2008 Formula One Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally
i found it strange that they hadn't implemented already...because champcar used to have these sort of helmet cam
but seeing it i think the helmet cam is actually lower then the eye view of the driver
I agree, the driver MUST be able to see a little more, surely. I don't think I even glimpsed the track!

If that really is what he sees then...No wonder poor old DC never makes it past the 1st corner. :madgrin:

According to all the data Ferrari's car is about 0.2 secs per lap quicker, (not just going off fastest laps, actually looking at data from all the laps from each race from both cars) It was the faster car for most of the season with Mclaren 2nd best but very close behind BMW. (This is overall speed throughout the season) If the Mclaren was the faster car Kovi would be doing allot better then he has done, Ferrari (pit crew etc) have messed things up at allot of races and with Kimi out of form hasn't helped them either. I just personally think the different is Lewis is the fastest driver and is pushing the car to the extreme limits and we really don't know which car is easier to setup as we don't work on the cars.

http://www.formula1.com/results/seas...test_laps.html

Ferrari: 12 fastest laps.
Mclaren 3 fastest laps.
BMW: 2 fastest laps.

I understand your point, but personally I think that data shows how much more consistent the Mclaren is than the Ferrari. It also shows that Kimi isn't "out of form", since he's getting so many fastest laps. If the Ferrari is really that fast all of the time, Kimi would be making more of an impact. Personally, I feel that the Ferrari isn't fast during key periods of the grand prix, not to mention the widely accepted notion that Mclaren make a better car for qualifying, and we all know quali is key in F1.

• Ian Landry

It also shows that Kimi isn't "out of form", since he's getting so many fastest laps. If the Ferrari is really that fast all of the time, Kimi would be making more of an impact.

As you said, Jamie, but don't you think that it's weird that Kimi always sort of "wakes up" in the final part of the race to pull off the fastest lap when it doesn't change anything... I mean I know his driving style and the F2008 have given him problems to warm up the tires, but it doesn't take two stints to warm up tires!!!

It's too bad because I like Kimi (actually he's one of my important pick in my F1 pool). On top of his notorious hatred for all things media related (which I find hilarious to watch), he rarely uses the kind of barely legal moves common with Hamilton and Massa.

That said, I voted for Hamilton in this poll. Even though I am not a fan, I really think that he's the best driver in F1 now. I think it's too soon to claim that from Vettel and Kubica. It's one thing to pull off great drives from a team that is not expected to win vs. carrying all the pressure from an organisation like McLaren.

Ian

• Ian Landry

It's probably not implemented because the drivers do not want the extra weight with the G's... DC probably figured it didn't matter since it's his last race.

As you said, Jamie, but don't you think that it's weird that Kimi always sort of "wakes up" in the final part of the race to pull off the fastest lap when it doesn't change anything... I mean I know his driving style and the F2008 have given him problems to warm up the tires, but it doesn't take two stints to warm up tires!!!

Ian

Fair enough, but I'm still going to stand by my assertion that Mclaren has the all-round better car. I think it's difficult to argue against their ability to make it work in quali.

I certainly agree with your point about Kimi detesting the media. It's funny, but goes a bit far sometimes, like when the girl ran into him and fell over and he just kept walking :nono:

I fear mayhem in T1 :S I have the feeling already the entire weekend that somebody is gonna take somebody out in the first corner. We have seen too many times in F1 history that this is the way to secure a title. Hope if wont happen and we can look back on a clear race with a deserved champion whoever will win.

The RTL commentator said that the cam is drilled in the visor of the helmet of the driver and that the actual point of view for the driver is 4 centimeters higher then the camera position.. So they still see nothing :)

• Panos Vlassopoulos

OMG. Excellent camera.
They should have installed the camera on the top side of the visor.
But from nothing this is great

sry for double post but look at this :) first shower has come :)

Attachments

• IMGP1995.jpg
    IMGP1995.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back