1937 Auto Union Type C

Cars 1937 Auto Union Type C 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm just wondering what was the point to have a so big jump in gearing from 1st to 2nd, that you have so low revs after change (in 2nd) even after reaching the rev limit. Is it maybe because the car is so overpowered that you couldn't gain from higher revs' more power on those thin tyres?

Oh yes, the W125 my other favourite.
BTW I have the highly unpopular opinion they must have been even harder to drive in real. Just can't imagine 0,7 bhp/kg on those tyres...
At least if the Tatra is anything to go by, but putting in a swing-axle geo more like this car, with lower roll center but improper curves and way too much anti, was harder to drive than a more correct roll center, better curves and more correct anti.

I think a more realistic rear geometry would make the car much easier. I really don't think any cars historically have been very hard to drive at all, except maybe some very crazy exceptions.

This one is the crazy exception, all literature agrees that it has minimal rear load transfer and always oversteers.
Yeah looking more at it, I'm starting to believe this does fall into that exception category. Due to the swing axle there's already not exactly an ideal condition for grip to say the least, but the rear tire diameter is also so large, and the links are so high, the roll center is extra high.

Seems like it'll drive a little bit easier way under the limit, because there's less anti mainly so it doesn't just stiffen up like crazy at any RPM, any speed as soon as you breathe on the gas, but I think it slides around a bit more everywhere else.

I just saw a fuel consumption problem in the Primera BTCC thread, and I remembered I had the same issue with this car. The AI pits in the penultimate lap. It happened on more tracks, what I'm sure was Deutschlandring and Feldbergring. The solution was with the Primera to modify km/liter in the fuel_cons.ini. Should I do the same? If yes what is the number I have to use?

If they're only coming up one lap short, the number in fuel_cons.ini must be only slightly too high. (The AI thinks it can get marginally more km out of its fuel than it is able to in reality.) So a lower number may help.

This can be a tricky file to set up as different tracks produce different consumption results, so you can test on one track, use the AI app to save fuel_cons, and then on a faster track where they spend more time at high RPM/high throttle you'll still run into this problem.

What is the deal with people who give negative reviews because they don't know how to install mods? "Probably just something I'm doing wrong though" yeah, no kidding. Or I don't know, maybe the mod is broken and doesn't work at all, you just happen to be the first to notice, the other 15000+ people who downloaded it didn't.

Last edited:
It's such an amazing car, isn't it? And to think that Rosemeyer set the lap record round Bremgarten in this car in 1936, of 2 mins 34.5 secs... :confused: I can't imagine how hard the real race was - 50 laps / 364 km, often in wet or drying conditions... :O_o:

It makes me feel quite pleased with my 2 mins 39.6 secs lap time round Bremgarten :x3:

Thanks again, @garyjpaterson , for one of the finest cars in AC - certainly one of the most challenging and satisfying :inlove:

It's such an amazing car, isn't it? And to think that Rosemeyer set the lap record round Bremgarten in this car in 1936, of 2 mins 34.5 secs... :confused: I can't imagine how hard the real race was - 50 laps / 364 km, often in wet or drying conditions...
That thing is deadly, but so much fun. Give it too much throttle in third gear, spin the rears, go into the brushwork. It's especially fun around the Deutschlandring, with the long drawn out right hander at the start where you can get up to speed :inlove:

Looking forward to going of track at Bremgarten :D

Hi Gary,
I noticed something strange with the ghost car of the Type C, and I can see the same thing in the Showroom (CM) when I check the box named "wheels align using data". Here is a screeshot of this "data".
Daniel

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1630175883.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1630175883.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hello...great job on the Mod...I have 1 question...how do I set it up so that I can actually drive it? It instantly loses traction and I am trying to figure out how to set it up to actually enjoy driving it...I know it has older tires, but I just cant seem to get it to move without spinning out of control...I know its not the car, it is either the way I have it set up or the way im driving?

Hello...great job on the Mod...I have 1 question...how do I set it up so that I can actually drive it? It instantly loses traction and I am trying to figure out how to set it up to actually enjoy driving it...I know it has older tires, but I just cant seem to get it to move without spinning out of control...I know its not the car, it is either the way I have it set up or the way im driving?
no setup required, just careful inputs.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea