0.8.5 Update

- Fixed Race weekend output
- Improved AI
- Improved AI Fuel evaluation
- Fixed FF vibration with stationary car (Mclaren GT3)
- Graphics optimizations

I'm at work but I wonder what they mean by "Fixed FFB vibration with stationary McLaren GT3". I was just playing AC yesterday and I noticed the McLaren was vibrating more than usual in the pits and I loved it. I hope they didn't change it back. I was really digging that effect.

Yes, for me (G27) it wasn't so bad in the McL but I have violent shakes in the Huayra...hope they are gone after this update (unless they are very car specific?)

Edit: To be clear, it's when the car stands still before you drive away it rattles something terrible, if you keep the brake pressed it stops until you release it....

A quick 3 lap race against the new and improved AI...they could stand to be a little more aggressive probably but I had fun. Enjoy:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/assetto-corsa-v0-8-7.7935/
just had my first non-violent race against AI, it was a really really rewarding experience! ;)
They have gotten really grown-up ;) no more weird performance boost, very consistent and clean driving...LOVED IT!! Nice job Kunos, big thumbs up!!!
now...off to racing again :D

Yes, for me (G27) it wasn't so bad in the McL but I have violent shakes in the Huayra...hope they are gone after this update (unless they are very car specific?)

Edit: To be clear, it's when the car stands still before you drive away it rattles something terrible, if you keep the brake pressed it stops until you release it....

Oooh, the Huayra is even better? Must try when I get home.

The AI now seem like they do not want to pass you. I lifted coming down the pit 'straight' at Imola, moved off the racing line, and they slowed down to form an orderly queue behind me, at least 2 or 3 could have got past me if they had maintained their speed.
Another car seemed to decided to graze the pit wall and slow right down too, but I had seem that before the update too.

Anyway, probably not tested enough to know for sure, but they do seem to leave you more room now, and less chaos all round although things still get very pedestrian going into turn 1.

The G27 issue seems resolved on both cars. Nice update.

The AI now seem like they do not want to pass you. I lifted coming down the pit 'straight' at Imola, moved off the racing line, and they slowed down to form an orderly queue behind me, at least 2 or 3 could have got past me if they had maintained their speed.
Another car seemed to decided to graze the pit wall and slow right down too, but I had seem that before the update too.

Anyway, probably not tested enough to know for sure, but they do seem to leave you more room now, and less chaos all round although things still get very pedestrian going into turn 1.

The G27 issue seems resolved on both cars. Nice update.
I'm seeing the same thing with the AI. They went from road rage in the original AI release to polite OAP's out for a Sunday drive in 0.85. When you spin out in front of them they form a queue like they're waiting for parking spaces at a primary school.

I get the impression Kunos are testing the boundaries of their AI rather than this being anything like the final version.

I wish I was enjoying 0.85 as much as everyone else but this is the 1st regressive release for me. I've seen a drop of approx 10% in fps with a full grid and have gone from 100fps approx to 60fps in practice. My T500rs randomly locks hard left when starting a race, mini shuddering when in game at random. Guess I'll hibernate till the 0.90 release. First world problems tbh.

@Juris - maybe try validating your game files via steam if you are getting some strange behaviour. Im actually seeing a few more frames on a full grid of Huuurraaayars.

I didnt mean to sound negative about the AI, just informative. Tbh starting at the back of a grid on 100% difficulty there is plently to worry about in front of you :D Im sure in the future releases the AI will be nipping at your heels again, rather than trying to get on your back seat :D

The AI has defo improved a lot imo, they seem to react more natural to what you do then ever before. Even drove side by side through Lesmo with an AI on the inside and he did not do anything funny.

Also did some test of Pauls reported "line up" behind him but have not seen it so far, all cars passed me without hesitating both when i was off and on the racing line.

On one occasion the last car in the grid hit me when I was slowly moving into the racing line even though he had plenty of time to react.
Othervise I have not been hit like before.

All tests with a 16 car grid of McL GT3 at Monza (AI at 100%)

Confirmed, no more rattle and shake in the Huy or McL :)

AWESOME! Probably my favorite cars right know and the MP4 GT3 was so bad I had to disable the FFB at the start of a race (Clubsport wheel was going nuts, it sounded like it was about to explode :D), Hyuara was only bad on the Top Gear Tyres for me... Anyway driving was fine but still good to see such a fast fix!

AWESOME! Probably my favorite cars right know and the MP4 GT3 was so bad I had to disable the FFB at the start of a race (Clubsport wheel was going nuts, it sounded like it was about to explode :D), Hyuara was only bad on the Top Gear Tyres for me... Anyway driving was fine but still good to see such a fast fix!

Wow. I'm so surprised to hear this because the Thrustmaster TX has stronger FFB than any of the Fanatec or the Logitech wheels and the smooth vibration I was getting felt great. It was fun while it lasted. I've read that a lot of people that don't like the wheel to vibrate at all though so I can understand wanting it tamed. I would like a slider for car idle wheel vibration assuming the car isn't a Honda Accord, LOL.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back