2010 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation can not hold. If nothing is done to correct what ever has happened the last two occasions when we were suppose to race. I can tell you right now that team Finland is reconsidering retracting our participation. This is only because if there is no real organizers, why should we take it any more seriously? We made a lot of shuffling with our lives to participate. Why would i make the effort to clear my schedule when this is accepted behaviour from your part. Not pointing fingers at ANY direction ( i really don't care who is to blame,) it is not our task to look for the errors. It is yours.

This is really not so hard task to complete, almost anyone can do this with at least one half brain left. RD and company, step up!!! You have the most experience organizing leagues. enuff said..

From previous experiences i am used to seeing the Race moderator normally taking part in the race and thereby seeing things go off smoothly.

Maybe appoint one of the team player that actually take part in the race to monitor goings on during the proceedings.

I would like the thank Ross and the rest for their help in running this. It must be hard to give up so much of their free time and to volunteer many hours only to see this happen. I have run other types of leagues (flying) and I know that this sort of thing is very difficult to organise. Constructive critiscm and ways to help are whats called for here, not complaints. Anything I can do to help for next season just let me know!

(Ps. Its a shame such drastic action is called for, I am happy to reschedule to keep this season going)

I would like the thank Ross and the rest for their help in running this. It must be hard to give up so much of their free time and to volunteer many hours only to see this happen. I have run other types of leagues (flying) and I know that this sort of thing is very difficult to organise. Constructive critiscm and ways to help are whats called for here, not complaints. Anything I can do to help for next season just let me know!

(Ps. Its a shame such drastic action is called for, I am happy to reschedule to keep this season going)

After 2 failed events we better close it. Because you can see at the reactions its RD thats also gets the blame for it.
And its gives RD a bad name, when the League are not even RD Leagues but Supported Leagues.

Okay, Ivo.

But how can RD support or giving more help to supported leagues so we can learn for the future. (or is there some kind of online guide for these volunteers.

No criticsm but wanna help. Its to bad that we are closing something that had already 2 seasons.

Dont think there needs to be guide. But communication is key. Between NGP staff (only mud throwing and blaming eachother atm).
And the communication between the NGP staff and the RD staff. Someone from the RD staff should set up the server Friday night but didnt manage to do it for a good reason. Only thing what the NGP staff could have done is to check if the server is online on Saturday morning..... if not contact any other Staff who where online the whole day. Then you guys could have raced last night.

So communication is the key.

That is one of the biggest issues everywhere in life.

But while we are here with lots of volunteers and doiing our favourite things outhere, we can help eachadder out even when there was no communication. (or communication wasn't noticed)

When Racing Staff is following the threads and even participate in NGP, or also meself who was/is participating as a teamboss could have been calling for assistance to get things sorted out.

Have we all been waiting for the NGP staff?

So what i wanna say. Learn and give it a new start with new dates. So many of us who wanna enjoy such a great event, even how hard it is.

I do see what you are all saying here. I know how hard it is running things. Rd is getting told off for this and I can tell you now that a staff member tried most of the day to get the sever to work but could not sort it. as Ivo and Bram have said many of us was here to help as we always our. we do not want it to fail but it has big shame

But things can be looked into to really see what can be done

Guys I dunno how full the TS servers are but dont you think a general Nation Cup slot on TS would possibly give us all more chance to meet and iron out unwanted mishaps.From my side i am not blaming any single person as John said all hte hard work done is precious time used up by the mods.All we are asking for is for someone with abit of authority to see that the basic be in place when they need to be. I am bloody sure this would never ever have happened.

TS should be our primary communicator specially at least a week before the race is to take place.

I´m quite disappointed after all effort (mod, skins, time, ...) everybody put in this league, the whole league is now cancelled :confused: All the preperation for nothing ? I mean, all what we have is time. Nobody is runaway, so things could sort out and start the league new. I don´t know the reason and it´s sure also frustrating for the organisation but a little info for the teams what happen and so on would be nice. Also after Spa i suggested to make a testevent, was that impossible ?
But ok, decision seems is made. I would like to know if there is maybe a planning for the future or is nobody care about it now ?

Please don´t see it as personally critic, i´m very thankful for all what is built up here at RD. It´s the best location for online simracing i know.

I am really disappointed to read through this thread now, I really think racers are underestimating the effort and commitment that has gone into making this league, the only thing that was wrong with the way things were ran in this league, was miscommunication with servers, like I said dozens of times before (and know one has seemed to of paid attention) I was guaranteed a server and was told it was being made everything else with the league was ready to go. I had everything else made, ready and organized, and I was let down by one tiny string that held together the existence of the league.

Please do not take this out on Racedepartment, the forum has done nothing wrong as this is a supported league. All that they do is provide a slot on their forum, GPCOS and a server. As I don't have server access, I asked a RD member of staff to set-up a server, which was never made. Everything else apart from this was ready to go, again it's such a shame that people think this league has been a total disaster after only 1 small thing went wrong.

After hearing it was cancelled, I considered leaving in a few months, maybe even until a new game came out (RF2, GTR3) but to do that, I will need 3 or 4 100% commitment guys, I'm sorry to say this to the guys who were helping me this season, but after a while I felt hung out on my own. But I will not discuss a new season until I receive some people who are interested in helping me out - full time.

I am very very sorry to all those people who took time to commit to this league, it's such a shame that it didn't work out.

Thanks for the info Ross, i´m not thinking you make anything wrong. If you have/ had no access to the server and it´s depended from a further person, there is nothing what you can do if the server isn´t up. From my point of view, the man who are the admin of a league should also take care about the server for it, cause he i think have the most interest that everything works. This one pair shoes shouldn´t be on two persons. Example is RDTCC where the admins are in by himself and if anything doesn´t work, it´s easy to react fast like 2 or 3 times this season.

You have to kick the persons ass, who doesn't setup the server as told! That is IMHO the sleepyhead.....
Don't kick this league !!

I don't think is all about communication, but willing to get something started. So i say, there is not enough commitment.

Bloody shame.

Stefan: don't judge if you don't know the facts please. Your comment looks really nasty now.

Here's my 2 cents, as someone who has run a league and also who has raced in leagues.
If you have never run a league, then please keep your comments to yourself about how things must be done and who's to blame for what. Cause you have absolutely no idea how much work goes into this. True, some things could of been done differently, but get off your high horses for a second. In a sick and twisted manner, hopefully alot of you learn from this. You know those races you sign up for, and then just dont pitch for it(especially towards the end of the season). This is what it feels like to all those admin that put in many hours of work just for you to say you will be there and then you just dont arrive. But do you see them throwing their toys out the cot like some of you are doing. If running a league or championship was so easy, i guess RD and Ross would not be struggling to get committed people to help.

Rather accept the decision and thank the NGP team and RD for at least making the effort, and putting in the time to get this up and running.
Everyone has a personal life that takes president sometimes. And yes, admin and organisers are also people with families and responsibility. They dont just sit infront of their computers waiting to help us out 24/7

Bullet proof jacket on, Feel free to throw all your comments in my direction now.

So, from my side. Thanks to Ross and his team and thanks to RD for the oppurtunity to have taken part in this. I was always and will always be proud to have race for my country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%