1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Cars 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Patrick,
I'll try to provide my feedback about your latest release :) (Please don't expect a very professional once driving wise ;))

First things first: THANK YOU and all involved :thumbsup:
I tried your provided default setup (brake pressure changed to adapt it to my load cell)
Pros:
The 3Dmodel looks fantastic, the FFB gives me a great feedback about the car behavior, most texture are nice looking. After I've adapt my driving to the car (most important thing is the entry speed for the corner and put some power to the front wheels mid corner to put the car out of the corner without losing the really light rear) the Primera is a pleasure to drive. The sound is really good for me and helps to add the necessary immersion.
All in all a very believeable driving behavior :thumbsup: and a great addition to the game.

Cons: (Sorry for this but as a graphic artist I've to do this :roflmao:)
Your car have the same z-fighting issues at Nords for many stickers on the dashboard and the steering wheel like our Ginetta. You can fix this by adding a little bit space between the meshes and the textures.

Also it seems you've choose the wrong shaders for it e.g. the Primera logo at the doors or the Auto Trader sticker add the dashboard. Out of my experience with the Ginetta the better choise will be the ksPerPixelRefection. So this parts will recieving the necessary shadows and lower the brightness.

Your tire texture is darker now but in my opinion still to greyish.

Maybe its possible to straighten this fresh air thingys for the reflection on the windscreen (I don't know the right english words for it):
8PBX8W1.jpg

Just nickpicking :cool:

Last thing I don't like is the Modec stuff:
You've add the same delay for the RPM, speed and laptime. But just the RPM and the speed delay is believable to me. The laptime should go without any delay :cautious:

Again Thank You for your work and I hope my feedback is helpful for your work :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

Sorry it me again :roflmao:
I forgot two things to add:
Bad things first. Please hide the driver (face I think in your case) in the driver3d.ini
Good thing: As a RHM user I'm in love with your straight back F6 cam :inlove:

Immediate impression on the physics side of things: GREAT FUN! :thumbsup:

Impressive sliding machine. [Note, I said slide, not drift. :D]
But I really wouldn't make it any more oversteery.
At the moment the car gets wild very easily but it's just as easily catchable - even for a noobster like me. That's pretty awesome. :inlove:

Sorry it me again :roflmao:
I forgot two things to add:
Bad things first. Please hide the driver (face I think in your case) in the driver3d.ini
Good thing: As a RHM user I'm in love with your straight back F6 cam :inlove:
oh man, this was supposed to be done already, I guess old driver3d.ini file got into the package, will have a look

and thanks for your other feedback,
I haven't noticed any flickering on the labels but I will check, the problem with leaving too much of a gap is that in VR, this shows a lot and it's distracting, so it has to be fine balance

as far was motec goes, I don't know, I was under impression that entire display would have same refresh rate, therefore the speed of time update would be the same as everything else

and good point about the window reflection, yeah you can definitely see that it's not nice and smooth/rounded, will check that out, should be fixable to some degree

It's best to test for z fighting issues at Nords, that's pretty much the only official track that will reveal them.

We had the same issue in the SE30, if you find that one acceptable in VR I'm sure @A3DR will share any relevant details on the proper spacing. :)

The flickering issues appear mostly Nords only. Maybe can Chris Kennedy give you some help as he did it in our case. He's using VR and is able to provide an awesome feedback.

About the Modec(and just my opinion): The RPM and speed needs feedback from a source (sensor) so it can have a small delay.
The lap time is just running after a signal to start.There should be no delay :)

Last edited:
actually I'm not sure what exactly is the issue there, imo that Autotrader plaque and the big primera logos are fine

do you think they are too bright ??

when I switch to perPixelReflection, and don't change anything, it looks exactly the same btw

Last edited:
actually I'm not sure what exactly is the issue there, imo that Autotrader plaque and the big primera logos are fine

do you think they are too bright ??

when I switch to perPixelReflection, and don't change anything, it looks exactly the same btw
In the case of the Ginetta we've to set things like that to perPixelReflection. Before the stickers for example recieving no shadows and don't "interacting" with the sun. Still to bright also darker weather like heavy clouds.
We do this after this feedback and it works:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ginetta-g55-gt4-supercup.136886/#post-2503059

hmm..that's strange, you can definitely see a shadow being received on my door stickers
plus I have a normal map on some of them, and reflection shader doesn't have support for normal map
it's not only about selected shader, it's also about the values you set on it

CDA764EE28ED6ADBB2EB55B83AFFBCF03C8449BD

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.9%