Hello AMS racers,
I submit for your consideration the last but not the least of the extensive track renovations.
Bathurst 2010 - MAX Detail v2 for AMS
The graphic and physics changes in this update of Bathurst apply only to the "Bathurst 2010 - MAX Detail" event.
The "Bathurst 2010" event is the original untouched version of the track with improved AI upgraded with the latest AI parameters, the Reiza standard pit and start lights, and some minor tweaks to the skybox, clouds and lighting.
Bathurst 2010 - MAX Detail v2.00 Change log
* Track surface, run-off, and pit lane re mapped with customized Reiza textures and upgraded road shader.
* Curb mesh are smoothed and poly count increased to improve the physics response, the curbs have the same profile and height, however now if you run onto the curb you won't immediately lose control.
* New custom Reiza curb texture with worn curb shader, all the curbs are remapped to correct any warps or irregularities.
* Cement walls re mapped to correct warped textures and unify the bump and specular mapping. All the wall textures reworked to balance the color and black levels.
* Track and pit lane lines converted to Reiza standard and smoothed.
* New 3D armco barriers with customized Reiza textures, all the armco are painted as was the original paper barrier.
* New Reiza 3D tire stacks and tire belts with custom Reiza textures.
* Rebuild the shadow objects. Now we have a lot more track side shadows from trees, signs, and poles that will cast shadows into the cockpit. All the shadow effects were carefully tweaked to maintain performance. You can set the track detail to high and remove these extra shadow effects without removing any other track details.
* Ambient occlusion effects added to the Garage exterior and interiors, Citigate hotel, bridges, grandstands, marshal posts, kiosks, and some of the other more visible track side buildings. Major reconstruction to the garage, hotel, bridges, and others were required to get a good looking AO effect. This reconstruction work also corrected 99% of the z-fighting issues.
* Reiza garage details added. Converted the original pit box gantries and garage walls to Reiza standard.
* New scratch built pit wall rail.
* Added Reiza flying objects, the heli, and you may catch a glimpse of a jet plane on occasion.
* Added Reiza standard pit lane and start lights.
* Customized physics and dynamic track developed for Bathurst. The green track is quite slippery and will rubber in slower than most tracks due to the long lap distance. The maximum grip levels are the same as previous versions, but it takes more time to reach max grip. The curbs, the runoff, and the drains at Sulman Park are very abrasive, if you run on them often your tires will suffer. The gravel traps are deep and sticky, stay clear or your race will likely be over. The marble affected areas of the track have been reduced. You still have marbles where you would expect them, but now the groove is a little bit wider than before. This should allow for safer passing and allow a bit more space to out brake your rivals. Bathurst alone is challenge enough without getting tripped up by the marbles.
* New and improved AI, faster AI with the latest AMS v1.5+ AI parameters.
* Tweaks to the skybox, clouds, fog, and lighting colors.
* New track loading screen and mini map taken from the centerline of the track model.
* Tones of minor optimizations, and fixes... too many to mention.
(texture tweaks, material errors, mesh holes, unused objects, LOD, visgroup, etc)
Special thanks and credits to Reiza for their graphics technology, garage objects, and base textures modified for use in the track surface, curbs, and walls.
Credits to Team ORSM who built the initial track, considered by many to be one of the very best recreations of Mount Panorama in the sim racing universe. Considering the competition this was a great achievement. Thank you for your time and effort. My renovation work has respected the original geometry of the track surface, with the exception of some very, very, small changes to the curbs and a small section of runoff area.
Cheers to Patrick and Alex for the initial conversion to GSC, and then again to AMS.
Please use the support forum for any issues, and be sure to leave a rating / review when you can.
Now get out there and tame the Mountain!
Special note : Make sure to remove any previous versions of Bathurst from your locations folder before installing this version.
2017 EDIT :
First, thanks to ORSM for permission to convert this track for GSC.
My job here was to update the road itself to add dynamic conditions.
I also fixed, helped by Gringo, a lot of little things like some LOD problems or object collisions. Only one or two bugs still there but I could not fix them this time. Perhaps later.
Thanks to Denis for pictures, Gringo for his help, Luigi for cams.
First track for SuperV8, I hope I will be able to release some more.
Bathurst Mount Panorama for AMS