1988 Honda Prelude

Cars 1988 Honda Prelude 0.9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jake Grafton submitted a new resource:

1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si - Third generation Prelude

1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si (third generation)

View attachment 436376

I started this with a basic exterior model (purchased on the internet). Everything else is scratch-made, while learning 3D modeling. (This is not an exported model from another game.)

It's still a work-in-progress. I really welcome feedback -- let me know if you find any bugs, missing features or to request a feature.

The radio isn't the stock one, I made the one that I had in 1989.

Things left to...

Read more about this resource...

I put other cars and everything is in order. I downloaded the subaru yesterday - I put it. everything is ok.
the same with the tracks. everything worked. then on one beautiful day stopped loading

Last edited:
Great to have the Prelude in Assetto Corsa :thumbsup:. I hoped that it would be available some day. I had one in the 90s (with the 4WS). It was such a great car. My father bought it new 1987 and then later I had it until 1998. You will probalbly plan to further improve the 3D model, espacially the bumpers need some attention. Are you also planning to do a full european spec version with the original wheel caps, steering wheel etc.?

Unbenannt-49.jpg

Great to have the Prelude in Assetto Corsa :thumbsup:. I hoped that it would be available some day. I had one in the 90s (with the 4WS). It was such a great car. My father bought it new 1987 and then later I had it until 1998. You will probalbly plan to further improve the 3D model, espacially the bumpers need some attention. Are you also planning to do a full european spec version with the original wheel caps, steering wheel etc.?

View attachment 437076
Thanks for the story and the picture. I'm grateful that others share my nostalgia (and reverence) for this car. You don't see it in many games because it isn't remembered as fast, but the 3rd gen isn't about just speed.

I'm working on smoothing the interior now.

The rear bumper is on my list to indent it more and put on a small lip. I thought that I was finished with the front one, however. Can you provide me with more info on updating the front one?

I have the original wheels done, it will be in the next update (hopefully within a week).
__custom_showroom_1607829582.jpg
As for the euro version, I was considering doing that if requested. Added to my list.

Reactions: fjr
here put the log file

The shape of the bumpers is one of the major issue as they are not accurate at all. Here is a comparison picture.

Prelude compare.jpg

I see where you mean. I've got a lot of work to do...

Thanks for taking the time to create this comparison.

You are welcome. Here is another more detailed view. If you can fix those shapes it will improve the over all impression massively I guess.

Prelude 2.jpg

It was one of the first cars delivered to germany when my father bougt it back in 1987. It had the same color as in the brochures. So it shoud be Phoenix red. I sold it in 1998.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.