Here's my first ever mod! so excited about it! your feedback would be truly appreciated
I've found a way to modify the color finish of your career helmet for F1 2016. So you can made your helmet a bit more special.
So far I've gathered 4 different color finishes:
-Sparkle Finish (Style used by some drivers in night races like Singapore)
- little tweaks done to the mirrored visor
- Brand New Matte Helmet Finish Added
I've only uploaded the .dds files since I don't know which helmet you are using for your career mode, so you will have to do the changes yourself (sorry about that).
You can use the following modding tool to do that:
-F1 2016 modding tool by Petar Tasev:
1) Go to the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2016\asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2016
2) Open the file incardriver.erp with the F1 2016 modding tool.
3) Look for your gen_x_helmet_s.tga skin file (Mine is helmet GEN 35, so I would have to look for gen_35_helmet_s.tga) this file is in charge of your helmet finish.
4) Import your whished helmet finish by going to Textures/Import in the menu bar.
5) Save the changes done to gen_35_helmet_s.tga file.
6) Save the changes done to the incardriver.erp file.
7) All good to go.
If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!
P.D: This only changes the overall finish to the helmet, not any specific shapes, line or logos, feel free modify them!
Helmet in the picture and sponsors done and credited to the follwing:
-Helmet Sponsors Templates by fluffydave:
-Supla`s helmet pack 1 & 2 by supla007
-Red Bull Racing Career Helmets by fluffydave
Helmet Finishes 3.0
Change the color finish of your helmet