WTCC 2011

Hello guys!

I decided to delete the whole modification from the internet, or at least delete those download links that I had created. That means I won't improve the mod further.

I will delete the dl links at Sunday night, so until that you can download the mod onto your computer if you want.

Cheers,
Adam

Well the reason(s) is/are very simply:

1) I'm very frustrated of that 'modders' nowadays live about converting cars from a great game - and making 1 million modifications about that serie. And then, they state 'my mod is real', and 'I will give it for real drivers to test it', and blablabla.... and then, on some websites, which is dealing with sim games & its modifications, give them too much advertisement - while those teams, who made 100% legal work, don't get enough advertisement. I know that RaceDepartment isn't in this part of the sim community, but, you know, it's really frustrating me when I see the simulator websites of my country, and what's happening there. It's really-really demotivating for me, at least.

2) This will be the main reason: I've got a theorem, which I broke. The theorem is the following: "I do something properly, or not at all - but I won't give it to the public if it's bad." And, well, the physics is wrong from the basics... Earlier, when I started to work on that, got some tips of Gergely Bári, Michelisz's race engineer, he said that these new engines are "power holders" - and, I was so idiot, and I don' know how, but I thought he told me earlier they're "torque holders", and that's why the cars were behaved very-very strange.

So, you'll probably find me an idiot; but I don't want that people identify my name with a bad work, whereas I can do much better than that - so, that's why I would like to delete it.

Probably, one day will correct it, until that I don't want to burn myself and those guys who helped me a lot, with a bad work, because I was so silly.

@rob Shilito: yes. But only I will delete those links which I've uploaded - in the future, I don't care if somebody will upload it onto file sharing websites, and then he or she will share it with the others. :)

I'm having a problem with installing this mod. I installed the GameData and UIData correctly like any other mod I have, but the WTCC 2011 mod does not show up in my class selection menu. I double-checked using the Car Filter, but the 2011 does not appear as ''installed'' though I did do so.
There was only one spot left in my class selection menu (because I have quite a few mods), and just to be sure I deleted one of my other mods after which I reinstalled WTCC 2011, but that didn't work either.

Any help/ideas on this?

It is a class ID conflict - the WTCC 2011 mod is clashing with some other mod. Can't remember which mod it was, though. Your WTCC '11 cars are very likely in-game, but as a part of wrong mod. It will probably take some time to figure out the right number. :) But that's the deal with this game, when you have limited modelIDs and classIDs...

quote from post #402

Hello guys!

I decided to delete the whole modification from the internet, or at least delete those download links that I had created. That means I won't improve the mod further.

I will delete the dl links at Sunday night, so until that you can download the mod onto your computer if you want.

Cheers,
Adam​

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes