1988 Honda Prelude

Cars 1988 Honda Prelude 0.9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yes, you can have them both installed at the same time:

1) Assuming that you have version 95 installed currently. Rename that folder in \assettocorsa\content\cars to something like "honda_prelude_88-95"
2) In the honda_prelude_88-95 folder, open the subfolder UI and then open the file ui_car.json with notepad. Change the name in the first line slightly, for example "Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4WS 1988 version 0.9.5"
3) Extract the new version (using Content Manager or manually extracting to \assettocorsa\content\cars)

You will now see both cars in CM. Let me know if you have any trouble.

I will have all three cars in the next pack (0.9.7)
Thanks so much for the help on how to do that, greatly appreciated!

I got it working after realizing my renaming of the folder caused an issue with the soundbank being linked. I used the fix command in the bottom corner of Content Manager and got the car working, all is perfect! At first it still had no sound when using the fix command, but I realized there's a replace sound function in CM too and the used the 4WS.

Promise that's my last edit haha, off to the races! I'll enjoy all three :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the help on how to do that, greatly appreciated!

I got it working after realizing my renaming of the folder caused an issue with the soundbank being linked. I used the fix command in the bottom corner of Content Manager and got the car working, all is perfect! At first it still had no sound when using the fix command, but I realized there's a replace sound function in CM too and the used the 4WS.

Promise that's my last edit haha, off to the races! I'll enjoy all three :)
Sorry, forgot about the sound bank!

Do you have this model in quad? I would like remodeled it ... if I unpack from CM its triangle hell ...
I would like make this gen of prelude ... I make this prelude

Do you have this model in quad? I would like remodeled it ... if I unpack from CM its triangle hell ...
I would like make this gen of prelude ... I make this prelude
Hi No107064,

Your Prelude pack looks amazing, nice work.

I have these models in 3DS Max and can export them any format you like.

I'm actually weeks away from posting a new update.

Jake Grafton updated 1988 Honda Prelude with a new update entry:

Update v0.9.7

Update with lots of minor issues/additions, many from user feedback -- thank you all for that!

- fixed MANY model exterior and interior bugs
- fixed many texture mapping issues
- fixed UV and optimized the S1's (modified car) UV -- much better for skinning now
- fixed automatic shifting and AI behavior
- fixed speedo limit and oil temp calculation
- fixed clutch slip on S1
- removed traction control & ABS
- created better LOD's

- added 2-wheel steering version
- adjusted suspension and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Something awesome to add to this already good pack would be the facelift 3Gs 1990/1991 and the rare JDM specific INX and Si States versions of these cars. Awesome mod :)
Good idea. I don't know the INX, will have to investigate.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just looked up the INX. That's so cool. I thought the fixed headlight version was a myth.
If I can find enough reference images, I may do (when I have time).

Last edited:
Good idea. I don't know the INX, will have to investigate.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just looked up the INX. That's so cool. I thought the fixed headlight version was a myth.
If I can find enough reference images, I may do (when I have time).
That would be cool. The INX is one of the old Hondas I used to own and regret selling, that and my old Honda City Turbo II.

This mod is great, I really enjoy driving my 91 4WS Prelude I own, in Asseto Corsa. However it is only great on non DD steering wheel. If you drive the car with a DD steering wheel, steering is very very heavy, really a total opossite of the IRL very light steering, because of the power assisted steering wheel this car has IRL.

This mod is great, I really enjoy driving my 91 4WS Prelude I own, in Asseto Corsa. However it is only great on non DD steering wheel. If you drive the car with a DD steering wheel, steering is very very heavy, really a total opossite of the IRL very light steering, because of the power assisted steering wheel this car has IRL.
Oh, that's strange.

You could change the FF value in the CAR.INI file in the DATA folder. On the default car it's 2.6. Try halving it.

On the default car it's 2.6. Try halving it.
Yep, tried even 1. The steering is kind of fine until I turn more than 100-110 degrees. Thas where it gets really stiff. then around 150-160 degrees, it gets better. I really did not notice this on my old Thurstmaster T150, but on new simagic DD, which has 15nm torque, its bad. If I lower it to 10 NM, its better. But still not really good. I tried to diagnose the issue so I used FFBclip app in Asseto Corsa and there is lot of FFB clipping. Maybe it has something to do with how the suspension, wheels and tyres are setup. Physics of the car in general have imho the biggest impact on the ffb

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.