2010 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry guys, unfortunately there will be no race again tonight, the server keeps crashing with the files I installed for the skinpack.

There are no moderators from the league around, so I cant back them up as I dont have the full information.
I am really sorry for all this. I had already planed to study because I have 5 tests this week and I really thought that you had all the info alredy from the start but I guess not.

Alså jag vet inte vad jag ska säga om det där. En sak är säker att jag kommer att vara mycket äldre innan jag studerar detta.

Hur som hälst jag är fan skit arg på att inget fungerar längre. Servern vill inte funka under race dagar och ingen av adminsen kan vara online unter race tid för att våra personliga liv tar över.

Alså jag håller på att ge upp för att mina idé'r lyssnar ingen på och sedan så hamnar vi i en stor jäkla kaos som inte går att återställa. Detta har varit en skit vecka för mig över huvud taget.

Åja, vad är djupet i gröna flaskor???? (OMG, nvm...)

Maybe we should find out who is up for the next race at Valencia, maybe we only need one server if it is many withdrawals?

I would recommend to stop this season totally, moderators are away all the time, previous round it was the same - problem and no moderator here, it was me and Yves who tried to help us. Today? It was for change Remco, who tried to help as there were no NGP moderators online. A lot of us pulled out. Would be nice to think about the leadership and to think about the further to DONT REPEAT THIS EPIC FAIL - so just plan and test something for S4. And I vote for default cars, because overall they are much more fun, no problems and skins are on that basic setup trough CustomSkins... nothing complicated

EDIT in blank (bad formulation first time)

It was for change Remco.
Be glad he at least tried something to help. Let me remind you the NGP is supported league and RD only hosts the forum. The rest is up to the organisers of the event.

We are sorry for all of you who put in a lot of time testing for this league but it seems it is just not going to happen in a normal way after two events ending up in drama.

We think its best to leave it like this. End the league for now and re-think what we can do with the NGP format next season (if any).

THIS IS A JOKE!! I started planning this since Tuesday and got message that the server would be up FRIDAY NIGHT! I told the person (not saying who) that all the details etc. on Thursday and he said he was half way through upping the server, I PMed him multiple times and nothing, once again I have been left to run this league basically single-handily, good decision to cancel this league because it's the same **** as Season#2, just me pulling all the strings and let down when I give someone else a task to do, I have given up, I put my heart and soul into this league, spending hours on hours preparing for it, and I can't leave a little bit of trust to anyone, I was assured of a server, and the person didn't deliver, I hope the person has a good reason for why he didn't finish the job he said he was half way through doing.

I apologize to all who made an effort, I didn't have enough people helping me, just little input but not enough, as League Boss I have to take responsibility for this disappointment, I am gutted more than any of you that this happened. I will leave the Nations GP to rest until I have 2 or 3 committed guys who can help me and the workload is spread evenly and I am not left to do nearly everything, as I was left to do last season.

Rant over, and out!

I for one Ross am not at all blaming you ....but i am sure you would agree that for any online race especially a league race where a lot of time and consideration is put in ther should surely be an appointed Moderator that must attend these races and make sure in case of restarts or tech issues which may crop up. I am sure if the person you entrusted this job to tonight was just at least on the server to monitor the goings on whether it be cutting corners,illegal driving or even unwanted guests foe that matter.the whole thing would have gone off without a hitch.After all the work you put in the past few weeks the skins all worked and there were no hitches only to be stuffed up because there were no Mods around.
I am reasonably new to RD and after been banned for bumping in a race gained tremendous repect for the whole RD format and rules and ...... Only to returned and find things falling a bit apart.As Bram said RD ids only hosting but still it gives RD a bad reputation specially for those that dont know how this all works.
i dont know much about setting up servers for race and how its done but can we not liase with someone that is taking part in the event to maybe be appointed to help with the organising of the nitty gritty that seem to be creeping in evertime we have a race.

Sorry for the outburst ....my 2 pence worth

Morgan McColl

Yeh I had to go out, which is why I had everything organised the day before, all that was left was the server, which I was told would be up Friday night for me to check before I left. I saw it wasnt up in the morning and sent some PMs, so reply. I feel deflated that all this preparation it can go so wrong, such a massive shame.

No I appreciate the message mate, just I have a life too and can't spent my whole Saturday in when I have other commitments, if it all went to plan, there would of been a server up on Friday night.

You had two days to escalate this to the rest of us who have server access Ross. When somebody (who obviously was not online the entire day, with a very valid reason by the way) doesn't respond to pm's it's logical that the NGP organisation takes it to someone else.

Now we had to spot the problem ourselves and Remco was even so kind to try and get it done (without the needed info/links to the mod).

I would of done that, if he didn't tell me he was "making it now" if he said "I can't do it, sorry" I would of understood and got someone else, just that I was guaranteed a server that never came, that was the only downfall in this league, and it has really tarnished it's reputation.

That was Friday night Ross, the league was Saturday night, so thats almost 24 hours time to escalate. If you go into the lobby and don't see the server all Saturday I dont understand why nobody contacted us.

Bram,

It would be nice when the ones who are or willing to organise races and/or a league have access to the server so that we dont have to depend on others.

Maybe there is a way that it can be done safely.

I think the main problem was Ross that you wasnt there for the race, as main boss you would be there if something get broken (especially after round 1) and get immediately impact to all those staffs, or at least do some decision that we will be running this time with default Clio mode without skins, but that couldnt happen without you, or Austin who wasnt there also... thats mentioned with all respect - it is shame we didnt cross the start line of the league

Bram,

It would be nice when the ones who are or willing to organise races and/or a league have access to the server so that we dont have to depend on others.

Maybe there is a way that it can be done safely.

There are plenty of people with server access that were online all day here on the forum or on msn (me included). Normally supported leagues have their own servers (STC, FSR, PrestoGP etc) and if they can't we provide one for them.

Yeh, like I said I had other plans - I have 2 other guys who were meant to help me out, it wasn't to be.

ross i was racing which i beleive i have posted here. i am gutted right now. absolutly disapointed at this and to make it worse i was part of it. i know everyone thinks ross, giorgos, and me are not trying to get this done and we should be penalized for this. but these people don't know that it's a lot of work to get a league running espeacialy when we have our own mod to deal with. no fingers to anyone at all i'm just upset and all this ranting and raving makes it worse. i know everyone is mad aswell as i am but what i always tell myself is yelling does NOTHING but makes things worse. i apologize very deeply as many people were just excited to race and thought this was gonna be a great season. so did i but it's just a shame that every time we have a race we as moderators can't be around and something goes terribly wrong. i was racing and had a great day untill now.
once again i am very sorry for this and i want no commemnts said about this post and this is the last i will say here. if this somehow comes back, giorgos and ross will have to find someone else as i am done. all this really done is make me look like a dumb lazy brat. sorry to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back