rF2 1.5h WEC (LMP & GT3) @ Daytona Road Course - Friday 6th March 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Don't like stuff like this...
Traction control: Medium
ABS: Low

we're racing a sim...
As this is a club race we've got to ensure that it's accessible to everyone - seasoned and experienced drivers, as well as newbies and me! :roflmao: Therefore we enable the use of aids so that everyone can feel comfortable. If you don't agree with the use of aids then the solution is simple - don't use them. However, on that note, I agree with the point that @Frederic Schornstein makes regarding the application of some penalty (typically the addition of weight) if you wish to use an aid, as we have done for the WEC GT Racing club. This way it's not possible for drivers to gain a substantial advantage by enabling an aid. At the same time, I do agree with what you say - this is a sim, so aids shouldn't always be used / available, hence we are much more strict about them when it comes to league racing.

As this is a club race we've got to ensure that it's accessible to everyone - seasoned and experienced drivers, as well as newbies and me! :roflmao: Therefore we enable the use of aids so that everyone can feel comfortable. If you don't agree with the use of aids then the solution is simple - don't use them. However, on that note, I agree with the point that @Frederic Schornstein makes regarding the application of some penalty (typically the addition of weight) if you wish to use an aid, as we have done for the WEC GT Racing club. This way it's not possible for drivers to gain a substantial advantage by enabling an aid. At the same time, I do agree with what you say - this is a sim, so aids shouldn't always be used / available, hence we are much more strict about them when it comes to league racing.

I don't use them anyway even if they're enabled but it's a bit, not to say annoying, but sad if some front runners use aids and have advantages through that. Its a Club "Fun" Race, but nevertheless it's not what it should be like. If they're not as good / comfortable ok, but then it should be handled like frederics way.

I joined the server and had to download all BES components and the SCES P1 cars, but after I donwloaded all cars except Nissan, Porsche, Aston and the P1 it doesnt work anymore :(
It is always trying to start the download, but it doesn't.

I joined the server and had to download all BES components and the SCES P1 cars, but after I donwloaded all cars except Nissan, Porsche, Aston and the P1 it doesnt work anymore :(
Sounds like you might still have the old, BOP versions of the BES cars installed. Uninstall them, and check that they have been deleted from the folder of installed components. To prevent the files you have already acquired from being downloaded again just install them as usual via the Package Manager (but this isn't strictly necessary). Finally, try to log in again - hopefully the download will resume.

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

For me it worked to install the already downloaded stuff manual via mod manager and then try again - than the download started and finished without any problem. Had this 2 times lately.

I now have the perfect suiting wheel running for the Lola ;)
DSC03310.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years