rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
- Jun 4, 2011
There has been a slight change in plans, and we've got a surprise for you all!
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WEC
Track: Daytona SCES Road Course
Car: Blancpain Endurance Series v1.0 (Templates), SCES LMP 919 (Templates), SCES LMP ARX (Templates), Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing 2013
Mod: Download via Server
Everything should be downloadable via the server, upon login.
Choose your poison on the day, and feel free to switch between cars during the practice session. You will have the following to choose from:
- SCES Porsche 919
- SCES ARX
- Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing
- Audi R8 (LMS & Ultra version)
- Ferrari F458
- Ferrari F430
- Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Porsche 997 GT3-R
- BMW Z4 GT3
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
- Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP600+
Road condition: Rubber on track where possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x (pit-stops will NOT be mandatory)
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Traction control: Medium
Race - Friday, 6th March 2015
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT - 20 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 19:50 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:00 GMT - reconnaissance lap + 90 minutes [double-file rolling start]
Reconnaissance time - 3 minutes:
You'll have 60 sec to exit the pit lane. If not: you'll start from the pit lane with cold tires.
After that: you still have 120 sec to drive to the starting grid at your own tempo, to pre-heat tires, brakes, and the engine, and to drive to your starting position. If you are not on your starting position in time, you'll be spawned on your spot in neutral.
Racedepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
Clock GMT: Click here
- Driver swapping is allowed
- Each car can have 1-2 drivers (Driver Swap Tutorial)
- All cars must have their headlights on at all times (additional flashing is encouraged when overtaking / lapping)
- Blue flag: signals a faster car is behind you. Caution is required, but moving over is not.
- The faster car is expected to look for a sensible passing opportunity. They are responsible for initiating a safe pass, but the slower car is equally as responsible for allowing an overtake to occur safely. Stay on the racing line, leaving plenty of room for the overtaking car, and do not make sudden / unexpected movements.
- When lapping: straights are preferred over corners; corner exits are preferred over corner entries.
- Slower cars are expected to keep to their racing line and cooperate with safe passes. Moving out of the way is not advised, as it leads to unpredictable situations.
- Faster cars may flash their headlights to indicate that they are about to make a pass.
- Patience is key!
- Remember to test pit-stops and driver swaps (Driver Swap Tutorial)
- Ensure that all drivers in the team have driven some laps in traffic, and different track conditions
- Whilst not racing or preparing for a driver swap, drivers are not permitted to be on the server; timing software will be provided so that team members are able to monitor the race
- Presence on TS is not mandatory, but is recommended in case communication with drivers or teams is required
- Standing start
- At the beginning of the race, once you select "Race" your car will immediately spawn directly on the grid in your qualifying position
- Your tyres and brakes will be cold - BE CAREFUL
- Do not take risks, or attempt to make over-ambitious overtakes - it's a 2 hour race, don't ruin it for yourself or others
- Ensure that you practise standing starts before the race - please only do this in the pit lane, away from other cars (be aware what's around you)
- Name all drivers for your car
- You can always add or remove drivers to your car later on
- Your final line-up should be clear 24 hours ahead of the event
Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account to here.
Beginning March 1st, 2015 our Racing Clubs and Racing Leagues, that are hosted on our dedicated servers, will become Premium only. Premium memberships can now be purchased monthly (2.50 EUR), quarterly (6.75 EUR), bi-annually (12.00 EUR) or yearly (20.00 EUR). Memberships can also now be given as a gift to other members as appreciation for their work to the site or just make some of your online racing friends happy.
- Daiman Patel
- Stefan Woudenberg
- Richard Hill
- Gijs van Elderen
- Paul Hurlow
- Andrew Ford
- Alessandro Dalledonne
- Joao Fernandes
- Jim Brailsford
- Jason Skyring
- David O'Reilly
- Franco Becagli
- Tal Segal
- Andreas Oehrlich
- Morné du Plooy
- Cosimo Streppone
- Pär Öqvist
- Imre Bende
- Gabriel Sterr
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks!
SERVER IS UP!