2011 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALONSO WINS WOOHOOO WOOOH OO... Its just shows when ur just quiet and dont whine about on tweeter or make Ali G jokes or crash into people that you can quietly win the race . AMAZING forza ferrari forza alonso PAYBACK in Silverstone muahahhaha. Cant wait ot hear all the hate comments but its ok. Il stick by my belief that I rather see a Silver or Red cross the checkered flag and I dont ever mind a Webber win.

As for Jenson. what a shame really. I was hoping to see him on the Podium. Come on guys i wanna hear the booing towards Vettel lke we did in Canada xD.

Nice try for Lewis put up a real fight. But they slipped out on the Fuel manangement. The team that didnt argue much about blown diffusers win. Odd and shocking. Yes RB Pit blew it for Vettel but they can have my thank you note for that as wel as many others out here. Good race and il most def be watching this race even after the end of the season.

Red Bull team radio: "Mark, maintain the gap". Are those team orders. He duly
ignores them and does everything he can to get past his team-mate. Vettel holds
on for second, Webber third.

^ sounds just like what Ferrari did to Rubens back in the Schumi era doesnt it(Autralian GP)? And everyone gangs up on Ferrari how about Red Bull?

Good job by Alonso. Bit lucky offcourse with the pit fail of Vettel. But is good to see someone else win then Vettel.
Awesome move btw from Hamilton in the last corner. "Toet toet coming through Massa" Awesome.

lol Ferrari cheat their way to a win by getting the diffuser rules changed, utter rubbish, got to laugh at the idiots stupid enough to pay the ludicrous prices to go watch F1 at silverstone this weekend

Red Bull team radio: "Mark, maintain the gap". Are those team orders. He duly
ignores them and does everything he can to get past his team-mate. Vettel holds
on for second, Webber third.

^ sounds just like what Ferrari did to Rubens back in the Schumi era doesnt it(Autralian GP)? And everyone gangs up on Ferrari how about Red Bull?

Is abit different. First two the front guy slowed down to let the guy behind pass. This one is the otherway.
They didnt want Webber to make a last lap dangerous move for the place, risking a crash and no points. They crashed before ones. ;)

I dont really care what they do. Saw some good racing today. That counts for me.

lol Ferrari cheat their way to a win by getting the diffuser rules changed, utter rubbish, got to laugh at the idiots stupid enough to pay the ludicrous prices to go watch F1 at silverstone this weekend

oh please oh please. really? ur telling me they actually cheated? they played the smart game and took advantage of the situation. Its ok if your driver didnt win. Is not the end of the world buddy. At the end you sound troubled. Any team would of taken advantage of the blown diffuser ban BUT sees that Ferrari hit the jackpot. Maclaren had teh chance but the Fuel card hit them. Now I dont call that cheating, maybe in ur own world it is.

Well done by Alonso. He seemed very strong from the start of the weekend and proved it during the race.
Mclaren had some very bad luck here, with the pit crew doing a big mistake on Buttons pit stop and getting the fuel calculations wrong for Hamilton which cased him 3rd place.

Big heads up to Alguersuari who started 18th and finished 10th. If he keeps it up like this then I would expect him to take over Webbers place only if Webber would go and retire on his own.

But the anti-climex of the day "Maintain the gap".

Well done by Alonso. He seemed very strong from the start of the weekend and proved it during the race.
Mclaren had some very bad luck here, with the pit crew doing a big mistake on Buttons pit stop and getting the fuel calculations wrong for Hamilton which cased him 3rd place.

Big heads up to Alguersuari who started 18th and finished 10th. If he keeps it up like this then I would expect him to take over Webbers place only if Webber would go and retire on his own.

But the anti-climex of the day "Maintain the gap".

He is getting good indeed. Shame that he isnt a good qualifier.
He would have even better results i think. :)

Is abit different. First two the front guy slowed down to let the guy behind pass. This one is the otherway.
They didnt want Webber to make a last lap dangerous move for the place, risking a crash and no points. They crashed before ones. ;)

I dont really care what they do. Saw some good racing today. That counts for me.

Not to mention that team orders actually are allowed nowadays - they weren't last year.

Anyway I find it absolutely useless and unproductive to argue on team orders and n°1 vs n°2 controversies. The tactics of favoring a racer rather than another are almost as old as racing. Controversies on the matter more or less started when racing teams slowly replaced private entries. Some will pretend it's part of the game, some will pretend it should be removed for good. The only sure thing is that people will never agree on that. So why even bother bringing the century(ish) old debate at every single motorsport event or so?

Both Toro Rosso were caught by the rain in Q1, Alguersuari probably would've done better without that this week-end, but you definitely have a good point, he is improving and currently has a great race pace.

LOL omg Im reading Tweeters and BBCs live race and everyone is DISGUSTED at Redbulls orders to "maintain teh gap" really? lol No crash would of happen no crash at all. Last years crash was Vettels clumsy move EVER.

Guardian chief
sports writer Richard Williams on Twitter:
"Did #F1 fans
really expect #RedBull to risk losing both cars on last lap? Get real!"

"Christian Horner's changed his tune from last year, when he was so scathing of
team orders from Ferrari. How is telling one car to let another pass different
from just not allowing them to race?"

"Am absolutely disgusted at Red Bull telling Webber to stay behind Vettel."

So the quote "Fernando is faster than you" is pass into history and here is the new Quote of the season which will prolly sick til the end "Maintain the Gap"

Not to mention that team orders actually are allowed nowadays - they weren't last year.

