rF2 1.5h WEC (LMP & GT3) @ Daytona Road Course - Friday 6th March 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Which thread? I don´t see the BES cars in the first page here? Problem is I am not only downloading BES so dunno if I will make it :(

I have set the network settings to 255 kb would it go faster setting it at higher settings? I have 100 mb so it´s not my internet connection.

Good race all, not a good race for me though, good qualy but couldnt run consistent during the race, too many mistakes :( and @Jim Brailsford sorry for taking you out, I thought you were slowing to let me through, my mistake :redface::unsure:
Them LMP's were like bullets coming up behind, scared me a few times :confused:

Good race all, not a good race for me though, good qualy but couldnt run consistent during the race, too many mistakes :( and @Jim Brailsford sorry for taking you out, I thought you were slowing to let me through, my mistake :redface::unsure:
Them LMP's were like bullets coming up behind, scared me a few times :confused:
Absolutely no worries Paul, that first corner was causing me problems every time. Great race to watch after I'd finished and I've learnt a lot. Cheers guys.

That was fun despite no battles. I literally forgot about the strategy until warmup. I didn't know fuel consumption or tyre wear so I just went for it, full tank + one stop for 19 more laps of fuel. The start was interesting, but I made a couple of mistakes and the top three GT's ran away, So I was on my own for the rest of the stint. But after the pits, something switch on in my head, I just went for it trying to catch David, and it was working splendidly. But alas, I missed a braking point and He managed to get away again. I reckon I wouldn't have made that mistake it would have been a really awesome finish.

Did you make it Cosimo? I suppose you are all rolling now. Well what is a day at the ball :D

I did make it, yes. I downloaded the last cars externally, not through Getmod. I wouldn't have made it otherwise.

Thanks all for the race, I loved it :)

I improved my PB by 0.1s in Quali and race was almost flawless, a couple of excursions in the grass, first time Gijs took the opportunity to gain P1 and second spin Daiman unlapped himself.
I knew one stop strategy was feasible, so I just short-shifted my way around and was left with 6 litres of fuel at the end.

Attached are the quali (1:27.0) and race (1:28.7) setups I used.

Attachments

• SCES_LMP1_Qualify.svm
    4.1 KB · Views: 266
  • SCES_LMP1_Race.svm
    4.1 KB · Views: 251
What a race. Those first 40min were pretty intense.
Close and fair racing with some position changes kept me busy in the first stint. Me Andreas and David had some fun.:D
With the LMP1s overtaking us slow GT3s it created some interesting situations with 3 wide on some occasions.

Second stint started the same way but then David lost it and i took advantage to gain some precious seconds. After that it was more relaxed trying to keep a good distance and avoiding the big mistakes.
Thanks for a great and clean race. :thumbsup:

Very unlucky race but also a lot of fun.

I reached second position on the grid in GT3 class just behind @Joao Fernandes. After some great fights with Joao I was on P1 but he and @David O'Reilly were too fast to open a gap.

On lap 12, suddenly I hit an invisible wall on start finsih line and flew about 50 meters. Damn that hurt.

...ready for take off? Nooo!

I had to drive one lap with a broken suspension and then there was a 77 sec repairtime :( very sad but everything on the car was fixed.
I filled the tank to its limit and luckily it was enough finishing the race. The tires were burned but it was drivable :)
After a long and fair battle with @Gabriel Sterr I reached P4 in the GT3 class.

But 3 laps before the end I had a disconnect .... rejoined and finally I was 5th in GT3 class.

That was my first multi class race ever and I loved it so much though.
The lapping was very well by all drivers.

Thx, and hopefully we will do such a race again soon.

Congrats @Cosimo , @Stefan Woudenberg and @Joao Fernandes !:thumbsup:

Fuel consumption was my strategy killer. Doing a 45min with 1 fuel tank wasn't possible with the LMP ARX 90L fuel tank (and the setup i had). So i had to do 2 stops.

I was a bit surprised to see Cosimo still driving after +40min... :geek:

- first stop: stalled the engine just 1 m before the red square.
- 2nd stop: 62 sec to change tires. :confused: i guess my pit crew was :sleep: ...

Anyway the SCES LMP's are fun to drive. I don't why SimHQ don't want to release their cars in general public. I found a small link on their forum. It's gone now.
It would be good publicity for their league if they did.

BTW: @Daiman Patel , Nice consistency! :geek:

BTW: @PaulH : it's scary to be in that bullet too. :p

@Pär Öqvist ,

The GT3 cars are all together almost 1Gb. So that will take a while to download. It's to big to upload to the RD resource manager (300Mb limit) :(

BTW: all "get missing component" links are just direct links to dropbox. ;) It's handled by html. Just like your internet browser They are not limited by the in-game 256kbs (simulation port). They will download as fast/slow via your browser as in game.

"Get mod" is a 107kb file that should download in a second from the server. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back