1937 Auto Union Type C

Cars 1937 Auto Union Type C 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Unfortunately the ai in this car cant get around the 2nd bank turn on kunos' monza 1966 track !

Will this or can this be fixed?
I can have a look at it and see what I can do, though absolutely no promises. I didn't spend long on the AI in order to be able to get the car out on christmas eve, I only tested the AI at Feldbergring and tweaked them until they could make it around T1 on a flier without wallriding. I will check it out before I issue an update and see what the problem is, and see if its fixable without making it too slow on more normal tracks.

Bear in mind this car was totally not designed to drive at that track - for any high speed track (especially with banking) it used totally different tyres, and also was often a different car entirely (the Streamliner).

Thank you for that awesome car. I am loving it :) Do you consider releasing a twin tires version? I don't know if they raced it with twin tires back in those days. But at the goodwood festival they showed it with two tires on the rear. Looks pretty badass :thumbsup:

Thank you for that awesome car. I am loving it :) Do you consider releasing a twin tires version? I don't know if they raced it with twin tires back in those days. But at the goodwood festival they showed it with two tires on the rear. Looks pretty badass :thumbsup:

Not entirely sure what changes to the tyre physics would be required, or if they made any other modifications to the Hillclimb cars. I'll think about it.

Can someone recommend a good track for this car?

These work great:

Thank you. Epic stuff. Looks great, lovely to drive. I like these older cars as they are more about strategy and wisdom than just pure fast reflexes and precision like modern high frequency cars.

That mid engine layout sure does give good traction for the rear end. It feels quite easy and safe, till it doesn't. Fools a driver quite a bit as it changes to unforgiving quite quickly. And I like how it is understeery too.

I haven't done a single completely clean lap at Deutschlandring, but was getting better quickly. Few more laps and probably could race consistently. Did pretty much same laptime (slightly faster) like with W125, 4:08 and 4:09, probably could shave off more with Typce C than with W125. Was fun. I was more consistent with W125, but it also felt more on the limit the whole time :D Perhaps thats only because I have more practice with it is why I was more consistent with Merc. Not so much consistent when tire wear effect kicks in though.

I only think that tires stay at optimum temps range a bit too easily, or the range itself is, IDK. I definitely think that tire wear is not rapid enough. Also I wonder if the fuel consumption isn't too low ?
Just wanted to thank you for your amazing W125 to go along with the Type C. Finally they can play together again ;)

garyjpaterson

when i say ''horrible'' drive i mean compared whit another versions of the autounionv16 car in sims, like legion version for example.

The car not feel realistic for 30's era for now, your car must need more power and 5 gearbox, take a look of my personal video of autounionv16 of legion

garyjpaterson

when i say ''horrible'' drive i mean compared whit another versions of the autounionv16 car in sims, like legion version for example.

The car not feel realistic for 30's era for now, your car must need more power and 5 gearbox, take a look of my personal video of autounionv16 of legion
Lol yeah just so you know, that mod you reference has physics largely stolen from @aphidgod's Merc W125, so live axle etc which is not remotely close to how the Auto Union should be:

1579351751748.png

The swing axles AU chose to use at the time were what made this car so bad to drive (very high rear roll centre relative to the front) - the fact the shitty mod you reference didn't even consider that says it all really. No wonder you prefer that one to drive lol

1579352372088.png

Additionally, the Legion mod has too much power (520whp, actual power at the wheels will be much lower), and also uses a turbo :roflmao:

1579352014397.png

And also didn't even take into account one of the fairly unusual and innovative concepts at the time - having the (very large) fuel tank centrally mounted...

unknown.png

So yeah, you think that total joke of a mod is better, thats fine. Go drive it, no need to post about it here.

So no, it doesn't need any more power, it has 520hp (less at the wheels). And no, it doesn't need a 5-speed gearbox, please read this extensive post explaining that they moved to 4 ratios for 36 and 37, including sources: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/1937-auto-union-type-c.176823/page-2#post-3091627

Last edited:
Hey Gary,
I'm having a weird issue with the mod, where the auto union logo is in my face when I try to drive and take screenshots in game.
I have just installed the mod, is this normal or is there some solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_auto_union_type_c_bilsterberg_27-1-120-17-58-0.jpg
    Screenshot_auto_union_type_c_bilsterberg_27-1-120-17-58-0.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_auto_union_type_c_bilsterberg_27-1-120-17-58-21.jpg
    Screenshot_auto_union_type_c_bilsterberg_27-1-120-17-58-21.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 165
Hey Gary,
I'm having a weird issue with the mod, where the auto union logo is in my face when I try to drive and take screenshots in game.
I have just installed the mod, is this normal or is there some solution?
Yeah thats definitely not normal, I wish I had any idea how this is happening and how to stop it, I've never seen anything like it. Looks to be displaying the Ext_decals texture over the top.

I'd suggest trying to delete the files and reinstall the mod, though it seems you installed it correctly considering the car boots. Are you running stock vanilla AC, no CSP mod or anything?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%