Anyway I find it absolutely useless and unproductive to argue on team orders and n°1 vs n°2 controversies. The tactics of favoring a racer rather than another are almost as old as racing. Controversies on the matter more or less started when racing teams slowly replaced private entries. Some will pretend it's part of the game, some will pretend it should be removed for good. The only sure thing is that people will never agree on that. So why even bother bringing the century(ish) old debate at every single motorsport event or so?

I really agree on that.

Agree, but the problem is when the powerful british media only claims against Ferrari for team orders like yast year or with Schumi-Barrichello, but don't say anything when it happens in McLaren for example, like Hockenheim 2008, or Turkey last year, or today. It's very unfair for Ferrari, when all teams are doing that, having team orders allowed or not. The only difference is the words you use, "mantain the gap" now vs "Jenson, fuel is critical".

Good race.

Red Bull blew it with a bad stop, but these things happen. Despite giving up 7 points to Alonso, Vettel once again has increased his championship lead. The bad Red Bull pit stop did rob us of a possible fight between Alonso and Vettel, but there was still plenty of other action. Too bad for Button's bad stop too as he would have been there at the end. The finish of the race was hard on the TV director. Who do you watch? Alonso crossing the line? Watch the battle between the two Red Bulls or watch the Hamilton/Massa battle?

On to Germany ...

My heart sank when I heard that radio message. Seems they are going down the Ferrari route in the way they manage their drivers. Mark has been treated badly for the second British GP running, I would'nt be surprised if this is his last season with Red Bull. I wonder if there was an radio communication between Vettel and Horner beforehand?

Kind of makes me sick the way it was decided; Vettel doesn't exactly need the points does he?

No we were not robbed of a Red Bull Ferrari fight, RB made a mistake like any other team and proves they are human. What they DID rob us was a Webber-Vettel fight. Your are so wrong dude. REdbull covering up the "Mark, maintain the gap" is the worse cover up since the Roswell UFO incident in 1945. Again you fail to see beyond the media. Mark is reasonably more than a enuff good driver not to crash agains Vettel. Vettel crashed into mark last year cuz he was just in raging troll mode and thought it was his fault or he was just tried of Webber winning race after race. At the end of the day we all know Team Orders are not banned but this is ridiculus. Vettel has enuff points yet last year Alonso was lagging behind so the move was very strategic, even tho he lost the WC it was a necessary move on HIS case. In Vettels case he is so far ahead that the call to Mark was not needed whatsoever. Everybody can agree that if Vettel doesnt finish or does not compete in the next 4 races or so he can still lead the Championship. Red Bull is doign to Mark what Ferrari did to Rubens Barichello.

Agree, but the problem is when the powerful british media only claims against Ferrari for team orders like yast year or with Schumi-Barrichello, but don't say anything when it happens in McLaren for example, like Hockenheim 2008, or Turkey last year, or today. It's very unfair for Ferrari, when all teams are doing that, having team orders allowed or not. The only difference is the words you use, "mantain the gap" now vs "Jenson, fuel is critical".

Yea British media really loves to bash other teams besides their own. Sad ineed. very sad, man even Eddi was but im glad David Coulthard could simply add common sense to him and the viewers. (Budapest GP pre-race 2010)

Its ok when the American GP comes il make sure SPEED and other american media bash them back. Its only fair IF they keep at it.

The English Story

5 Guy's sitting in a room with a beer each, heavily clued up in F1, we each predict who will win the Race and have many debates, only 5 minutes before the race start, i made my mind up and said Alonso will win, i happily betted money with each of them to prove i will be right, the race starts, abit of shouting going on while drinking the beer, one says come on hamilton YEs your gonna win it, i say no it's to early to even say who will win it, we drink more beer and feud over this discussion.

Komu Kobyashi come's into the pit, and wow we was shocked and laughing by the pit release, how ridiclous was that? , the race carries on and now we are following Jenson button who later pits, suddenly after he comes out the pit we see from external view he is parked, engine is running fine , baffled by this we drink some more beer, later a clip shows the lolipop man released him alittle early and the pit gun crew was allittle slow for ours and Jenson's liking which then results in a wheel nut missing.

Just his luck one of the guy's is gutted, i look at him and told him you choice wrong, i feel sorry for Jenson since this is he's home Grand Prix and out of the race with not to long to go, oh well race is sitll on we carry on watching glued to our seats, race carrys on normal we each take a zip of our beer, then Vettel come's in, with Alonso not to far behind him, this is going to be interesting some1 says in the room, and no doubt it was, Alonso come's out of the pit box while Vettel is sitting there waiting, once again baffled, we then realise the bolt was stuck? 1-2 seconds after vettel leaves the pit box with Alonso in his sights, shouting and gossiping over what we just saw each of us take a zip of our beer again and continue to watch this as it all unfolds at Silverstone.

not long left now and the temper is rising, the pressure is immense for the driver's right at the front, Alonso is leading with Vettel not to far behind, oh wow suddenly it skips to Hamilton and button battling it out, then we see Mark Webber having ago at Vettel, YES some1 shouts out in the room, the action is heating up with only 2 laps to go, they continue to battle mark webber almost making it to overtake vettel then a team order comes through "maintain the gap" .... maintain the GAP WTF? ..... he should have been given instructions to try and overtake or "push harder" ..... Silly Red Bull .

Anyway, Alonso Finishes without a hitch, then massa and heavily defending his position to Lewis Hamilton, oh what great stuff, they make contact on a corner glued to eachother for a couple of seconds going around a corner, massa stays out infront coming up to the last few corner's hamilton is gaining more time on him, side by side the go around the last fast corner, massa is forced to go wide....

Great Action, Great Entertainment .... and that's what the British atmosphere is like, Beer and motorsport go down well!

Followed by a BBQ in the Afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years