaren
3: Ferrari
4: Mercedes
5: Renault
6: Force India
7: Sauber
8: Toro Rosso
9: Williams
10: Team Lotus

there the top 10 :D

Q1
plugin-container2011-10-0806-21-32-51.jpg

Q2

plugin-container2011-10-0806-45-21-77.jpg

Q3

awwwww...and I thought we had a Mclaren 1-2 with 24 seconds to go :frown:

Vettel on Pole, He was +.132 faster on the 2nd sector, after that he was a few off on 1st and 3rd.

Button +0.009 2nd

as much as this is Vettels WC race, Im really hoping for a Mclaren 1-2. They have the speed, its all about strategy now.

btw did any1 notice Lewis like either too serious, or just like angry, pissed off look, since he had P1 most of Q3.

McLaren could order Hamilton who is starting 3rd on the grid behind pole sitter Vettel to not use his brakes on turn #1 taking Vettel out of the race and allowing Button to race off to an easy win. But they wouldn't do that now would they?
It's not like Flavio is working for McLaren. :fwd2:

BTW ... Pirelli should give all the teams an extra set of tires for qualifying. I almost fell asleep in Q2 and Q3 seeing all that track and hardly any cars using it.

Hey, does anybody know why Schumi, Kobayashi and the Renaults just came out and never did a timed lap? i know they were saving tyres, but why did the come out to do a non timed lap?
Because you have to start on tires you have used in Q3. If you put your lap on used tires, you're obligerated to start on them. But non-timed lap probably didn't count, so you can do some preparation work or test other settings.

McLaren could order Hamilton who is starting 3rd on the grid behind pole sitter Vettel to not use his brakes on turn #1 taking Vettel out of the race and allowing Button to race off to an easy win. But they wouldn't do that now would they?
It's not like Flavio is working for McLaren. :fwd2:

BTW ... Pirelli should give all the teams an extra set of tires for qualifying. I almost fell asleep in Q2 and Q3 seeing all that track and hardly any cars using it.
Ofcourse that would happen. :)

Hey, does anybody know why Schumi, Kobayashi and the Renaults just came out and never did a timed lap? i know they were saving tyres, but why did the come out to do a non timed lap?
Schumi came out to do a flying lap, he was going as fast as he could along with Webber to get to the line in time for a lap, Hamilton was going extremely slow into the chicane and Webber dived up the inside, this meant Hamilton was slightly pushed wide this caught Schumacher out, causing him to slide across the chicane, Schumacher and Hamilton didn't reach the line in time for a timed lap, Hamilton's fault really he needed to be going faster to get a lap in, don't understand why he was so slow but hey ho, Schumi is still in good shape for tommorow.

Hamilton annoys me more and more each race - today not only did he wreck his own qualifying, he would have wrecked Webber's (if he wasn't paying attention) and he did wreck Schumachers. Then when the top 3 pose for the cameras, he sat stone faced with sunglasses on not smiling at all for the fans or anything - he's a complete ass and I really hope he wises up soons enough. This "badass" approach of his is winning him any favours, it's just making him look more like a prick every race.

Hamilton annoys me more and more each race - today not only did he wreck his own qualifying, he would have wrecked Webber's (if he wasn't paying attention) and he did wreck Schumachers. Then when the top 3 pose for the cameras, he sat stone faced with sunglasses on not smiling at all for the fans or anything - he's a complete ass and I really hope he wises up soons enough. This "badass" approach of his is winning him any favours, it's just making him look more like a prick every race.
So he HAS to smile in front of the cameras? REALLY? Leave the guy alone. He is probably the only one there with a character and personality not like everybody else pretending to be someone else. He is letting everybody know his opinion and not just be quiet cause Bernie doesn't want his drivers to talk their thoughts. He wants them to say what he wants.

Schumi came out to do a flying lap, he was going as fast as he could along with Webber to get to the line in time for a lap, Hamilton was going extremely slow into the chicane and Webber dived up the inside, this meant Hamilton was slightly pushed wide this caught Schumacher out, causing him to slide across the chicane, Schumacher and Hamilton didn't reach the line in time for a timed lap, Hamilton's fault really he needed to be going faster to get a lap in, don't understand why he was so slow but hey ho, Schumi is still in good shape for tommorow.

Thats a shame from hamilton. Should have used his mirror properly or his team should have alerted about the 2 fast cars behind.

May I predict the tomorrow's race finishing positions? thanks!

1. Button
2. Alonso
3. Vettel
4. Hamilton
Massa - webber - RET

let's see!

So he HAS to smile in front of the cameras? REALLY? Leave the guy alone. He is probably the only one there with a character and personality not like everybody else pretending to be someone else. He is letting everybody know his opinion and not just be quiet cause Bernie doesn't want his drivers to talk their thoughts. He wants them to say what he wants.

I have to agree with you too. Yes thats not the usual Lewis, but honestly, if I were in his shoes I would be just as straight forward. Why hide your trueself towards the cameras, we cant judge him whats really going through his mind. In all honesty and personal opinion, after Monaco I think he just sort of "gave" up, even with a GP win @ Germany still not good enough. Its a rough year and he knows he is well out of the WC. I dont blame him at all, even if he was at fault most of the time. Be your true-self, even if the fans are disappointed.

i didn't know it was the Driver's job to smile at cameras? what you see is what you get with these Driver's, half of them say it how it is , some of them don't say nothing at all infront of camera's.

Nothing wrong with just sitting their stoned face, he knew he messed up, you could see it in he's face, you don't even know the guy man so don't be saying he's acting like a bad ass, if you we're in he's shoes you'd be exactly the same dude, you think it's easy just getting in the car and racing, and then leave all your feelings on the track?

it's a hard job to do and it can take it's toll, my comment above applies to all driver's not just hamilton, they are the same, hamilton messed up Shumi's Quali lap and almost Webber's, i also blame the McLarean Team ( MArtin Whitmarsh and the engineer ) for not even notifying Hamilton of 2 fast cars approaching, they have all this data and live timing/tracker on the big screens yet they make a silly mistake like this.

For those of you rightfully complaining about teams not settings times to conserve tyres, this article is for you:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7231019/Pirelli-call-for-change-to-qualifying-tactics

Also for those of you who don't know about the Shumi/Hamilton incident here's an article explaining it. However I still can't find any pics or videos so I can't really defend Shumi or Hamilton here, if anyone has any can you please post them? Thx.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7230489/Schumi-Hamilton-was-stupid-

[h=2]Kobayashi to start from seventh after grid reshuffle[/h]

Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi will start the Japanese race from seventh after the FIA released the provisional grid for Sunday’s event at Suzuka. Along with Mercedes’ Michael Schumacher and Renault duo Bruno Senna and Vitaly Petrov, Kobayashi didn’t set a time during Q3 and was originally classified in tenth.

But the FIA sporting regulations split those who don’t record a time during qualifying sessions into three categories to determine the grid order. Drivers who attempt to set a time by starting a flying lap are ordered first, followed by drivers who leave their garage but don’t start a flying lap and finally drivers who stay in their garage. Within each group, drivers are then arranged in numerical order.

Unlike Schumacher, Senna and Petrov who didn’t complete qualifying attempts, Kobayashi did start a flying lap which he subsequently aborted. Thus Kobayashi and Schumacher will make up the fourth row in seventh and eighth respectively, while Senna and Petrov will be on the grid’s fifth row in ninth and tenth.

source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies