WTCC 2011

Where do I extract the skins folder to? I extracted it to race 07 main folder and the skins looked the same. Then I extracted to Teams folder and the same as well. Sorry for asking, Im a noob in this. :D

@Joao Borges
You have to extract the folders STCC_2010 and WTCC_2011 and the files EMAP.DDS and MOTECL.TGA from the high-res RAR in your team directory and nowhere else ;)

As the skins are all the same, but have a larger size and therefore higher quality in the logos etc. you will only see a difference on larger distances where the skins aren't that blurry as the default ones. You will experience a slight loss of performance too...but higher graphics quality...so!? :D

@everyone
Had a closer look at the new rim last night and saw, that I made several things wrong :( should have looked more on reference pics then improvise...I'm currently thinking of either finish the rim anyway or remodel the rim...hard decision :(

Thanks for the tip Funk! Hmm I'll just leave it at the normal resolution, it looks great anyways! :D As for the rim, its up to you, I personally didnt think the rim needed any work. For me the most important thing in a mod are the physics and sounds. The looks are important but I can live with a few misses here and there. The fact that all of you put a lot of effort into the mod is already a win for me. :)

Thank you ;)

Something slightly off-topic: I tried to add an Alfa to my WTCC11 mod as som kind of bonus car but I can only choose the car in the menu but the model doesn't show :( someone having an idea why this could be?
within the CAS file I set all paths according to the other cars of the WTCC11 mod and tried several path setups but no one works :(
it currently looks like this:

Code:
 SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>
SearchPath=<TEAMDIR>..\Data
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\STCC
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\STCC_2010\Alfa Romeo 156 STCC2
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\STCC_2010\Drivers
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\STCC\Alfa Romeo 156 STCC Teams\
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\WTCC_2011\Alfa Romeo 156 WTCC11
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\WTCC_2011\2011_Teams
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\WTCC_2007\Alfa Romeo 156 Teams\
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\Teams\WTCC_2011\WTCC_Drivers

and I corrected all file names and references within HDC etc....but the problem remains :( anyone having an idea?

There's a file which is including ModelID's, ClassID's, etc. Have you created/modified that file? For example, if you didn't set the proper class (WTCC_2011), the game won't add the car to this class. :)

you did and incar for this car/mod only ?

eg: BMW_320_TC_WTCC11.incar

Description="BMW 320 TC WTCC11"
Engine="ENGINE_UPDATE_ME"
Manufacturer="BMW_320si"
classes="FULL,WTCC_2011"
ClassID=211
Make="BMW"
Model="BMW 320 TC WTCC11"
ModelID=107

:)

Ok, I used the trace and found my mistake xD I'm so stupid! :roflmao:
I changed the lines in the INCAR before I renamed the files. I called the car and files "ALFA ROMEO 156 WTCC11" but in the INCAR I wrote 2011...no wonder that the game didn't found the CAS file and did not render the car :rolleyes:
But now it does and I can go on editing the Alfa :whistling:

You need Article 7 from this text:

http://www.fiawtcc.com/uploads/regulation/technical-regulations.pdf

But, I think the most important part of the text for you is the following:

"The exit of the exhaust pipe must be situated at the rear of the car, within the perimeter of the car, and be less than 10 cm from this perimeter. The section of the exhaust silencers or of the catalyst itself (perpendicular to the gas flow) must fit into a rectangle the aspect ratio of which must not be greater than 2.5. Furthermore, the perimeter of the section must be convex at any point."

If I understood right what would you like to find out... :)

You need Article 7 from this text:

http://www.fiawtcc.com/uploads/regulation/technical-regulations.pdf

But, I think the most important part of the text for you is the following:

"The exit of the exhaust pipe must be situated at the rear of the car, within the perimeter of the car, and be less than 10 cm from this perimeter. The section of the exhaust silencers or of the catalyst itself (perpendicular to the gas flow) must fit into a rectangle the aspect ratio of which must not be greater than 2.5. Furthermore, the perimeter of the section must be convex at any point."

If I understood right what would you like to find out... :)

yeah! that's exactly what I was looking for ;) thank you :D
it's not easy to translate in normal, understandable language...even if you are an engineer :roflmao: but I think I got it right and now I can start building a new exhaust for my Alfa :thumbsup:

Hehe, I'm studying engineering :p
I'm an engineer :laugh: currently making my second graduation (master) :roflmao:
I just wanted to say, that English and English for engineers and of course in legal texts (here we have a mixture) is totally different to...at least if it's not your native language too! :whistling:

But back to topic: I'm currently thinking of a double exhaust in the center!?

OOH, I love the Alfa :inlove:
Does anyone have a working link for Suzuka 2010 with east layout?
Have found a place on google where the file is supposed to be, but I can't download it

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.