Friday 8th July 2011

09:00 - 10:30 Practice 1
13:00 - 14:30 Practice 2

Saturday 9th July 2011

10:00 - 11:00 Practice 3
13:00 - 14:00 Qualifying

Sunday 10th July 2011

13:00 RACE

Should hopefully be an interesting race with the mid-season regs changes coming into effect.

Its due to rain pretty much all day tomorrow at Silverstone too, so that could complicate the first 2 practice sessions without the blown-diffuser systems.

Massa leads FP2. IMO Vettel is just not gonna try in wet since we all saw the crash in Istanbul Park. Now anyone knows why Lewis was called to the stewards? almost sounds like Anakin Skywalker being summoned to the Jedi Council:woot:

Quote from Lewis:" The reason I went to the stewards was to discuss the correct usage of DRS in wet conditions: the rules don’t clearly state whether you can use DRS on slicks in wet conditions, which is what we did this morning. The stewards just wanted to understand so that they could tighten the wording of the regulations for the next race."

theres been abit of controversy after FIA allowed Renault to use 50% off throttle exhuast flow for reliability reasons while the other teams have it fully banned.

Renault say the engine will not last the distance if they don't allow atleast 50% while at the same time its going to give them a substantial advantage for the race.

IMO this is just looking worse for the FIA, like i said before if they wanted it banned you have to do it after the seasons end.

FIA is just a bunch of incapble idiots, i agree you dont change mid season rules this is the same as with the double diffuser, some teams are clever and always will find loopholes or workarounds to gain those few extra tenths. In the end its the same for everyone so why not leaving it as it is?

What you get now is that Mercedes can use 10% off trottle, Mclaren 20% and renault engines 50% and all other teams are 0% ,..... whats unfair now then xD Withing called a meeting with the workgroup so will see what the outcome will be.

In my opinion they should stick with their decision, no off trottle means no off trottle and if that means renault engines will have a reability isue then thats their problem, they knew for a month that the rules where going to be changed right!

Can anyone see Hamiltons frustration growing race by race? I bet Mclaren will already switch their efforts to next seasons car after todays race if both drivers have a poor finish. Great drive by Paul in Qualy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back